Defensive Tackles

kskboys

Reaction score
Marinelli no longer gets a say in what they do at that position.

No more late round Joey Ivie's thinking you can "get by". I don't care what the old man has to say about it. We'll give you players and you coach them. But your "Rushmen" didn't do **** when it mattered, did they? No. They got run over.
Which is what generally happens in the playoffs.

This isn't the first time it's been tried. Both DEN and MINN have tried it in the past, and those light D's always got owned in the playoffs. It only works against weaker teams.

Wish someone would get Jerry the memo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As far as the postseason’s concerned, that’s ancient history...and so are the 2018 Cowboys.

So they stopped the best rushing attack in the league but couldn't stop CJ Anderson.....so that means they can't stop the run?

kskboys

Reaction score
Let’s not get crazy here after this loss. Big Antwan Woods 99 is the truth!! Kid is only a second year player and very stout in the middle. Changed this defense and set the tone in camp. He is a keeper at 1T. Get a dominant 3T and a SS and let’s play ball in 2019!
I get the feeling he wasn't the same after he had to go out for a play. Maybe he was playing hurt?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Malik Jackson got cut or is getting cut. He got enough gas left in the tank?
Probably more of what we have. 5T/under tackle.

Wouldnt be against it because he is a good player ( even if Jacksonville payed him too much). We need a guy that can push the LOS back with a Center of Sullivan's caliber across from him. Thats not gonna be what Jackson does

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let’s not get crazy here after this loss. Big Antwan Woods 99 is the truth!! Kid is only a second year player and very stout in the middle. Changed this defense and set the tone in camp. He is a keeper at 1T. Get a dominant 3T and a SS and let’s play ball in 2019!

Homework first. Type second. Before you claim Woods is a "second year player" know what you're talking about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You tell me. Which is more impressive stopping the best rushing attack in the league or giving up 200+ yards to CJ Anderson and a fatigued/hobbled Gurley?

So, no answer then? Got it.

GenoT

Reaction score
So they stopped the best rushing attack in the league but couldn't stop CJ Anderson.....so that means they can't stop the run?
You tell me if they can or can’t.

But they sure as shootin’ couldn’t stop the Rams tonight, could they?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, no answer then? Got it.

I asked you the question first. BecauseI don't know the answer. They shut down a predictable Seahawks run games and had less success in a less predictable run game. If CJ Anderson runs all over you I'm more willing to say that's a fluke. That's just me.

starcity214

Reaction score
Whoever is our DT has more wins since 2016 than Aaron Donald..

(Runs away)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I asked you the question first. BecauseI don't know the answer. They shut down a predictable Seahawks run games and had less success in a less predictable run game. If CJ Anderson runs all over you I'm more willing to say that's a fluke. That's just me.

So when they lose, it's a "fluke"? Got it.

Yeah, the problem then lies with you, not anything else. If I remember correctly, the "Hot Boyz" got demolished by the Colts offensive line too. If there's a "fluke" in there, it was the Seahawks game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods undrafted out of USC in 2016. My mistake 3rd year player. Point is. He’s a beast!! Not much homework needed to know that.

One mistake followed up by another. He didn't look like "a beast" tonight. And didn't getting demolished against the Colts either.

It's great that you're a Trojans fan, but don't be blinded either.