Dear Dak Haters

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
Ask 2nd year QB Burrows about getting sacked 30 plus times but will play this SB. I’m not a Dak hater I’ve seen him play great till he comes up against good teams on a consistent bases. Dak is our man for 3 more years. He cant function at a high level with a porous oline,few can

GINeric

Reaction score
Joe burrow was sacked nine times against the Tennessee Titans .Burrow completed 28 of 37 passes for 348 yards. The bengals have a bad O-Line. Most quarterbacks don't play well when they are getting hammered by the defense some are on another level.

Here you go

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...-being-better-than-aaron-rodgers-01eedgcm01wy

Thanks!! I appreciate the link. Thats actually the first time I've ever heard that mentioned. But I think they were saying that Dak was playing better than Rodgers "at that time". Dak has played better than Rodgers at times, but that doesn't mean Dak is a better QB than Rodgers.

Again... nobody in their right mind thinks Dak is better than Rodgers.

GINeric

Reaction score
Bro....literally you in the " Any chance dallas trades Dak for Rodgers?" thread you said you would take Dak over Rodgers. I get there may be more to the context of your post, but you cant honestly have the opinion of "I've never heard anybody say Dak was as good as Rodgers" then dog on Rodgers and say you wouldnt trade Dak for him in another thread.

"So trade for a qb who chokes in the playoffs??? LOL!!! Im so glad you don't evaluate talent for the Cowboys. I wouldn't. This game is played to win championships, not just being able to boast about making it to the playoffs. Im pretty sure nobody was trying to replace Rodgers after his first 5 years either. Thats why its so comical people want Dak gone after just 5 and a half years of actual game play.

THIS year, Dak has to really prove himself. Hopefully, the team helps him out by NOT leading the league in penalties."

You've never seen me say Dak is better than Rodgers, so let's kill that BS right there. Yes I said I wouldn't trade Dak for Rodgers, because Rodgers chokes in the playoffs. The stats are there. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Rodgers is a very good quarterback, but why would I want to trade a good younger quarterback like Dak for an older quarterback like Rodgers who's already reached his ceiling??? Dak still has room to grow. Rodgers is older, stuck in his ways, and has shown he's a choke artist in important playoff games. I stand by what I said.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've never seen me say Dak is better than Rodgers, so let's kill that BS right there. Yes I said I wouldn't trade Dak for Rodgers, because Rodgers chokes in the playoffs. The stats are there. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Rodgers is a very good quarterback, but why would I want to trade a good younger quarterback like Dak for an older quarterback like Rodgers who's already reached his ceiling??? Dak still has room to grow. Rodgers is older, stuck in his ways, and has shown he's a choke artist in important playoff games. I stand by what I said.

Has dak "choked in important games"? I don;t want to accuse you of something you never said just checking for clarity.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It’s the difference between the Goff Rams last year and the Stafford Rams this year. The difference between the Winston Bucs and the Brady Bucs. Tebow Broncos and Manning Broncos. When Alex Smith joined the Teamers. When the Ravens moved from Flacco to Lamar Jackson. When the Pats chose Mac Jones over another year of Cam Newton.

It’s a team sport, yes, but the QB’s influence is dramatic.

Bingo Mr. Eagles

GINeric

Reaction score
Has dak "choked in important games"? I don;t want to accuse you of something you never said just checking for clarity.

Every quarterback has choked in important games, so Dak is included in that. Dak has also won us important games as well. With that said, I'd rather have a young quarterback who's still learning and growing than a older quarterback who's already reached his ceiling.

Is that clear enough for you?

leeblair

Reaction score
I can't argue with this sort of analysis. :facepalm:

I just rewatched and analyzed the whole first half. Really just an unbelievable series of bad luck in that first half. I will have to type if out either in its own thread or where appropriate.
I don't think the Cowboys believed they could win vs San Francisco from the start.
I think the Arizona loss showed them who they were and it disheartened them.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
Good post. The Dak haters suffer from DDS. They are delusional

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Good post. The Dak haters suffer from DDS. They are delusional

Nobody denies that it's a team sport. But there are tiers and with each lower tier tells you that your team needs more and more talent. Players like Mahomes, and yes, even Rodgers can overcome such things.

Prescott is not that guy. He just isn't. You need a top 3 D to get to the Super bowl with him.

raven55

Reaction score
for all you people that are on the dak bandwagon quit i don't dislike his whole performance its just he can't help himself he forces throws and just take a gander at Kurt Warners evaluation of Daks performance that will give you better vision on what jerry saddled himself with the next 4 years and that don't include a lot of Nfc championships or even a smell at the super bowl. Instead excuses and the same old speech (I need to go back and clean things up) there's not enough hoover vaccums for that

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
for all you people that are on the dak bandwagon quit i don't dislike his whole performance its just he can't help himself he forces throws and just take a gander at Kurt Warners evaluation of Daks performance that will give you better vision on what jerry saddled himself with the next 4 years and that don't include a lot of Nfc championships or even a smell at the super bowl. Instead excuses and the same old speech (I need to go back and clean things up) there's not enough hoover vaccums for that

yup 26 years have proved we are a QB away form this..damn the luck!!!!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Ummm doesn’t Dak have 3 stud WRs, 2 capable RBs and other weapons? Stafford was still good with Lions. The Lions are a trash franchise. Your comparison really makes no sense. Are you saying we have to give Dak more so he doesn’t wet the bed in a playoff game?

