Deion Sanders next coach?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
The guy is an idiot. Why would Jerry want someone less capable than himself and a bigger attention ***** in the organization?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, no.

Deion is a recruiter. That's it. There's no recruiting in the NFL, and the players make more than the coaches.

Pro coaches have zero power over players. College coaches used to big time, but now with the portal, they're castrated, too.

Deion's luster will wear off. He's about to get curb-stomped this week even worse than last week.
Pro coaches have no power over players and neither do college coaches anymore. Dieon recruited 75 new scholarship players in 1 off season at Colorado…… out of 85 scholarships. So , the college landscape might be even more difficult now. At least pros have contracts that tie them up for a few years. A college football player can change teams every year.

I think Dallas would be one of the few NFL jobs that might appeal to Dieon.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys is a bigger brand than Deion Sanders; Deion Sanders is a bigger brand than the University of Colorado.

People are talking about the Dallas Cowboys even though Deion Sanders is not their coach. People wouldn't be talking about the University of Colorado except for the fact that Deion Sanders is their coach.

See the difference?
People are going to be talking about Dieon anywhere he goes. He would even overshadow the cowboy players which might not be a bad thing. He would get an order of magnitude more attention in Dallas than anywhere else.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he doesn’t start winning, where else can he turn? Dieon is a former player who understands what it takes to win a Super Bowl. It’s about the only thing Jerry hasn’t tried.
I would be very surprised if JJ ever hired a guy like Deion because Prime would take away all the spotlight from Jerry. JJ has proven it’s important to him to hire coaches who don’t hog much of the limelight.

erod

Reaction score
Pro coaches have no power over players and neither do college coaches anymore. Dieon recruited 75 new scholarship players in 1 off season at Colorado…… out of 85 scholarships. So , the college landscape might be even more difficult now. At least pros have contracts that tie them up for a few years. A college football player can change teams every year.

But the man knows nothing about offense and defense substantively. What impact could he make if he can't recruit like college? Because that's what he is, a recruiter and showman.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
LOL. You see the way his team conducted itself heading on to the field at Oregon? He would be the nail on the Cowboys coffin.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be very surprised if JJ ever hired a guy like Deion because Prime would take away all the spotlight from Jerry. JJ has proven it’s important to him to hire coaches who don’t hog much of the limelight.
I’m just looking ahead and wondering what’s next if MM fails? Another retread HC ? Dieon isn’t connected to Jimmy Johnson and is one of Jerry’s guys. Deion’s star and reputation just might be what the cowboy players need. He would get a lot of the media attention that distracts off of Dak and Micah. He’s obviously going to need good coordinators. I’m thinking of him as the classic sideline motivator and inspirational voice the locker room lacks. We certainly couldn’t hire anyone the players respect more.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Sanders-to-Dallas might be a tiny bit off the mark of ever happening.

Kwyn

Reaction score

So, this is more of a “I love Deion” thread than a Cowboy thread.

There are other places, even on this site, for you to talk about how awesome Deion is.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Oh, the Colorado Buffaloes is a better place build his brand than the Dallas Cowboys? Not so sure I follow the logic.
You are right ... Jerry would 100% allow him to come in here and do whatever he wants, from social media, to player decisions. Nothing is bigger than the Cowboys brand, so why would Prime want to come here? My logic makes perfect sense for those who understand brand marketing ....

Going to a place such as Dallas whose Brand dominates everything, to build your own personal brand would not make sense in terms of how Coach Prime is doing it... Colorado has no Brand outside being a terrible run program for a decade plus, so his constraints are few if any at all.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
You can't be serious about Sanders coaching the Cowboys......LOL! When he starts beating the ranked teams in college then give us a call, but until that happens I'll go with a hologram of Jimmy Johnson as our next HC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are right ... Jerry would 100% allow him to come in here and do whatever he wants, from social media, to player decisions. Nothing is bigger than the Cowboys brand, so why would Prime want to come here? My logic makes perfect sense for those who understand brand marketing ....

Going to a place such as Dallas whose Brand dominates everything, to build your own personal brand would not make sense in terms of how Coach Prime is doing it... Colorado has no Brand outside being a terrible run program for a decade plus, so his constraints are few if any at all.
So it’s better to be a big fish in a little pond than a big fish in a big pond. Duly noted

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't be serious about Sanders coaching the Cowboys......LOL! When he starts beating the ranked teams in college then give us a call, but until that happens I'll go with a hologram of Jimmy Johnson as our next HC.
Dallas needs an inspirational head coach. We got all the X’s and O’s guys. They add up to bunk bc they can’t consistently get the players to perform their best. What we don’t have is a motivator and that’s Dieon’s forte’. It’s about the only thing Jerry hasn’t tried.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I understand Deion said he wouldn’t leave Colorado but money talks. With that said I don’t think he translates to the nfl well. These are grown men. Not kids he can groom.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, this is more of a “I love Deion” thread than a Cowboy thread.

There are other places, even on this site, for you to talk about how awesome Deion is.
Feel free to leave if you have nothing to contribute.