Twitter: Deep OT class

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is another one and is right up the Cowboys alley. Could play any position on the line and play it well.

I think he will be out of range. However if he goes in the mid teens and he is your guy you go get him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think the question is ..........are we leaving Tyler inside and drafting another OT or sticking with the plan for him to move outside and draft OG? Also, Tyron is playing lights out but he's a free agent. Are you resigning him, knowing he's going to miss X number of games?

I'm not we have answers to any of those questions yet but there's no way in hell I'm NOT coming out this w/o a future starting Olineman.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think the question is ..........are we leaving Tyler inside and drafting another OT or sticking with the plan for him to move outside and draft OG? Also, Tyron is playing lights out but he's a free agent. Are you resigning him, knowing he's going to miss X number of games?

I'm not we have answers to any of those questions yet but there's no way in hell I'm NOT coming out this w/o a future starting Olineman.
IMO I don’t think you’re going to find a high level LT where we will be drafting in round 1. They seem to be high on Richards, where does he play ? I think OL is looking like a great option in round 1.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
IMO I don’t think you’re going to find a high level LT where we will be drafting in round 1. They seem to be high on Richards, where does he play ? I think OL is looking like a great option in round 1.
The real question they have to decide is how high to draft Oline while deciding what to do with Tyler and Tyron. I mean are you burning a 1st on LT if you resign Tyron? My guess is they will look for a flex guy who can play at least OT or OG.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The real question they have to decide is how high to draft Oline while deciding what to do with Tyler and Tyron. I mean are you burning a 1st on LT if you resign Tyron? My guess is they will look for a flex guy who can play at least OT or OG.
If they were considering Bergeron last year, they almost certainly will be looking at OL. It’s a year where need matches some of the best talent in the draft.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I would resign Tyron and let Biadasz walk. Draft a tackle in the first (because he's going to start games for you as a rookie, possibly at multiple positions with the age and health of this line), center in the second, slot corner in the third. Running backs and linebackers are cheap enough to address in free agency, or you could trade one of the incoming comp picks for a cheap vet.

Those are pretty much all the holes going into next year, unless they dump Gallup. They also have like $25 million in "guaranteed" restructures next year, so the cap isn't as tight as it looks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't know this. Maybe this is why they are adamant on keeping Tyler at guard. They know their future left tackle will be there in round 1 next year.....

Beaker42

Reaction score
Looks like a good year to perhaps find a starting OT in the 20s.

What OT do we need to replace? If you say Tyron then we already have Asim Richards who appears to be the steal of the draft. Any OT would have to be really good to warrant taking over DT, CB and RB.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I would resign Tyron and let Biadasz walk. Draft a tackle in the first (because he's going to start games for you as a rookie, possibly at multiple positions with the age and health of this line), center in the second, slot corner in the third. Running backs and linebackers are cheap enough to address in free agency, or you could trade one of the incoming comp picks for a cheap vet.

Those are pretty much all the holes going into next year, unless they dump Gallup. They also have like $25 million in "guaranteed" restructures next year, so the cap isn't as tight as it looks.
I think Bass could make a heckuva center.

reddyuta

Reaction score
what a coincidence that we need a new Tackle,our hit rate in First RD OL is ridiculous and LT should be our first target.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tallies Fuaga from Oregon State
Kingsley Suamataia BYU

Homer Pick
Zach Frazier WVU played at C but could also play OG

Malhavoc

Reaction score
What OT do we need to replace? If you say Tyron then we already have Asim Richards who appears to be the steal of the draft. Any OT would have to be really good to warrant taking over DT, CB and RB.
Richards certainly looked comfortable in the pre-season. Would be great if he‘s the answer. Tyron when healthy is still 1 of the best in the game. We’ll see.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like the look and versatility of Graham Barton... has played both C and LT. Playing for Duke, I did wonder about the level of competion. However, Duke had a pretty tough schedule this year with several big-time opponents.

The OL I would really like to see the Cowboys draft is Van Pran, C for Georgia. He's a road grader in the run game and can play all three interior OL positions.