Defense: Coverage Solution

Dre11

Reaction score
and yet...they didn't. So while it's your right to do so, why lament? Trust me, I was also trying to understand why you state they should have made that move yet didn't do so? You can't have everything. I wasn't in favor of Earl Thomas for a variety of reasons, health, age and contractual demands along with his personality. I can see why some wanted him, but we didn't. Now, I hope you don't attack again, but if you do, I'll just agree with you that I should keep up... Hope your team.just keeps winning.

Lol...little salty, it's apparent you didn't want him, which is pie for the course to discredit what he could do here, his age and health isn't hindering him in Baltimore. I know he not here , but that doesn't mean he wouldn't help this secondary tremendously.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zone coverage - put your better cover guy in position to make a play on the strong side. It's the same coverage that got Woods his pick against Philly.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I mean I can't explain it any clearer, maybe this will help. Secret, I coach Wrs and Dbs, we use cover 1 a lot

In the single-high (cover 1), the free safety plays zone coverage, guarding the deep half all to himself. He is responsible for any receiver that enters the zone. He must make a play on the ball as it enters the zone. The GIF below demonstrates his assignment.

Teams are attacking our Cover 1 with 2 or more vertical routes.

Heath can only help with one of them.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zone coverage - put your better cover guy in position to make a play on the strong side. It's the same coverage that got Woods his pick against Philly.

Chris Simms did an excellent break down on our defense.

We basically run cover 1 or 3 and man or zone.

Its a mix of 4-3-4 and 4-2-5.

We go 3-2-5 on 3rd and long, with JSmith blitzing around the C gap.

It was nice to see some corner blitzes in the Philly game. And JSmith and Lee were doing some Mike blitzes.

Other than that, we really do run a very simple, basic defense.

Bend But Dont Break.