Twitter: Deion? Seriously?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm:

Could be wrong but Steelers #19 is Juju Smith-Schuster.

Cannot stand Pittsburgh but Smith-Schuster was someone's choice out of all the Steelers' greats.

Perhaps this is the first of 100 daily caricatures highlighting team 'greats' counting down to the league's 100th season? If true, it makes this first grouping more palatable for me. Even so, it does not still support Sanders' rep for Dallas.

ESisback

Reaction score
I could argue that they chose Deion because he has a generational appeal, meaning even the younger generation knows who he is.
Deion Sanders arguably has done more for the cornerback position than any other player has done for his position. Simply put, when you think of cornerbacks, Deion is like Ali, like Jordan, like Richard Pryor, like Royce Gracie … his name is going to be most people's selection as the All-Time Greatest.
Having said that, my argument gets dashed by the selection of Sammy Baugh to represent the Commanders. I reckon that hardly any millennial outside of a die-hard Commander fan knows who Baugh is.
Roger Staubach would have been my choice followed by Emmitt Smith. However, I doubt many millennials even know who Roger Staubach is. But he is the definitive Cowboy, IMO.

The possibility that many Millennials don’t even know Staubach SERIOUSLY damages the credibility of an entire generation.

Scary times.

JayFord

Reaction score
My choice would be Deion that’s my all time favorite player

Idc what no one says I used to be out in the front yard high stepping down the block with the bandana on

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree. Which is why I'm confused as to why choose that #21 over our current #21, even though Zeke isn't a Cowboy legend yet.

Neither one of those guys should represent the Cowboys there, IMO.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The more you look at the picture the more really odd selections reveal themselves. Some of the players chosen are legit but then so many are just way off like it was intentional trolling.

Trolling or put together by a person that doesn't know football and just did quick Google searches. Bo Jackson for the Raiders and Patrick Mahomes for the Chiefs are strange picks.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The game saves the league office. It is run by a bunch of morons. They are actually doing a good job damaging the brand. Impossible to think that was possible a decade ago but never doubt the destructive influence of bad leaders and hubris. That combo has brought down civilizations. A sports league is nothing.

I will add at least it wasn't Jerry Jones.

JayFord

Reaction score
The game saves the league office. It is run by a bunch of morons. They are actually doing a good job damaging the brand. Impossible to think that was possible a decade ago but never doubt the destructive influence of bad leaders and hubris. That combo has brought down civilizations. A sports league is nothing.

I will add at least it wasn't Jerry Jones.

20+ years ago I was so passionate about everything football.....I would rush my mother out of church every sunday just to get back home to football

I would watch all the games I knew every teams record and what offense and defense they ran....which player had an advantage over who and would watch espn breakdown the game after it was finished and do my own breakdown

Now this product ain’t worth 2 craps.....I’ve resigned myself to watching cowboys only and some of the cowboys games I don’t watch...and I refuse to watch anything ESPN they couldnt breakdown their butt from a hole in the ground

I never thought the sport I loved would ever be reduced to the trash I see now.....

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
The little kid that made this probably took the first name of the teams that he or she found on Google. No big deal.

GenoT

Reaction score
As long as they still draw breath, there’s two guys to choose from as far as repping our Boys...

Bob Lilly and Roger Staubach.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Deion is far more a Falcon than he is a 49er, Cowboy, Commander, or Raven. Of all the great Cowboys, this is who they chose?

Don't pin this scumbag on our team. This feels intentional.

And he's not the only strange choice.

Of all the players? This chode?

At least they gave the Squeelers, Ju Ju, and the Saints, Alvin Kamara.

This is a sad day. Where’s WHitten? Or even the lovable, Dak? Freakin Deion? Lmao. Charles Haley would have made more sense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Of all the players? This chode?

At least they gave the Squeelers, Ju Ju, and the Saints, Alvin Kamara.

This is a sad day. Where’s WHitten? Or even the lovable, Dak? Freakin Deion? Lmao. Charles Haley would have made more sense.
Honestly I think the only bad ones are Deion (he should be there just not as a Cowboy), JuJu (the Blonde Bomber probably), Kamara and Bosworth. Is Mahomes bad? Maybe, but he is the first Chief MVP winner ever and he had an all-time historic season for any QB, much less a Chief. Bosworth is a head scratcher, but until recently the Seahawks didn’t have a lot of iconic players.