Twitter: Deion? Seriously?

ESisback

Reaction score
NFL.com likes clickbait too.

I do not think it would be difficult arguing Sanders would better represent Atlanta than Michael Vick. And I would bet a good percentage of Falcons' fans would agree.

Exactly! Clickbait! Most people think Sanders is a lightweight—a vain, diva, douchebag mercenary. Supremely fast, but tackles like a Girl Scout. A vastly overrated Hollywood jerk, the very same perception the MSM likes to perpetuate of our team. It feeds the rating$!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I would pay good money seeing Donovan McNabb's reaction after seeing Randal Cunningham represent the Eagles. :laugh:

Would not be shocked he tweets about being disrespected. He talked junk about Wentz and other Eagles so I could see him whine about not being selected. Don't they know he is in the middle of his HOF campaign?! :D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what Brian Bosworth and Alvin Kamara?

Were Largent, Easley, and Wilson off the table? Brees, Archie, and Ricky Jackson?

Bosworth, one of the biggest busts in NFL History, right there with Tony Mandarich. Which many said Dallas should have selected him instead of Troy Aikman.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about Moss for a Viking? That dog killing pos for a Falcon? Manning for a Colt? Favre for the Packer? Sanders works for NFLN and I could pick 50 players ahead of him beginning with Lilly, Staubach, Hayes and Renfro, the most underrated Cowboy of them all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good grief.

Is...is that Sammy Baugh representing Washington? Baugh is certainly worthy but it only proves whoever assembled this particular montage of players considered representatives of ALL eras. Clickbait. Clickbait. Click click click bait.

ESisback

Reaction score
Would not be shocked he tweets about being disrespected. He talked junk about Wentz and other Eagles so I could see him whine about not being selected. Don't they know he is in the middle of his HOF campaign?! :D

McNabb is bitter, because he has no rings, and he knows he’s only regarded as a good, not great QB. If you have to stage a social media campaign to let everyone know you’re a HOFer, you’re probably NOT a HOFer!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Deion is far more a Falcon than he is a 49er, Cowboy, Commander, or Raven. Of all the great Cowboys, this is who they chose?

Don't pin this scumbag on our team. This feels intentional.

And he's not the only strange choice.

And put him in a blue uni to boot. Well, this a cartoon despiction. Don’t really care. I had to look a couple times to even notice he was there.

Swanny

Reaction score
Or Emmitt or Lilly
I'll always say Roger. Guy was a real hero. Went to war for our country. Staubach is a real hero. Lilly served too (for a short time). So I would say Lilly 2nd behind Roger. I love Emmitt but he's just a sports hero. Roger Staubach is a real life hero

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Deion is far more a Falcon than he is a 49er, Cowboy, Commander, or Raven. Of all the great Cowboys, this is who they chose?

Don't pin this scumbag on our team. This feels intentional.

And he's not the only strange choice.

I understand you don't like him, but what has he done that makes him a scumbag?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
McNabb is bitter, because he has no rings, and he knows he’s only regarded as a good, not great QB. If you have to stage a social media campaign to let everyone know you’re a HOFer, you’re probably NOT a HOFer!

My personal opinion of McNabb, decent QB that lacked leadership qualities and was mentally soft.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The more you look at the picture the more really odd selections reveal themselves. Some of the players chosen are legit but then so many are just way off like it was intentional trolling.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I could argue that they chose Deion because he has a generational appeal, meaning even the younger generation knows who he is.
Deion Sanders arguably has done more for the cornerback position than any other player has done for his position. Simply put, when you think of cornerbacks, Deion is like Ali, like Jordan, like Richard Pryor, like Royce Gracie … his name is going to be most people's selection as the All-Time Greatest.
Having said that, my argument gets dashed by the selection of Sammy Baugh to represent the Commanders. I reckon that hardly any millennial outside of a die-hard Commander fan knows who Baugh is.
Roger Staubach would have been my choice followed by Emmitt Smith. However, I doubt many millennials even know who Roger Staubach is. But he is the definitive Cowboy, IMO.

morat1959

Reaction score
# 22 then # 12 # 8 or # 74 # 88(Pearson-Irvin) # 54 # 33..... Dion ????? lol....
I like your list. Here’s mine in this order.
#12, 22, 74, 8, 33, 73, 54, 2x 88...can’t believe you left out 73! Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
I'll always say Roger. Guy was a real hero. Went to war for our country. Staubach is a real hero. Lilly served too (for a short time). So I would say Lilly 2nd behind Roger. I love Emmitt but he's just a sports hero. Roger Staubach is a real life hero
True. Staubach is my #1 also. Deion? A joke! I can name 50+ that are better choices.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gotta put the all time leading rusher on there, right?