Defensive Tackles

lockster

Reaction score
I haven't reviewed the game, but it looked to me like woods did his job. Get one more big body, see if earl will play for cheap. Get our bigger safety 35 in there on games like this 35. Find a second running back, get competition at qb with qb that can actually got a barn door, switch 52 and 71 on off line. Get another wr somewhere.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Agree Imthink LVE if on that side of field runs Goff down

You guys are hilarious.

That was Heath’s responsibility. He bit hard on the play fake and was watching the RB run into the line before he realized Goff was running past him. He had outside contain.

I actually like Heath more than most but he blew it on that play. Give credit to the Rams. They killed us with their play-action; it causes total confusion. We haven’t faced an offense like that this year.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

That was Heath’s responsibility. He bit hard on the play fake and was watching the RB run into the line before he realized Goff was running past him. He had outside contain.

I actually like Heath more than most but he blew it on that play. Give credit to the Rams. They killed us with their play-action; it causes total confusion. We haven’t faced an offense like that this year.

Actually , both Heath and Crawford screwed the pooch on that..............................A QB bootleg is the responsibility of the defensive end ; Crawford started scraping down the line of scrimmage towards the fake/back , and that just added to the nauseatingly clueless position Heath put himself in............

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Actually , both Heath and Crawford screwed the pooch on that..............................A QB bootleg is the responsibility of the defensive end ; Crawford started scraping down the line of scrimmage towards the fake/back , and that just added to the nauseatingly clueless position Heath put himself in............

I’ll add that folks are trying to lay this at the feet of Sean Lee. Lee was in man coverage on Higbee. If he comes out of coverage to try to chase down Goff it’s an easy throw for the first down.

Give credit to the Rams. Their offensive scheme leads to a lot of confusion. I almost feel for our defense because you’re eventually going to take the bait and choose wrong. Clearly Crawford and Heath did.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I’ll add that folks are trying to lay this at the feet of Sean Lee. Lee was in man coverage on Higbee. If he comes out of coverage to try to chase down Goff it’s an easy throw for the first down.

Give credit to the Rams. Their offensive scheme leads to a lot of confusion. I almost feel for our defense because you’re eventually going to take the bait and choose wrong. Clearly Crawford and Heath did.

But then again , if Goff throws the ball , it's an easy pitch and catch because Lee had no idea what was going on because his back was to Goff............Doesn't matter ; the 2 players who were responsible for Goff looked like they were playing their 1st football game ever , never mind a playoff game..........

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone still believe we’re okay there?
Nope, run stopping begins with the hourglass, 2 DT, MLB, 2 S. A good run D stops the run up the middle first but most D's are more focused on stopping the pass and rushing the QB.

Give credit to Wade, he said his guys would stop the run and to forget the regular season stats. But he has the best DT in the game. And knew the Cowboys have an over-rated OL.

sbark

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

Im there on Heath also, but after watching Gurley and Anderson slam into the line all game he was thinking angle downfield to help....add in Goff hardly recognized as a run threat all year ( and looked like it). Doubt Rod or Kris had even mentioned it except in passing comment...…….

A.Donald and Suh came to play, we had nothing between the tackles. brings up the move of Lael back inside, get Fred back, Give C.Will some years at RT to gear up for LT .

Need to dominate inside on both sides of the ball...…..on interior D.Line

slick325

Reaction score
The Rams knew that the strength of the Dallas defense is it's speed and a weakness is size plus skill in the middle (DTs not LBs). They came in wanting to exploit that weakness and they did. I believe Dallas came in wanting to stop the Rams explosive plays and were willing to give up the up the gut plays assuming it would eventually be stopped. Unfortunately, they never stopped it because the players were getting whipped.

For all those blaming coaches about not adjusting, I am not putting it on them. There is no hiding a lack of talent at the DT position this late in the season. There were no new players they could add out of nowhere. They were stuck with what they had all season.

The guys who started at DT are good rotational pieces behind a Fletcher Cox/Aaron Donald type and a beast 1tech. Time to put some steak at the DT position instead of getting by.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The Rams knew that the strength of the Dallas defense is it's speed and a weakness is size plus skill in the middle (DTs not LBs). They came in wanting to exploit that weakness and they did. I believe Dallas came in wanting to stop the Rams explosive plays and were willing to give up the up the gut plays assuming it would eventually be stopped. Unfortunately, they never stopped it because the players were getting whipped.

For all those blaming coaches about not adjusting, I am not putting it on them. There is no hiding a lack of talent at the DT position this late in the season. There were no new players they could add out of nowhere. They were stuck with what they had all season.

The guys who started at DT are good rotational pieces behind a Fletcher Cox/Aaron Donald type and a beast 1tech. Time to put some steak at the DT position instead of getting by.

This is ALL on Marinelli.The only constant since he has been here is the lack of ANY talent at DT,we refuse to draft Dts early and have eschewed getting bigger DTs in FA.the upcoming draft is loaded at Dt but i wont be surprised if we dont draft any as long as Marinellli is here.

Verdict

Reaction score
Marinelli's defense is built to have a dominant 3T which they don't have.

It's built on having a 300# guy who runs like he's 240# but hits and stops like he's 350#. Good luck finding one of those. They come out about once every 10 to 25 years.

Meanwhile he keeps looking for that guy instead of finding a 335-350 space water that can get the job done ugly and collapse the pocket. You can get one of those in about every other draft. I like the odds better on the latter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's impossible to play defense when it's always 2nd and 2.

Apparently it’s impossible on 1st and 10 as well, because that’s the situation before giving up an 8 yard play to make it 2nd and 2.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S LEE was a problem today...they ran over him..ran byhim..Goff even ran around him....Where was LVE?..on the Goff run to seal the game ..LVE & Gregory & Lawrence on sidelines ***

I thought Lee looked better than LVE last night. LVE seemed to have problems with all the different looks the Rams were showing.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Let’s not get crazy here after this loss. Big Antwan Woods 99 is the truth!! Kid is only a second year player and very stout in the middle. Changed this defense and set the tone in camp. He is a keeper at 1T. Get a dominant 3T and a SS and let’s play ball in 2019!

A.Woods got rolled last night and against the Colts badly

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Homework first. Type second. Before you claim Woods is a "second year player" know what you're talking about.

He was off by a whole year and Woods it's Woods 2nd year on a active roster...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

Good assessment. Its hard when you see something that easy take place and not what caused it as you correctly point out.... Play fakes, formation shifts killed us all day D vs their O,

dallas72

Reaction score
I thought Lee looked better than LVE last night. LVE seemed to have problems with all the different looks the Rams were showing.
Lee looked worse...LVE is a rookie..but a stronger tackler