Deion Sanders next coach?

bottleKids

Reaction score
So it’s better to be a big fish in a little pond than a big fish in a big pond. Duly noted
Its up to the person... I never said its good either way. Just expressing why in my opinion, why he would not come here.

Maybe I am wrong but we wont now for at least 2 years, as I don't think he will go anywhere until his son enters the draft.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
A coach that is going to go 3-9 in a cupcake league to the Cowboys? Sounds reasonable.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its up to the person... I never said its good either way. Just expressing why in my opinion, why he would not come here.

Maybe I am wrong but we wont now for at least 2 years, as I don't think he will go anywhere until his son enters the draft.
Does Dieon impress you as someone shy of the spotlight? Dieon will jump to any job that increases his pay and spotlight. Colorado is just the next stop. Bigger college programs will come calling next if not the NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A coach that is going to go 3-9 in a cupcake league to the Cowboys? Sounds reasonable.
Colorado was the worst team in college football last year. The turn around is obvious.
Not sure how you get them losing the rest of their games. Are you so desperate for facts that you have to invent them?

bottleKids

Reaction score
Does Dieon impress you as someone shy of the spotlight? Dieon will jump to any job that increases his pay and spotlight. Colorado is just the next stop. Bigger college programs will come calling next if not the NFL.
I agree with you 100% on this actually ... he will go to a bigger program in 2 years, I just don't think he will make the jump to the NFL in the short term. Again my opinion, but I respect yours on the other side.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you 100% on this actually ... he will go to a bigger program in 2 years, I just don't think he will make the jump to the NFL in the short term. Again my opinion, but I respect yours on the other side.
If I had to make a bet with my own money, I agree with you. I just think he has that intangible charisma and leadership that we haven’t seen in Dallas since JJ. The college players respond to him and they don’t have to be there.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Colorado was the worst team in college football last year. The turn around is obvious.
Not sure how you get them losing the rest of their games. Are you so desperate for facts that you have to invent them?
CU just got SPANKED by an overated Pac team that barely squeeked by an absolute bottom of the barrel Texas Tech team. And although CU's wins were exciting, they too were against air. Coach Prime is exciting, but IMO hasn't proven anything yet. 1 win to 3 wins is a huge jump, I'll give him that. I like Dieon alot, he's got swagger and builds ton of confidence in these kids. We'll see.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
Prime is too big for Jerry.

bottleKids

Reaction score
If I had to make a bet with my own money, I agree with you. I just think he has that intangible charisma and leadership that we haven’t seen in Dallas since JJ. The college players respond to him and they don’t have to be there.
Makes me wonder though, how long MM leash is if the Boys don't go further this season than last.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He's said numerous times he's not interested in coaching in the pros...
Yep, that's the tea. Don't blame him, and he has more of an impact at the college level for the kids. Pros already feel like they've accomplished things even as rookies. As long as the bag is secure.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He's said numerous times he's not interested in coaching in the pros...
He also said he wouldn't be leaving Jackson State. He has the mental makeup to be a great coach. I'd definitely like to see if he can turn Colorado into a contender before making the call though.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
He also said he wouldn't be leaving Jackson State. He has the mental makeup to be a great coach. I'd definitely like to see if he can turn Colorado into a contender before making the call though.
Better college coaches tried that in the NFL, failed miserably....it's a great story, that stuff may work for a short while but that doesn't work in the pros....barely beat Colordoo St, got waxed last week and probably will get waxed this week....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
deion has already said he has no interest in coaching in the nfl. he likes what he is doing now.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Better college coaches tried that in the NFL, failed miserably....it's a great story, that stuff may work for a short while but that doesn't work in the pros....barely beat Colordoo St, got waxed last week and probably will get waxed this week....
Look at his roster. He took over a 1-win team and made them relevant for the first time in what, 30 years? His squad at Jackson St was kind of a juggernaut as well. I'm not saying hire the guy today, but 2 or 3 years of consistent improvement would be tough for me to overlook. Deion just has it.