Twitter: Deep OT class

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Possibly.

Like I said a guy like Fashanu and Alt are likely pipe dreams but coming out of this draft with a high level OT would be ideal for me. That allows one to leave Tyler at LG where he can be dominant and we also then don't have to play the fingers crossed game with Tyron every single week.
Yea I agree that OT should be a priority - I don't even mind trading up for one - I just don't think it'll be Alt or Fashanu and after them, it's kind of a coin toss as to which guys go, at this point.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
TBH i don't want him back - he is always playing banged up and is the weakest person on our o-line. I think upgrading the C position will change our whole dynamic of the o-line...that is if they can keep developing richards and keep tyron on a 1 year deal for 1 more season
Lol Tyrons played better then any olineman we have this year

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good news for us. Tyron ain’t getting younger and Steele is the weakest link on offense.

We HAVE to draft an OT.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
If they don't bring back Biadasz, you almost have to reach for a C. You can't bank on Van Praan being there in the third. Maybe if VP/Zinter/Beebe are all there in the second round you can punt the pick, but I wouldn't wait on it.
If the board is wiped in the late first, you could potentially trade back into the second, pick up a fourth rounder and grab a guy like Zach Frazier.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If the board is wiped in the late first, you could potentially trade back into the second, pick up a fourth rounder and grab a guy like Zach Frazier.
You could.

But if the board is wiped, nobody is going to want to trade up. I don't think there are many late-first targets for a move like that. Personally, in this OL draft, I'd rather reach for a player than risk missing out.

Sydla

Reaction score
What's the deal with the Mims kid at UGA? I saw a CBS Mock today that has us taking Turner, the DE from Alabam at 30, but Mims was taken right after us. I like Turner, but if Mims has elite potential at OT, I think I'd take him before an edge player.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
What's the deal with the Mims kid at UGA? I saw a CBS Mock today that has us taking Turner, the DE from Alabam at 30, but Mims was taken right after us. I like Turner, but if Mims has elite potential at OT, I think I'd take him before an edge player.
I don’t know that Mims drops to us. Hasn’t played a lot but when he has he certainly looks the part. This isn’t a really good Edge class so Turner I think comes off the board in the top 20 picks.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t like Turner in the 1st…we have a speed rusher in Parsons. Just my preference but I’d prefer a do it all DE.

Need to check out Mims but haven’t heard much about him.

Have you watched Verse at all from FSU?

J-man

Reaction score
I think the question is ..........are we leaving Tyler inside and drafting another OT or sticking with the plan for him to move outside and draft OG? Also, Tyron is playing lights out but he's a free agent. Are you resigning him, knowing he's going to miss X number of games?

I'm not we have answers to any of those questions yet but there's no way in hell I'm NOT coming out this w/o a future starting Olineman.
100% agree
I personally don't think they are going to move Tyler anymore but I obviously don't know that for a fact. Tyron. Steele, Tyler and Richards are all in the mix for those 2 spots, but I'm with you, I'm not leaving this draft without at least one future starting OLmen being picked, and very early.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think the question is ..........are we leaving Tyler inside and drafting another OT or sticking with the plan for him to move outside and draft OG? Also, Tyron is playing lights out but he's a free agent. Are you resigning him, knowing he's going to miss X number of games?

I'm not we have answers to any of those questions yet but there's no way in hell I'm NOT coming out this w/o a future starting Olineman.
I think the plan for Tyler Smith has changed id focus on lt and sign Tyron to similar contract to this year

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'll take 2 please. This might be the year to grab 2 offensive tackles. Waletsgo aint it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think regardless of if the team thinks Richards could be the Tackle of the future or he's in the draft, I would bring back Smith for one more year.
He doesn't strike me as a guy who would bend the team over backwards for one more contract, and it's a fail safe in case Richards/draftee needs more time.
Odds are the young guy will get playing time at some point in 24
I like him and think someday soon he will either be the swing or start. Hes a big strong athletic kid.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watch the Michigan Center, you know, Dallas love scouting Michigan.
I think we luv the center we have. But I think its time to find another OT/OG hybrid. We need a generational guy.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As good as Tyron has been this season, im still hunting OT in the first round.