Mahomes has been to 4 AFCCGs and 2 SBs. I don’t get it

The Rams have 2x the team we do. Cooper Kupp, OB, Aaron Donald, Jalen, etc etc. And they have 2x the coach in McVay. Mahomes is at home with the top two receivers in the league. Burrows has three receivers who are better than our three by a country mile. You ever see some of his throws that Chase comes down with?

Dak doesn’t have near the talent around him that Brady, Stafford, Burrows, and about 5 other teams had including the Titans, Packers, 49ers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

What a convoluted thought process you have. Dak Prescott is not Matt Stafford. Stafford's accomplishments have nothing to do with Prescott and do not justify the thought that Prescott can take the Cowboys to an SB.

However, I accept your premise that the team being good is more important than the QB. Football is the ultimate team sport and so even though we don't have a QB that can put this team on his back and take us to an SB, we can continue to build this defense and have them take us to an SB.

We've seen ample evidence to know Dak is not capable of taking this team to an SB on his back. Dak is not "The Guy". So stop killing your own message of football being the ultimate team sport by praising Dak. ;)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What a convoluted thought process you have. Dak Prescott is not Matt Stafford. Stafford's accomplishments have nothing to do with Prescott and do not justify the thought that Prescott can take the Cowboys to an SB.

However, I accept your premise that the team being good is more important than the QB. Football is the ultimate team sport and so even though we don't have a QB that can put this team on his back and take us to an SB, we can continue to build this defense and have them take us to an SB.

We've seen ample evidence to know Dak is not capable of taking this team to an SB on his back. Dak is not "The Guy". So stop killing your own message of football being the ultimate team sport by praising Dak. ;)

But cant we say that about every player on this team? again I'm with you, but were are the "What has (insert name here) done for us" even Martin, is he good yup, has he won...nope. I think thats why the Dak thing gets boring for me. Its the same thing over and over....we are a QB away and have been for 26 years...sorry it's far from reality to me. We are missing a piece and at this point it should be very obvious what that piece is to everyone.

Ken

Reaction score
Nobody denies that it's a team sport. But there are tiers and with each lower tier tells you that your team needs more and more talent. Players like Mahomes, and yes, even Rodgers can overcome such things.

Prescott is not that guy. He just isn't. You need a top 3 D to get to the Super bowl with him.
Rodgers had the #2 defense in the league when he won the super bowl.

Mahomes had the #7 defense when he won the Super Bowl.

Dak isn't allowed to have a top defense....not sure why. lol

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s the difference between the Goff Rams last year and the Stafford Rams this year. The difference between the Winston Bucs and the Brady Bucs. Tebow Broncos and Manning Broncos. When Alex Smith joined the Teamers. When the Ravens moved from Flacco to Lamar Jackson. When the Pats chose Mac Jones over another year of Cam Newton.

It’s a team sport, yes, but the QB’s influence is dramatic.

…….in this forum, all those truths you mentioned can only mean that you have a deep seeded, irrational, hatred of Rayne Dakota Prescotta!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But cant we say that about every player on this team? again I'm with you, but were are the "What has (insert name here) done for us" even Martin, is he good yup, has he won...nope. I think thats why the Dak thing gets boring for me. Its the same thing over and over....we are a QB away and have been for 26 years...sorry it's far from reality to me. We are missing a piece and at this point it should be very obvious what that piece is to everyone.
Then maybe I need to go into more detail about why Dak isn't the guy. He plays scared. KM has removed the RPO from the game plan to accommodate the way Dak plays now(resistant to running with the ball). He's not like other players on this team that hasn't won anything. Don't conflate other players not winning anything with the situation with Dak. It's not the same thing. Dak as QB can make a real difference, while players like Martin that do their job well can only make a limited difference as we've seen.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

NO QB can take a team to a SB on their back, that's ridiculous. Complete myth.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Then maybe I need to go into more detail about why Dak isn't the guy. He plays scared. KM has removed the RPO from the game plan to accommodate the way Dak plays now(resistant to running with the ball). He's not like other players on this team that hasn't won anything. Don't conflate other players not winning anything with the situation with Dak. It's not the same thing. Dak as QB can make a real difference, while players like Martin that do their job well can only make a limited difference as we've seen.

Ok but again what diference...same with Romo, the diference is night and day when they are not in....except when the chips are down the whole thing crumbles....If your going to lay the niners game on Dak then your going to have to show me all the QB's who win playoff games while the "Other players doing thier job" roll up 120+ yards penalties....Im not saying Dak is not part of the problem ..Im saying he is not the main problem, the main problem should be obvious after 26 years.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
EXCELLENT POST! People that compare a guy whose been in the league 16 vs a guy whose played 5 years (Dak was out for a season) are asinine for making such a comparison lol. Not wven worth the time replying to.

Ps. I'm a woman & never lied ---------> runs