Defense after 4 Games

Each game it seemed they improved a little bit in different areas.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half was much better. Run defense seems it improved overall this year. With the exception of the QB's running all over us. But they did kept Stroud in check a little better.

Pass defense still an issue. Still too many wide open receivers. Too many long plays downfield. And yesterday, there was too many near misses as well. Even though a few may have been caused by some finally much needed pressure. But I can't say that for sure.
Maybe someone with All 22 Access can take a look.

Still giving up too many points though.
TB & GB could help in not giving up that many points as both teams have not looked all that great. But you never know. And I still do not trust this defense yet.

But I feel some very slight encouragement. As I said, each week something has improved a little. And getting JPJ and getting some injured players back will only help.
Still not good enough that's the shortest answer I can give you and people who know me here say that's pretty short...

They have a long way to go to even get to average.. 
 
Each game it seemed they improved a little bit in different areas.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half was much better. Run defense seems it improved overall this year. With the exception of the QB's running all over us. But they did kept Stroud in check a little better.

Pass defense still an issue. Still too many wide open receivers. Too many long plays downfield. And yesterday, there was too many near misses as well. Even though a few may have been caused by some finally much needed pressure. But I can't say that for sure.
Maybe someone with All 22 Access can take a look.

Still giving up too many points though.
TB & GB could help in not giving up that many points as both teams have not looked all that great. But you never know. And I still do not trust this defense yet.

But I feel some very slight encouragement. As I said, each week something has improved a little. And getting JPJ and getting some injured players back will only help.
Did Revel play yesterday I didn't see him out there 28 it's hard to see with all the numbers looking very similar from the outfit way they run and the angles we see but we need help that they just not activate him or not use him because of his injury.

Maybe they need to bring up some of those corners they just brought in that they put on the practice squad or whatnot and maybe 28 needs more I don't know if he's better than Bland but Bland was horrible that's what JPJ did yesterday They looked over and said Nah we're gonna go after 26 all day and then every once in awhile 27 got beat and I believe that the Stewart I like the way Stewart plays I think his name is ready Stewart whatever his name is he's plays physical he's got a lot of energy but he's also getting beat He's plays physical he's got a lot of, but he's also getting beat and people


And by the way and embrace all of this history I just want to add in I like Downs at number 13 but he's still making rookie mistakes out there he's picking the wrong help read. CP needs to help 13, What I mean is he's making the wrong read if he's supposed to go and cover someone in the flat in case the quarterback takes off versus is he supposed to fade and he's supposed to double down They were talking about that on the broadcast and nobody knows what was his actual responsibility did he make the wrong choice on that read by looking it looked like CJ broke containment so he took a couple steps that way and then that was an easy touchdown they blamed on the corner...

It's a work in progress and really they're bipolar they get better in one area the next week than they were the week before but then they have a new problem pop up and they have to get this fixed..

They can use some fresh legs so whoever they're bringing back that have been out the last couple of weeks or the people they brought in the last couple of weeks Somebody's gotta play better right now they picked on Bland almost all day and it was just hard to watch..
 
Each game it seemed they improved a little bit in different areas.

Yesterday, in the 2nd half was much better. Run defense seems it improved overall this year. With the exception of the QB's running all over us. But they did kept Stroud in check a little better.

Pass defense still an issue. Still too many wide open receivers. Too many long plays downfield. And yesterday, there was too many near misses as well. Even though a few may have been caused by some finally much needed pressure. But I can't say that for sure.
Maybe someone with All 22 Access can take a look.

Still giving up too many points though.
TB & GB could help in not giving up that many points as both teams have not looked all that great. But you never know. And I still do not trust this defense yet.

But I feel some very slight encouragement. As I said, each week something has improved a little. And getting JPJ and getting some injured players back will only help.
bottom line is 30 points to an offense that is not all that
tiny steps that would take us years to be a championship defense at this rate
 
They need to do a lot better still. There's no reason for why they nearly should have allowed the Texans to get a game winning TD on a hail mary pass. After they allowed the Ravens to complete a huge pass in 7 seconds to set up their game winning field goal last week. Cowboys fans shouldn't have to be nervous in wondering whether or not this defense can hold up in the last seconds of close games when the opposing offense's only chance to win the game is to make one big pass play.

 
I have said a 1000 times Bland has no business playing outside. Speed guys eat him alive.....
Per PFF after 4 games

Devon Whitherspoon
Passer rating allowed (85.7, 41st)
Receptions allowed (21, 99th)

DaRon Bland after 4 games
Passer rating allowed (133.8, 90th)
Receptions allowed (13, 77th)

Outside of the 1 big gain Bland gave up yesterday where he bit inside and let Noel? get downfield, he contested every catch. Within inches of being there. And the TD he gave up was more on Downs than him.

The secondary is in shambles right now. Downs spent all of preseason being a nickel back and is now back to playing a true safety. Thompson and Locke are out.

Durrant is out and that could be a blessing. Probably what facilitated the Porter signing.

Reval is still dinged up and I think was forced into playing due to the complete ineptness of Reddy Steward.

Hooker is no great shakes. Bell, Speed and Clark still getting snaps.

Its a mess. But if you want to blame Bland, go for it.

It'll be interesting to see whos out there and where they line up over the next couple weeks.

If Reval gets healthy and Porter up to speed. I can see them moving Bland to the slot and Reval coming in for nickel and dime.

Hopefully Thomas takes snaps away from Bell.
 
No INTs after 4 games (and not even close to getting any) and only a few forced fumbles...not good
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,137
Messages
14,669,407
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top