Twitter: Deion? Seriously?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You guys really do get upset about every little thing. This is clearly the league hating the Cowboys again, right?

This was never meant to be a ‘greatest player for every franchise’ list. It’s just a selection of very famous players from every team. Everyone knows who Deion is, not everyone knows Bob Lilly. The Boz is in there, Juju is in there, Mahomes is in there. It’s just for fun.

Yeah, they could have gone with Staubach, and an old white QB for every NFL team, which would have been fine. Boomer Esiasons and Ron Jaworskis and Bernie Kozars. But that would be boring and not the point. They’re celebrating the NFL’s history, and Deion was a big deal when he was a Cowboy.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Deion is far more a Falcon than he is a 49er, Cowboy, Commander, or Raven. Of all the great Cowboys, this is who they chose?

Don't pin this scumbag on our team. This feels intentional.

And he's not the only strange choice.

:facepalm:Good gravy Marie!

dwreck27

Reaction score
Staubach or Emmitt should have gotten that honor...

I rather forget that Deion ever wore a star...

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is a no snowflake zone. lol..As far as I'm concerned, Deion is by no means an alltime great. Very good and a difference maker? HELL YES. He was a spark we needed in 1995. But I can think of 1 guy that was much more consistent...Everson Walls...Dennis Thurman...and a safety we had named Charlie WATERS.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Staubach.

Born in 85', I never watched him play, however I do know hes our Captain America.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My choice would be Deion that’s my all time favorite player

Idc what no one says I used to be out in the front yard high stepping down the block with the bandana on
Got no problem with giving Deion his due. The NFL allowing that kind of personal expression for a rep promo is, well, unusual.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Got no problem with giving Deion his due. The NFL allowing that kind of personal expression for a rep promo is, well, unusual.
me either..LOVE Neon deion...but I just dunno if he is an all time great for Dallas. Everson Walls had a larger body of work here in Dallas and was very good. I rather go with him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW...for the record...all time great is Roger Staubach,PERIOD. Not just FOR DALLAS...but in the entire NFL. Helluva business man and human being to boot.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Deon to me is the beginning of the end of a dynasty, I ignore his time as a Cowboy.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he had 1 great year for us in 95 AND HELPED us win a SB. Just cant call him a great tho.
Part of a year, and really the Boys acquired him so the Niners wouldn't have him. I doubt we get to SB if the Packers hadn't upset the Niners anyway in the divisional round. But yes, not a Cowboy great IMO.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I do not think it would be difficult arguing Sanders would better represent Atlanta than Michael Vick. And I would bet a good percentage of Falcons' fans would agree.

I would join into that argument, but I don't have a dog in that fight.

ESisback

Reaction score
My choice would be Deion that’s my all time favorite player

Idc what no one says I used to be out in the front yard high stepping down the block with the bandana on

You’re being facetious, right?