Defense in Dire Need and Dal picks WR

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I was hoping one of the quality corners would fall to us, but no such luck.

WR was a need, and we got a good one.

Still... We really need to improve the defense, especially the secondary.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Horrible pick. We just lost our best CB/ Safety and we go for glamour?

Your thoughts

Lamb was a terrific pick! He was clearly the best player on the board at number 17 and he fell in our lap. You can’t pass up a great player that falls to you. We would have lived to regret it. Yes, we have defensive needs but we also have a big need in the slot with the departure of Cobb. With Witten gone we don’t have a consistent TE who can move the chains. Lamb is a tremendous playmaker who’s quick and shifty. He could help make our offense lethal. It would have been stupid to force a pick at CB or safety with what many had ranked as the best receiver in the draft sitting there. This is the most excited I’ve been about a Cowboys first round pick in a long time. Mark my words barring injury Lamb will be great!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't get the hand wringing. It's not like we're not going to draft defense. And Dallas probably would have drafted a WR anyway. So instead of D first and WR later, they switched because Lamb fell to us. Makes sense to me.
All the top safeties are still out there. Would love to pick one of them up.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
The three best corners were picked, Chaisson is not a sure thing, and none of the safeties were even picked. Lamb was a gift. Reminds me of when Dez fell.

Exactly! All this crying about CeeDee at 17 is ridiculous. When a Blue Chip player falls in your lap at 17, you pull the trigger, Every single time. Every Cowboys fan in the world wanted a Defensive player, but The Cowboys made the right choice. Still plenty of time left in this draft to find quality players on the other side of the ball. Relax Folks. It's going to be ok. We are gonna make it out of this and who knows, the sun might even rise in the morning.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He’s a good player and I’ve been saying for awhile that he reminds me of Hopkins and I’ve seen a lot of others recently making that comparison.

1 thing about him does bother me though.. He’s not that great of an athlete and he plays in a conference that has never heard of defense on the best team in that conference.

He or Chaisson had to be the pick but I just hope we don’t get this guy and he gets out athleted in the Pro’s.

34 inch vert..

4.51 40..
Good comparison is Hopkins. He is so smooth. I just can’t wait to he eats up a third corner or safety.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I wanted defense but not mad at all for them picking lamb. Adding to a strength never hurts. Thought for sure atl was going to take lamb.

dallas72

Reaction score

Your thoughts
We also lost Cobb so have 0 slot WRs were also paying Amari 20 mil a year w this pick we can cut Amari in years w 0 penalty .. if u saw all the top CBs were taken before we drafted .. learn football

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Your thoughts

The pick had default all over it as CD was the best WR in the draft pool and could turn out to be a HOF player.
We have the horses now in the passing game.
The question will be if their Jockey can take advantage of their talent level?

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb > than anyone else left on the board. Not to mention, he is a game one starter for any team....you don’t pass that up :thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score
All the top safeties are still out there. Would love to pick one of them up.

Our next 2-3 picks will probably be defense. Instead of our 1st 2-3 picks. It's looking good. Probably the biggest steal of the first round. The best part of the night for me was that I was also watching a live stream from an Eagles fan. He wanted CeeDee Lamb from the start. So I was hoping that some team would draft him just to watch the guy flip out. Little did I know I'd hit the lottery!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
This is such a dumb thread. I did not want to take a WR in the first round, but that was because I didn’t remotely expect Lamb or Juedy to be there. We did, however, have a need at receiver. We lost Cobb and didn’t have a proven player to replace him. Was WR our most glaring need? Probably not, but it was a need. If all you’re going to look at is the position you need most, you have zero reason to put a draft board together. If that’s the way you want to draft, you’ll never have a very talented team because you aren’t drafting the best talent. The pick was the correct one. End of story. We still have a lot of picks to go and most, if not all, will go to defensive players.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lamb was a luxury pick, DL, OL and DB were all bigger needs.

Need is largely irrelevant. You have to take players who can play. Reaching for need gets you nowhere and a swing and a miss.

Did you feel all warm and fuzzy after the Taco pick? How about now? That fuzzy feeling didn’t last, did it??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Our next 2-3 picks will probably be defense. Instead of our 1st 2-3 picks. It's looking good. Probably the biggest steal of the first round. The best part of the night for me was that I was also watching a live stream from an Eagles fan. He wanted CeeDee Lamb from the start. So I was hoping that some team would draft him just to watch the guy flip out. Little did I know I'd hit the lottery!
That must have been great..