Dear Dak Haters

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
ok first instead of dak haters, u should use dak critics.

now about your post, you totally left out coaching, and that matters alot. This year the best teams with the coaches that did the best job
are in the SB. It helps that they have a top level qb playing for them.

I agree it isnt just the qb, if dallas had drafted burrows, they still would not have made it to SB, because their coaches suck.

it is a team game and that includes the coaches and gm. Dallas is weak in both those category's.

It is also about desire to be winners, and desire to be your best in playoff games, and all the dallas players are weak in this area.
They are content to have a winning season, and get paid, and be stars.

Now about dak, if you had put him on the bengals or the rams, I doubt either team would be in SB with him. It is possible, but unlikely.
Would he be a better qb on either of those 2 teams, I think he would be, but how much better, there is no way to know.

dak is not good enough or smart enough to carry dallas, with our coaches, and the mindset of the whole team.
He will never overcome that, I dont think even these other guys like burrows or stafford could overcome stupid coaching and the loser mindset dallas has.

Has Dak played poorly at times, been off in passing, made poor decisions? yes he has, and if you combine that with bad coaching,bad gm
then they are one and done in playoffs.
Also his coaches havent coached him up properly, as shown in the kurt warner vids, which also shows kellen to be kinda stupid.

A team has to be great play great, and have the desire to win, and have great coaching to get to a SB, it isnt easy.

The guys like mahomes and rodgers sitting at home, KC lost a very close game SF lost very close game so did brady and rodgers, and
any little thing in coaching or players not stepping up enough cost them those games.

None of those teams/qbs, had a bozo ending like the cowboys did or that many penaltys, which again comes back to coaching.

jerry has already decided to waste another year on mike and we more than likely have kellen back too, so no SB for dallas next season,
maybe they can lose better next time though.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak disappears in important games against good defenses . As simple as that . He will be remembered as the most expensive average QB in cowboys history . His talent level is limited , and he seems to have issues reading the defenses . All major flows when you are trying to play at the top level .

Cmac

Reaction score
Yea... so the 'hater' word kinda looses its meaning when 90% of the board agrees Dak suks.
Goes hand in hand with our OC.......he sucks too. So there you have it. The Mercedes ain't gonna run smooth if you using Ford Focus parts. Just will not work.

KMoore has elevated from a Coach Killer to a Talent Killer.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Yep he was so bad he was in the running for the Heisman trophy

Yep, the Great DAK PRESCOT finished 8th for the Heisman trophy....now that is an AMAZING feet...did he WIN..no...was he a finalist NO...just what was DAK PRESCOT in college....a decent QB, a JAG, and good player...nothting special and that is what he is today.

Just like Kirk Cousins,,,,,DAK Prescott is a top 10-15 QB in the NFL, depending on the game and year....in big games....they both fail all to often. They don't show up, they reach their peak talent level and fall. They cant over come their lack of talent to get the team over the top....thats the difference between a Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Josh Allen, Burrow etc, Also the likes of D. Watson, Lamar Jackson,

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You either have it.....or you don't....

FKfCFGOVcAAyPZl

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sometimes. Then, you have the Dilfer Ravens, the Brad Johnson Bucs, the Namath Jets, the Rypien Football Team, the Hostetler Giants, the Plunkett Raiders ...

It can even be argued that Stafford isn't really the difference. Remember, the Rams got to the Super Bowl with Goff. Stafford is a real good quarterback, but I don't think anyone would say that he's great. He's in the right situation for his skill level.

Did you know before Matt Stafford went to LA, he was already on pace to become the most prolific QB who ever lived? The failings of his previous franchise cannot be understated.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...-heres-how-he-ranks-historically-at-that-age/

Now, I don’t think he’s quite elite as he doesn’t carry a team like Rodgers does, like Mahomes does, but his greatness is not in question for me

cmoney23

Reaction score
now about your post, you totally left out coaching, and that matters alot. This year the best teams with the coaches that did the best job
are in the SB. It helps that they have a top level qb playing for them.

I agree it isnt just the qb, if dallas had drafted burrows, they still would not have made it to SB, because their coaches suck.

it is a team game and that includes the coaches and gm. Dallas is weak in both those category's.
I consider all of this part of the TEAM

McKDaddy

Reaction score
exact same QB in Matt Stafford
Stafford has more natural talent to play the position in his little finger ... of his non throwing hand. They are in no way the "exact" same

Could it be that his TEAM
Everyone knows it's a team game. No one gets there by themselves. However, you can still evaluate each individual player and how well they performed their job.

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl.
There is absolutely zero evidence of this. His career to date has actually demonstrated that he can't. He can't even score more than 7-10 against good teams if the defense doesn't set him. Even with an outstanding team around him, no one should expect Dak to get you to & win a Superbowl. I mean the odds are very, very low that he makes the plays that a QB will have to make in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It’s the difference between the Goff Rams last year and the Stafford Rams this year. The difference between the Winston Bucs and the Brady Bucs. Tebow Broncos and Manning Broncos. When Alex Smith joined the Teamers. When the Ravens moved from Flacco to Lamar Jackson. When the Pats chose Mac Jones over another year of Cam Newton.

It’s a team sport, yes, but the QB’s influence is dramatic.
:hammer:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
Very obnoxious post

Cebrin

Reaction score
I dont think anyone really disagrees with you. Dak has shown he is very capable of winning games. The issue is Dak needs a great team around him, and that becomes harder to do when he is taking up such a high percentage of the cap. The TEAM has to put it all together, but its getting tougher and tougher to build a team with a QB with a mega contract as well as several players on the back ends of their careers taking on big chunks of cap space as well. That isnt all on Dak, but he doesnt seem to be part of the solution right now either.
I kinda disagree with this. Every team pays their QB. We're just bad at spreading the rest of the money around intelligently.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score

Dak’s an average QB with an elite salary. I’m okay with average QBs but you can’t buy decent players to enhance the team if you give the money away. That’s on Jerry.

leeblair

Reaction score

It's a team game, but the team is made weak when the most important position is played by Dak.
It's clear that he holds the team back with his inability to lead when he needs to get them moving.
That wasn't the case with Stafford. He was being held back by issues with other players and management in Detroit.
Here, it's Dak's tendency to shut down whe the pressure is on that hurts the team.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I kinda disagree with this. Every team pays their QB. We're just bad at spreading the rest of the money around intelligently.
Sort of...I agree we have several other contracts that are issues as well, this isnt just a Dak issue. The problem is Dak is a piece of the problem, not the solution. Does he get more hate than he should? Probably, but for every Dlaw type contract we have Daks deal is double the headache. Also other QBs have done longer deals allowing money to be reshuffled and spread out over longer periods of time. Dak is on a 4 year deal and will need to renegotiate that deal very soon.

The fix seems to be restructuring deal after deal pushing more money into the future, however those future years you may be paying Dak $50MM in a new deal instead of $40, and you still have those other bad contracts being a factor, and now you have to find money for guys like Diggs, Parsons, Lamb, etc.

The issues isnt Dak, its how do you pay Dak and build a top tier team around him, because he clearly is a good qb, but not a put the team on his back and lead the way type of elite QB.

Looking just at the games from last week....Mahomes did an ultra team friendly deal, Burrow is on a rookie deal, Jimmy G is a fraction of Daks deal, and Stafford is only at a $20MM cap hit this year (plus he has a team that is willing to completely mortgage the future to make it work).

Dak isnt the only issue, but there is no denying that he took every last dime he could from Jerry, and got exactly what he wanted in a new contract.