Deion Sanders' son Shilo makes promise to Jerry Jones for 2025

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is that why Ewers was named the starting QB for this year?
Look man, I'm a Longhorn fan and I absolutely disagree with this decision ,maybe this is something he's just openly saying but there needs to be a wide-open full-on competition, so manning has a shot at being the starter... I never really liked the way Texas handles quarterbacks they seem to make promises to their parents and to the athletes and then they just let them play until they leave it never feels like a truly open competition and I believe manning is going to be better than Ewers and this is a huge mistake by our head coach and our staff in my opinion as Ewers is very average to me, Hews good but not special, I'm not that impressed, I was hoping he left but he even sees he's not an NFL prospect...

I mean, how can you not have a full open competition in the spring and let these dudes compete?

IMHO you don't name a starter just because the guy was a starter the year before this isn't the pros does not under contract and I watched all his games and again not that impressed... I think Colt McCoy was a better quarterback and that's probably one of the better quarterbacks as far as pure passers that Texas has had for some strange reason they keep falling into this pattern and I don't like it... And as much as I like Sam Ellinger, they did this with him, I believe Buchele was a better quarterback, he showed it at SMU...