Dear Dak Haters

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Stafford made two very clutch throws. I’m both payoff games to win his team games. Dan couldn’t do the same with the 49ers two best defenders out.

3rd and 5 mid field he’s targeting zeke in the flat. I mean cmon. Dak played scared. He needs to be better. Is there time? Absolutely…. But we shouldn’t have to be happy with just getting to the conference championship. I want a SB.

Coaching is a huge problem as well

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Common sense tells me that you cant pay an average/bus driver QB elite money and expect different results.

That’s the biggest mistake we made. Dak would be fine if we paid him commensurate to his skill set. $20M/year MAX, preferably $15M. That way we could surround him with more talent (offensive line, specifically) so he can perform better and also shore up our defense.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.
Dak needs more help than most.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have argued for years on this forum and elsewhere that football is the ultimate team game.

Time and Time again, "internet experts" keep telling me "it's the QB... it's the QB"

"iTz aLl aBoUt tHe Qb."

Blitzen

Reaction score

Can you "eXpErTs" explain to me how this can be true when the exact same QB in Matt Stafford that "couldn't win a playoff game" is now in the Super Bowl? Could it be that his TEAM is in the Super Bowl and he didn't have that level of TEAM when in Detroit?

How are Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes sitting at home? Could it be that their TEAMS didn't play well enough to win?

Dak is more than capable of going to and winning the super bowl. But HE and the TEAM have to put it all together.

I love this logic. This is why this board is so entertaining. Some of the greatest QB's in the game today did not get their teams to the Super Bowl, so the argument that an elite QB cannot always get a team to the Super Bowl.

Which poster has ever argued that an elite QB gets to the Super Bowl and wins it every single year? It's just more straw man stuff. The argument gets way too close to comparing Dak to some of the best QB's in the league. He is not very close to those QB's. He is not the only problem the Cowboys have in advancing and winning the Super Bowl.

Getting an elite QB improves the team's probability in getting to and winning SB's dramatically and more than any position in football. I had another thread that went back 30 years, and it shows the enormous majority of SB starting QB's are drafted in round 1 or 2. I don't mind listening to someone argue that you do need some other great parts of a team to get to the SB (that is obvious). You and others just get emotional about Cowboys' fans not respecting Dak as much as you would like.

He did not play very well in multiple games this season, and it seemed the better defenses were able to stymie him and the Cowboys' offense better as the season went on. He played very poorly in many of the games against higher tier defense. If the Cowboys have any chance at all in his future years to advance far in the postseason, he will have to perform far better against those types of defenses. And yes, the team overall will need to perform better too.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Jerry knew he overpaid for dak but he felt he was stuck and had no choice. it was the Jones' fault they they didnt have a legitimate backup plan(qb) so they wouldnt have to overpay dak. i actually think Dak is a quality qb and an even higher quality person but he's limted with arm talent and athleticism. i believe he tries really hard given his limited ability. good leader and a gamer but he needs the defense to be beasts and oline to give 2016 cowboys amount of time to be deadly throwing CONSISTENTLY. its all about playoffs and there is really no way around that.

Trajan

Reaction score
That’s the biggest mistake we made. Dak would be fine if we paid him commensurate to his skill set. $20M/year MAX, preferably $15M. That way we could surround him with more talent (offensive line, specifically) so he can perform better and also shore up our defense.

This 100%. I don't hate Dak, don't know him at all. I just think if this a "team" game and Dak is just another piece then he should not take the largest piece of the pie. If Dak was paid less, so the pieces around him could be improved and the whole team wins, it seems like a better long term option then giving him a level of $$$ that will reduce the talent around him building a worse product. I also don't really understand the logic that Dak never produced so let's pay him more then any other QB out there, some weird Jerry logic there that paying Dak crazy $ will make him play better. If Dak took us to a SuperBowl, I'd be down for opening the wallet wide. Dak hasn't provided a bunch of playoff wins, so not really sure why he was paid like someone who has.....other then the fact he is a QB and teams pay crazy $ for them.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

Ok, so tell me just what has DAK PRESCOT won his entire football career....college - nothing....NFL nothing...dude cant win big games...say all you want about Rodgers and Mahomes...but those jokers have rings to show and are 2 of the Best of the Best playing the NFL...... DAK Prescott...has not and shown he cant win squat....dude doesn't deserve to be in the same category as Rodgers or Manhomes

75boyz

Reaction score
I love this logic. This is why this board is so entertaining. Some of the greatest QB's in the game today did not get their teams to the Super Bowl, so the argument that an elite QB cannot always get a team to the Super Bowl.

Which poster has ever argued that an elite QB gets to the Super Bowl and wins it every single year? It's just more straw man stuff. The argument gets way too close to comparing Dak to some of the best QB's in the league. He is not very close to those QB's. He is not the only problem the Cowboys have in advancing and winning the Super Bowl.

Getting an elite QB improves the team's probability in getting to and winning SB's dramatically and more than any position in football. I had another thread that went back 30 years, and it shows the enormous majority of SB starting QB's are drafted in round 1 or 2. I don't mind listening to someone argue that you do need some other great parts of a team to get to the SB (that is obvious). You and others just get emotional about Cowboys' fans not respecting Dak as much as you would like.

He did not play very well in multiple games this season, and it seemed the better defenses were able to stymie him and the Cowboys' offense better as the season went on. He played very poorly in many of the games against higher tier defense. If the Cowboys have any chance at all in his future years to advance far in the postseason, he will have to perform far better against those types of defenses. And yes, the team overall will need to perform better too.

Truth hurts.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
It’s the difference between the Goff Rams last year and the Stafford Rams this year. The difference between the Winston Bucs and the Brady Bucs. Tebow Broncos and Manning Broncos. When Alex Smith joined the Teamers. When the Ravens moved from Flacco to Lamar Jackson. When the Pats chose Mac Jones over another year of Cam Newton.

It’s a team sport, yes, but the QB’s influence is dramatic.

Yes sir,,, its the QB that drives the bus....a game manager.....DAK has been doing it for 6yrs now....and is stuck in the slow lane...and cant manage big games.... Watch his film at Mississippi State..Watch his film as the Cowboys QB....he is the same person a...decent bus driver but nothing special...just another QB trying to make a living at playing football

bigE79

Reaction score
Yes sir,,, its the QB that drives the bus....a game manager.....DAK has been doing it for 6yrs now....and is stuck in the slow lane...and cant manage big games.... Watch his film at Mississippi State..Watch his film as the Cowboys QB....he is the same person a...decent bus driver but nothing special...just another QB trying to make a living at playing football
And that's all he'll ever be..the dude never actually had to beat someone out to win the job,at all 3 levels,hs, college and pro..he got every job by injury.. pretty telling, isn't it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ahhh..the fresh smell of low expectations. Don’t worry. Homers who want you to be satisfied with failure right now will be upset at you in a few months if you don’t think the team has a shot at a title.