Dear Dak Haters

Ken

Reaction score
It proves that the man isn’t accurate. And last I looked his job largely hinges on accuracy.
Please explain how he is #5 all-time in completion percentage in NFL history if he is so inaccurate.

This should be good lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Please explain how he is #5 all-time in completion percentage in NFL history if he is so inaccurate.

This should be good lol
Eh, I think there is a difference in accuracy and completion percentage. Dak is really good at finding and throwing to receivers in space, or getting the ball in a general area. He even goes through spurts where he delivers dime after dime. When he isnt in that zone though he still throws catchable balls, but struggles at hitting guys on certain shoulders working inside/outside leverage, leading guys on the run, even throwing high/low he can be inconsistent.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Yes lets compare to the roster the Cowboys have this year to the Lions
YES! LET'S COMPARE ROSTERS! let's discuss what Dak did it didn't do! Let's talk about coaching and penalties and what we can do to improve!!!! Let's do all those things!!!! YES!!!

BUT if Matt Stafford is good enough to get to the Superbowl, then Dak is. But like Matt, and EVERY QB he needs a team around him.

Ken

Reaction score
Eh, I think there is a difference in accuracy and completion percentage. Dak is really good at finding and throwing to receivers in space, or getting the ball in a general area. He even goes through spurts where he delivers dime after dime. When he isnt in that zone though he still throws catchable balls, but struggles at hitting guys on certain shoulders working inside/outside leverage, leading guys on the run, even throwing high/low he can be inconsistent.
I think he struggles with accuracy the same as any other qb can on occasion. It is just magnified for whatever reason for him.

You can't have this type of completion % over 6 years and be considered "inaccurate". It is just ridiculous to suggest.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is the perfect example of what Cowboys fans have fallen to and why Jerry laughs all the way to the bank every year.
Much like to which the foofoofighters fans have fallen. Really, that 90s music is on the golden oldies hour each day on the Jacksboro Hot 100 show, but you don't mind, granddad.:muttley:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think he struggles with accuracy the same as any other qb can on occasion. It is just magnified for whatever reason for him.

You can't have this type of completion % over 6 years and be considered "inaccurate". It is just ridiculous to suggest.
Looking just at one stat like that for a QB is a dangerous game. Really just depends on the expectations. Most advanced metrics show that Dak is pretty average in terms of accuracy rates. Is really accurate when he has a clean pocket, and is below average vs his peers in terms of accuracy under pressure.

So yeah, "inaccurate" may be a misleading term, but he's not exactly in elite company as his completion % would indicate either.

fivetwos

Reaction score

This should be good lol
I dont at all doubt that's accurate (intended!), but its very tough to believe.....especially with the lack of RB involvement in the pass game.

As a fan, of the team I still have to believe he can get us to the right place one day, but the staff really needs to use him the right way. I'm not overly confident there.

Redline360

Reaction score
The zone will just be on repeat until Dak is gone.

OMG MVP caliber season after beating up on scrubs
Followed by
OMG biggest 40m waste when he hits his 5-6 game span where he can't hit the side of a barn

And repeat

Ken

Reaction score
Looking just at one stat like that for a QB is a dangerous game. Really just depends on the expectations. Most advanced metrics show that Dak is pretty average in terms of accuracy rates. Is really accurate when he has a clean pocket, and is below average vs his peers in terms of accuracy under pressure.

So yeah, "inaccurate" may be a misleading term, but he's not exactly in elite company as his completion % would indicate either.
He was 6th in the league in the lowest bad throw percentage. 12th in on target %.

Some of the teams ahead of him in both have 100-150 less pass attempts as well.

Last full season in 2019 he was 5th in both categories.

Those are advanced stats.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

What advanced metrics?
Also, what stats show he's below average among his peers?

shabazz

Reaction score
The zone will just be on repeat until Dak is gone.

OMG MVP caliber season after beating up on scrubs
Followed by
OMG biggest 40m waste when he hits his 5-6 game span where he can't hit the side of a barn

And repeat

……..or until he can possibly win a Championship game…..or perhaps even just get to one

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What advanced metrics?
Also, what stats show he's below average among his peers?
Accuracy rates under pressure...Literally just go to any NFL source that does charting, you'll probably have to buy a membership(let me know if you find a free one), but it'll break it all down. It pretty much shows that Dak is really good on passes less than 10 yards, and really good with a clean pocket to throw from. Not so hot on the intermediate throws and under pressure throws. Granted all QBs are going to be worse with deeper throws and being under pressure, you compare it to the league average and hes on par in some areas, falls below the league norm in others. Interesting thing is he jumps back up in accuracy compared to the rest of the league a bit on deep throws.

Not saying the guy cant be accurate, but his completion percentage alone is pretty misleading. Not buying for a second that Dak is top 5 in that area.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

This should be good lol
You're confusing hunting accuracy with target scoring accuracy.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Sort of...I agree we have several other contracts that are issues as well, this isnt just a Dak issue. The problem is Dak is a piece of the problem, not the solution. Does he get more hate than he should? Probably, but for every Dlaw type contract we have Daks deal is double the headache. Also other QBs have done longer deals allowing money to be reshuffled and spread out over longer periods of time. Dak is on a 4 year deal and will need to renegotiate that deal very soon.

The fix seems to be restructuring deal after deal pushing more money into the future, however those future years you may be paying Dak $50MM in a new deal instead of $40, and you still have those other bad contracts being a factor, and now you have to find money for guys like Diggs, Parsons, Lamb, etc.

The issues isnt Dak, its how do you pay Dak and build a top tier team around him, because he clearly is a good qb, but not a put the team on his back and lead the way type of elite QB.

Looking just at the games from last week....Mahomes did an ultra team friendly deal, Burrow is on a rookie deal, Jimmy G is a fraction of Daks deal, and Stafford is only at a $20MM cap hit this year (plus he has a team that is willing to completely mortgage the future to make it work).

Dak isnt the only issue, but there is no denying that he took every last dime he could from Jerry, and got exactly what he wanted in a new contract.
Fair enough. I imagine that injury played part in his get paid now. Shouldn't have paid Zeke. Money should have been invested on the OL. I'm more pro paying your QB than paying big contracts to the RB position. Short careers, and a dime a dozen if your line makes holes.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah, but 60% of those haters hide like cowards when Dak plays well and win. So those Dak hatin cowards were only able to come out 6 times this year.

The better question is, why do those haters hide until the next available loss. Where were they during the wins???
579 posts. . . where you been?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
No doubt that it's the ultimate team game.

To compare QBs you have to compare them in similar situations.
Maybe even try to imagine them playing on each other's rosters.

If anyone was football dumb enough to think Matt Stafford was not a stud though, then they really can't be helped anyway.
Most folks with a football background knew that he would have way better team results if he was almost anywhere other than Detroit.

And guess what....1st year out of the gate he is already playing in the Super Bowl.

To be fair though, I know this thread was about Dak, and I think he has played on pretty good teams his whole career.
Not great, but in general, pretty good.