Deion Sanders next coach?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If anyone has watched coach Prime over the last at minimum, a year, you know what type of coach he is. He believes in an accurate tough QB. He believes in a high-powered offense and he believes in defense. Coaching is not just about motivation, it's about being smart enough to get the right people around you, plus find talent. Think twice before you reject the Prime affect.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
Deion is going wherever his son is.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Look at his roster. He took over a 1-win team and made them relevant for the first time in what, 30 years? His squad at Jackson St was kind of a juggernaut as well. I'm not saying hire the guy today, but 2 or 3 years of consistent improvement would be tough for me to overlook. Deion just has it.
Can't bring a hundred players in through the transfer portal in the Pros....He has two more wins than last year against bad football teams, and when his team plays good teams, he gets hammered, like he will this week AGAIN...

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Can't bring a hundred players in through the transfer portal in the Pros....He has two more wins than last year against bad football teams, and when his team plays good teams, he gets hammered, like he will this week AGAIN...
There's a difference between good and college elite. Oregon is a perennial top 10 program, as is USC. Colorado St isn't bad, TCU has one loss, and Nebraska is....well...Nebraska. To be clear, they've beaten some ok-decent programs and lost to a powerhouse with a weird vendetta.

Regarding the transfers...Colorado isn't a program that can afford to dish out big NIL money. Those kids came to play for Sanders. I'm sure his motivation is that he can teach them how to make it to the league, as he did. Would there not be similar motivation for pro players to take heed of his teachings?

Say you have this guy who was the best to ever do the thing at his position. He's millionaire 45x over, made his name in the media, and backed it up on the field. We're talking about one of the most feared players to ever play the game. Now say said guy chose to pass his knowledge of football as well as the media to aspiring superstars. He has already landed his own son in the Heisman trophy race, built a D2 juggernaut, and woke up a long dormant program that was all but dead. Pretty strong track record for any coaching vacancy IMHO.

We have knowledge, charisma, an elite pedigree, coaching and as a player, skins on the wall, and clear leadership ability on the board. Are there any new coaches over the past couple of years that can say the same? We spent a decade waiting for Jason Garrett to show half of what Sanders has shown. As I said, give it a couple of years, but he's on track to becoming an elite coaching prospect.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
People are going to be talking about Dieon anywhere he goes. He would even overshadow the cowboy players which might not be a bad thing. He would get an order of magnitude more attention in Dallas than anywhere else.
And people are going to talk about the Dallas Cowboys no matter who the coach is.

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
I think it’s going to be “prime time” again in Dallas if MM fails to at least advance past the divisional round. Dieon more than anything is the motivational/inspirational figure Dallas has lacked on the sideline for the last 30 years. He would hold players accountable and they respect him enough to listen. It’s almost too perfect.
Big difference between coaching Colorado and coaching the Dallas Cowboys.