Delusional Commanders Fans...ES crashes

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Funny or not, its true. We have been discussing the Skisn cap situation non-stop for 2 weeks now.

That being said, they are all delusional, as the Washington beat writers have filled their heads with false hope.

clayman

Reaction score
Washington writers have been all about the doom and gloom and faux cap hell that we've been discussing here.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
They're all serving the NEW evil empire.

:scream:

GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

JonCJG

Reaction score
Should have been clear. I thought it was funny how "scared" the rest of the NFC is supposed to be of the Skins.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
123456 said:
Should have been clear. I thought it was funny how "scared" the rest of the NFC is supposed to be of the Skins.

Yeah, those homeristic Commanders fans are about to come down to Earth when we reclaim Fed-Ex.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Well now that talks have broken down yet again , The Commanders can show all of us frightened Cowboy fans how its done....

Silverstar

Reaction score
HA! HA!

Welcome to CAP HELL DEADSKINS! :devil:

Burn baby Burn!

Cap infernooooooo....

Burn baby burn....BURN THE MUTHA DOWN!

BURN IT!!!

:disco:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
clayman said:
Washington writers have been all about the doom and gloom and faux cap hell that we've been discussing here.

Not really. Check out "Either Way, Commanders Win" http://Commanders.scout.com/

They'll proceed to tell you that no starters will be cut. When I brought up Walt Harris, they told me he wasn't a starter and that Carlos Rodgers was until he got hurt.

Which wasn't really true. Harris was the starter, got hurt himself, Rogers replaced him for a short stint, and Harris went back to being starter again. There's also John Hall, which I'm told was no biggie since he gets hurt too often.

It's hardly a "win win" situation by any matters. It appears to me that if there's no extension, they'll restructure contracts which usually consists of guaranteeing money up front and cutting off years of the contract. From what I've read, Portis would have 3 years cut off his contract so if they tried to re-sign him again, he's likely to have more bargaining power as he'll be younger.

Even still, what most likely will happen is that they'll cut 12 guys to get under the cap which include Harris and company. There's also Ryan Clark, their starting SS whom they might not be able to keep.

And if there's one thing about the NFL, you pretty much need some decent backups in this league because of injury issues.

Essentially, the biggest brunt of the cap hit may not be felt this week. Wait until August through September when a good starter gets hurt and they have to replace him with one of their backups and sign somebody off the scrap heap to take the backup spot. And if their backup gets hurt, then they are really in trouble.

Furthermore, I'm a firm believer that you have to be semi-active in FA and/or the draft every year. The NFL is like a puzzle in that if you go with pretty much the same personnel in back to back years without making any tweaks to improve your roster....no matter how good you are.....opposing teams usually gain an advantage on figuring you out.

A great point was the 2004 year where we did very little except get Julius Jones. Despite having a very good defense the season before, we didn't take steps to improve the pass rush or the secondary and teams killed the defense that season.

Of course, anything is possible. But Skins fans are buying into the spin machine that Snyder has in place. It's really the same way as many Cowboys fans buy into the Jerry's spin machine when he makes questionable/bad personnel decisions. The only differences are that Skins fans think Snyder walks on water (for some reason) and Jones doesn't own Cowboyszone.com (whereas Snyder owns ExtremeSkins and has his sock puppets championing his spins).

Rich.......

bobtheflob

Reaction score
They did sweep us last year, so all we really have to hang our hat on is their salary cap problems. I wouldn't say I'm scared of them at all. They're not a bad team, but I still like our chances next year.

BTW HeavyHitta, your sig is painful.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
They did sweep us last year, so all we really have to hang our hat on is their salary cap problems. I wouldn't say I'm scared of them at all. They're not a bad team, but I still like our chances next year.

BTW HeavyHitta, your sig is painful.

But it is oh-so beautiful :D

Bizwah

Reaction score
I still think the Skins will be ok.

I'll believe their cap problems when I see them.

I think the start of FA will continue to be pushed back.......Even if it isn't, I think the NFL will do something to help the "cap-strapped" teams.

Of course, they wouldn't do it if it were us in trouble.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I've been waiting to use that disco smiley...I.....had.....no.....choice....

:dissskin:

:D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Commanders might rework deals

By Ryan O'Halloran
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
March 4, 2006

In the event a new collective bargaining agreement cannot be struck between the NFL and its players union, several Washington Commanders players will restructure their contracts to provide the team with salary cap relief.
The Commanders have confirmed only one reworked contract -- that of quarterback Mark Brunell on Wednesday. After talks between the league and players union broke off Thursday, cornerback Shawn Springs said he had redone his contract.
The agents for Renaldo Wynn and Jon Jansen confirmed yesterday that if a new CBA is agreed upon, the restructured deals are voided. The same is believed to be true for Brunell, Springs, Clinton Portis and Randy Thomas.
The new deadline to cut players is 6 p.m. tomorrow and free agency starts Monday at 12:01 a.m.
If there is no deal, the 2006 salary cap is $94.5 million. If there is a deal, the salary cap could be anywhere from $105 million to $110 million depending on terms of the agreement. The Commanders started the week with $115 million committed to 2006 salaries.
Rick Smith, Jansen's agent, said yesterday the Commanders contacted him about a week ago and termed the talks "pretty easy."
"They have a plan and they'll get it done," he said. "They weren't desperate. I don't know why there was this big doomsday [outlook] for them. They'll get to where they need to get."
Peter Schaffer, the agent for Wynn, said talks between him the Commanders were seamless.
"There were no negotiations," he said.
If the salary cap is $105 million, the Commanders are likely to still cut veterans Matt Bowen ($2 million savings), Cory Raymer ($985,000), Brandon Noble ($1.7 million), Walt Harris ($2 million), Tom Tupa ($232,000) and possibly Patrick Ramsey ($1.688 million), James Thrash ($750,000) and Taylor Jacobs ($176,000).
Either way, no front-line starters are expected to be released.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Yeah, let's stop worrying about the Commanders cap #, who cares?.:suxskins: :skins: :dissskin:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders | Team facing salary cap penalties
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 09:14:08 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Washington Commanders might not be able to get under the salary cap of $94.5 million for the 2006 season. Several owners believe the Commanders will not be able to get under $98 million because of all the amortization left on signing bonuses. The club faces a fine and/or forfeiture of draft picks. A group of small-market owners are watching to see how NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue might punish them.
--------

And someone asked why we care? cuz it's fun to watch skins fans squirm. :D

Life is beautiful just to be able to watch them scurry trying to get under the cap, while the Cowboys just plod along doing business as usual...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Either way, no front-line starters are expected to be released.

And again, I'd like to know when Walt Harris was not a starter.

Go to www.nfl.com/scores, then check out each link that says "Gamebook." Harris is named the starter in all of but 2 games, IIRC....both of which were due to injury.

Sure, they've Carlos Rogers, but I'm not convinced he'll be as good as Harris next season. Furthermore, they'll have to find a new nickel back.

Oh yeah, they forget about mentioning that their starting SS Ryan Clark could wind up going somewhere else. He wouldn't be "cut", just the Skins couldn't pay his extension.

The entire spin reminds me of tobacco execs having a meeting saying that a certain amount of their customers quit smoking each year....well, technically they "die."

Rich............

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Commanders |

And someone asked why we care? cuz it's fun to watch skins fans squirm. :D

I've told people I really don't care as I'm still more concerned what we do. It's just fun to see Skins fans believe every spin that Snyder tells them.

Walt Harris = not a starter?

Could've fooled me.

Rich........