Deion Sanders next coach?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.

Majic

Reaction score
Jerry is not a fan of appointing college coaches (with one exception)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sanders would not be a good NFL coach. Less egotistical players in college with more looking up to him. His personality would clash with divas because Sanders has the need to be THE guy.

Hope you don't mean that as a bad thing because all the "yore of yesteryear" posters here talk about how the coach should be THE guy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is not a fan of appointing college coaches (with one exception)
If he doesn’t start winning, where else can he turn? Dieon is a former player who understands what it takes to win a Super Bowl. It’s about the only thing Jerry hasn’t tried.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I would doubt it. Listen to deion talk and you’ll hear that it has a lot more to do with the mission than it does the job.

bottleKids

Reaction score
He is about his brand before anything. He can best build that in a College program such as Colorado who gives him the ability to do whatever he wants. He can't get that in the pros.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would doubt it. Listen to deion talk and you’ll hear that it has a lot more to do with the mission than it does the job.
Well, if both of his sons turn pro, he might have a change of heart. When he coached Jackson State , he sounded like he never wanted leave there either. If anyone can sell Dieon an NFL job, it’s Jerry.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is about his brand before anything. He can best build that in a College program such as Colorado who gives him the ability to do whatever he wants. He can't get that in the pros.
Oh, the Colorado Buffaloes is a better place build his brand than the Dallas Cowboys? Not so sure I follow the logic.

erod

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
LOL, no.

Deion is a recruiter. That's it. There's no recruiting in the NFL, and the players make more than the coaches.

Pro coaches have zero power over players. College coaches used to big time, but now with the portal, they're castrated, too.

Deion's luster will wear off. He's about to get curb-stomped this week even worse than last week.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Well, if both of his sons turn pro, he might have a change of heart. When he coached Jackson State , he sounded like he never wanted leave there either. If anyone can sell Dieon an NFL job, it’s Jerry.
Of course it isn't a 0% chance, there is always a chance, but you're focused on the wrong things. Deion has super bowl rings, Deion has fame, Deion has plenty of money. Deion is living by his faith in god, and when a man feels that conviction not even Jerry can change his heart. I know a lot of people will disagree with me there, but Deion continues to go back to his faith and his mission to develop young men.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Please stop!
Deion Sanders will not be a coach for the Dallas Cowboys let alone any NFL team.
His approach won't work on the pro level.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think McCarthy has several years left and is doing a good job. Prime time isn't in the mix.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oh, the Colorado Buffaloes is a better place build his brand than the Dallas Cowboys? Not so sure I follow the logic.
The Dallas Cowboys is a bigger brand than Deion Sanders; Deion Sanders is a bigger brand than the University of Colorado.

People are talking about the Dallas Cowboys even though Deion Sanders is not their coach. People wouldn't be talking about the University of Colorado except for the fact that Deion Sanders is their coach.

See the difference?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I really don't think Deion's style would translate well to the NFL.

Wish the guy the best and much success moving forward, but nah.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Sanders would not be a good NFL coach. Less egotistical players in college with more looking up to him. His personality would clash with divas because Sanders has the need to be THE guy.
Doesn't his son need to graduate first? He is not quite ready to be the DC qb. :)