Defense in Dire Need and Dal picks WR

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Im perfectly fine with how things have played out, but that comment is absurd. As bad as this defense was a year ago, I would hate to know what would have been without Byron Jones.
Playing in a much more aggressive scheme will do wonders alone for the defense.

Aside from Chris Jones, how great is the Chiefs defense? They took 2 of our former starting LBs, plugged in an aggressive blitzing scheme and won a super bowl because the offense was unstoppable.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We lost to and were EMBARRASSED by theJets, NE, and Bills because of Def. Adding a WR that will take three seasons to develop will do nothing for this team to move forward.

Do you think a WR would have made a difference against LA in the playoffs in 2018?

Grade D so far.
Absolutely having Lamb would have helped win those games. Lamb can start day 1 and when you add Cooper and Gallup that means teams will not be able to stack the box against Zeke.

Dallas was going to draft Chaisson by the way but when Lamb made it to 17 you take him. He is a top 5-8 talent overall in this draft. Can't believe people are upset at drafting Lamb, it's one of the biggest steals so far.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
A 3rd receiver in the modern NFL, especially MM's offense is a starter. Before Lamb was drafted that guy was Cedrick Wilson, who has caught like two passes in the NFL.

This guy has Irvin/Dez potential, you really want to skip that for the 4th best corner or a project pass rusher? And, I really like Chaisson.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The three best corners were picked, Chaisson is not a sure thing, and none of the safeties were even picked. Lamb was a gift. Reminds me of when Dez fell.

Exactly. I love the pick. This offense is now deadly. There are plenty of great picks to be made, but obviously they are now pretty much obligated to go defense at both 51 and 82.

I think they’ll go either Curtis Weaver (DE) or Trevon Diggs (CB) at 51 and a player like Jeremy China (S) or Leki Fotu (DT) at 81.

Then the surest fire thing right now is “Captain” Morgan in the 4th. Not a secret that they absolutely love that kid.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We lost to and were EMBARRASSED by theJets, NE, and Bills because of Def. Adding a WR that will take three seasons to develop will do nothing for this team to move forward.

Do you think a WR would have made a difference against LA in the playoffs in 2018?

Grade D so far.
How many points did the offense score in those games?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
BTW, who would you have picked?
Most likely one of those players that didn't get drafted in the first round like Xavier McKinney even though we can still draft him in the second. Those guys complaining much rather reach on a player instead of taking a blue chip top 10 player. They complain about everything so doesn't matter who the pick was we would hear the whining and complaining.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Historically how effective are WR from jump? 10-20%. They are the worst in transitioning talent.

Look for teams to stop 21 and your prescious Lamb won't amount to shhhhh.
The only way to stop 21 is to stack the box. You do that and Dak will tear you a new ******* like he did last year coming within 1 yard of setting the all time Cowboy passing record. Now with Lamb, Jarwin and Zeke with a full off-season...can’t wait to see them put you haters away for good.

GMO415

Reaction score
He’s a good player and I’ve been saying for awhile that he reminds me of Hopkins and I’ve seen a lot of others recently making that comparison.

1 thing about him does bother me though.. He’s not that great of an athlete and he plays in a conference that has never heard of defense on the best team in that conference.

He or Chaisson had to be the pick but I just hope we don’t get this guy and he gets out athleted in the Pro’s.

34 inch vert..

4.51 40..
Big 12 WR.....T Will. Yawn

Flamma

Reaction score
There were no defensive players available near the value of Lamb.

Cowboys had Lamb as #6 on their board. Stick witn your board.

Yeah, too good to pass up. There's also Philly to consider. Do the Cowboys want him on that team?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Horrible pick. We just lost our best CB/ Safety and we go for glamour?

Your thoughts
Glamour? You think this is a glamour pick?

A legit top 10 player and #6 on the Cowboys draft board drops into their lap at 17 and you think it was a glamour pick?

Holy moly.

You seriously expected the Cowboys to pass on a player like that and take someone LOWER on their draft board?

Ken

Reaction score

Your thoughts
You cannot pass up this kind of player and this kind of value.

We will just have to outscore teams and theoretically we can do that now.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
When Henderson came off the board. It left a large group of DB’s that are all pretty much ranked equally. Most of whom probably have a second round grade on most boards. ALL of the safeties are still available. Which tells you all of them have second round grade. Chaisson was the only other pick Dallas would have been smart to go with. But he’s no where nearly as highly ranked as Lamb.
While there will be some good receivers available in the second had Dallas gone defense. None will be even as close to the talent of Lamb. Yet Dallas will now be able to find a defensive player tomorrow that will be nearly as, if not just as talented as any defensive player (other than maybe Chaisson)they would have picked at 17.

TLDR.
The Lamb pick was a no brainer. Except for someone with no (football)brain........

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Playing in a much more aggressive scheme will do wonders alone for the defense.

Aside from Chris Jones, how great is the Chiefs defense? They took 2 of our former starting LBs, plugged in an aggressive blitzing scheme and won a super bowl because the offense was unstoppable.
I agree the scheme held this team back quite a bit, and think this defense can take a step forward without Byron. Regardless of the scheme though your better off with Byron Jones on your team than without him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Your thoughts

I didn't want a WR, but I look at what got picked after us, and didn't see anything I wanted either. I'm happy we went BPA, though I want to hear what the 3 trade offers were.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
They really did pick BPA. I can’t kill them, as much as I’d like too.

was K’lavon Chaisson gonna make this defense SIGNIFICANTLY better as a rookie in 2020?

hell, might as well see if Lamb can help put them in the end zone 5 times per game, they are gonna need it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It was BPA.

they couldn’t pass on him.

we have tomorrow for the other picks though.

we are a stronger team with him.
I think we are 3-5 pts a game better with him.

We have to face reality.

Our strength is clearly offense.

Our defense is never going to be the 1985 Bears.

Our defense just needs to slow them down and force some punts for the offense to play ball control and TOP plus score.

Its who we are.