Dear Dak Haters

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nobody denies that it's a team sport. But there are tiers and with each lower tier tells you that your team needs more and more talent. Players like Mahomes, and yes, even Rodgers can overcome such things.

Prescott is not that guy. He just isn't. You need a top 3 D to get to the Super bowl with him.
How about a team that doesn’t commit 14 penalties and 6 pre snap penalties in a home playoff game? Maybe even your highest paid defensive player and “star” running back showing up?

Dak is one of the bright spots in Dallas. So much more to complain about.

GINeric

Reaction score
EXCELLENT POST! People that compare a guy whose been in the league 16 vs a guy whose played 5 years (Dak was out for a season) are asinine for making such a comparison lol. Not wven worth the time replying to.

Ps. I'm a woman & never lied ---------> runs

Its absolutely hilarious how people compare Dak to quarterbacks who've been in the league much longer than he has. Some people are just dumb **.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
It is the QB. The Rams got rid of a QB that was about like Dak and they brought in a hired gun. Stafford is a better pure passer than Goff. Dallas would be wise to get rid of Dak like the Rams got rid of Goff. Except Goff would probably do better than Dak in Dallas.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How about a team that doesn’t commit 14 penalties and 6 pre snap penalties in a home playoff game? Maybe even your highest paid defensive player and “star” running back showing up?

Yeah, because that has happened in every single game of Dak's career....

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Eh, I think there is a difference in accuracy and completion percentage. Dak is really good at finding and throwing to receivers in space, or getting the ball in a general area. He even goes through spurts where he delivers dime after dime. When he isnt in that zone though he still throws catchable balls, but struggles at hitting guys on certain shoulders working inside/outside leverage, leading guys on the run, even throwing high/low he can be inconsistent.
Instead of throwing to open receivers downfield, he chooses to dump of to rb’s for 0 to little gain.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ok but again what diference...same with Romo, the diference is night and day when they are not in....except when the chips are down the whole thing crumbles....If your going to lay the niners game on Dak then your going to have to show me all the QB's who win playoff games while the "Other players doing thier job" roll up 120+ yards penalties....Im not saying Dak is not part of the problem ..Im saying he is not the main problem, the main problem should be obvious after 26 years.
I'm not laying the SF game on Dak. Romo wasn't good enough either. Leave TR out of this conversation. Dak is not "The Guy". Who is arguing Dak is the main problem? Not I.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:muttley:

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Stafford is a much better QB then Dak. The Ram's wouldn't be in the Super Bowl with Dak either. The reason Mahomes isn't there is because he got beat by a really good QB in his second year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, let's compare him to Mahomes and Burrow then.

Compare them how? I mean stats are useless if they dont show what you want and wins are a team thing unless they make your argument...again this year Burrows is better than Mahomes...and they are both better than Dak by pure who went farther in the playoffs..Stats over same years will show Dak is real close to Mahomes and Burrows throws to many int's ...so what are we comparing? Again I'm for getting another QB in here and fast, but until you change how this franchise is ran from the top down all I'll be doing is changing the name on who your are wishing would be replaced in 3-5 years.....If Mahomes was here you would be saying "Man lets get Josh Allen in here" and what you should be saying is "Man Jerry could ruin Josh Allen also"...those are facts.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The Rams have 2x the team we do. Cooper Kupp, OB, Aaron Donald, Jalen, etc etc. And they have 2x the coach in McVay. Mahomes is at home with the top two receivers in the league. Burrows has three receivers who are better than our three by a country mile. You ever see some of his throws that Chase comes down with?

Dak doesn’t have near the talent around him that Brady, Stafford, Burrows, and about 5 other teams had including the Titans, Packers, 49ers.

But my point was he does have plenty of talent including top WRs etc. BTW how are all 3 of Cindy’s WRs better than ours? Are they good? Yes. But I’ve seen Higgins balls and Chase, their one stud leads the league in them. If still take him
Any day of the week but Burrows got sacked 9 times and won. People like you think Dak needs a bubble and the perfect scenario or he can’t be judged. He has failed with plenty of talent. Many of our guys have.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Did they go 12-5 and host a playoff game? That’s a accomplishment these days. Whatever Dak sucks. It’s all Dak’s fault. Blah blah blah.

I mean, that's you saying it's all his fault. I never claimed it to be.

But if you want to continue arguing with yourself, so be it. Maybe do it in your private messages though. Weird to do it out in the open.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not laying the SF game on Dak. Romo wasn't good enough either. Leave TR out of this conversation. Dak is not "The Guy". Who is arguing Dak is the main problem? Not I.

Thats my point though how do you find "The Guy" in this franchise structure..its going to ruin anyone before they can be the guy...we dont know what Dak is, we do know he can not win in the "Jerry's way" Cowboys though. I'm saying I dont think any QB could. But we will all be looking for "The Guy" until the owner is no longer running this show.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Thats my point though how do you find "The Guy" in this franchise structure..its going to ruin anyone before they can be the guy...we dont know what Dak is, we do know he can not win in the "Jerry's way" Cowboys though. I'm saying I dont think any QB could. But we will all be looking for "The Guy" until the owner is no longer running this show.

Yes, we do.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:facepalm: You are so focused on making your point that you won't hear anyone else. We can't have a conversation when you won't listen.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yeah, let's compare him to Mahomes and Burrow then.

Let's see more body of work from Burrow. Mahomes is a special player who does things that nobody else has been able to do at the quarterback position. Thats another weak comparison to try and make.. Lets stick Dak into the Chiefs offense with Bienemy's playbook, Andy Reid running the team, Kelce and Tarik Hill and the rest of their offense and im sure Dak would look better than he does in Moore's offense.

Now let's compare Dak to the quarterbacks that were in his draft class. Better yet, why does Dak (a 4th rounder) have better stats then alot of first and second round draft pick quarterbacks???

I'll wait...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Let's see more body of work from Burrow. Mahomes is a special player who does things that nobody else has been able to do at the quarterback position. Thats another weak comparison to try and make.. Lets stick Dak into the Chiefs offense with Bienemy's playbook, Andy Reid running the team, Kelce and Tarik Hill and the rest of their offense and im sure Dak would look better than he does in Moore's offense.

Now let's compare Dak to the quarterbacks that were in his draft class. Better yet, why does Dak (a 4th rounder) have better stats then alot of first and second round draft pick quarterbacks???

I'll wait...

LOL "Mahomes is an elite QB that's why he won a Super Bowl"

Kinda the point here. And Reid had a Dak-like QB before and couldn't win a Super Bowl. His name was Alex Smith.

GINeric

Reaction score
LOL "Mahomes is an elite QB that's why he won a Super Bowl"

Kinda the point here.

Of course!! Mahomes is definitely elite, but not because of winning the Superbowl, but because of his skill set. There are alot of quarterbacks who won the Superbowl and they weren't elite.

There are quarterbacks who were elite but never won a Superbowl. Being a quarterback who wins a Superbowl doesn't make them elite. Now if a quarterback wins multiple Superbowls, 9 times out of 10, he's probably elite.

Dak isn't elite, but he could become elite.