Delusional Commanders Fans...ES crashes

clayman

Reaction score
Walt Harris was a stopgap solution, he was not the starter later on until Springs got hurt. Be real.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Seriously if Walt Harris is a "front line starter," Marcus Vick has just entered the priesthood

Once C. Rogers was healthy and acclimated to the system he was starting, and Walt Harris was the nickel back. Paying 2 million for a nickel back is way too much dough, for someone who has been off again, on again injured

If he is the only one we "lose" due to the cap, I am not worried. And such stalwarts such as Matt Bowen, Cory Raymer, and John "I only kick kickoffs to the 15 yard line" Hall

Sad part is without the new CBA we won't be able to fill holes via FA, but will be forced to utilize the draft, which besides the 1st and 2nd rounds, has not been very good in the Cerrato era

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
clayman said:
Walt Harris was a stopgap solution, he was not the starter later on until Springs got hurt. Be real.

No, he was the starter throughout the season.

Explain to me how out of the 18 games the Skins were in.....Harris started 13 games and Springs started 17 games.

The numbers don't add up.

Rich.........

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What I find pathetic and/or hilarious is the fact there is a thread at Extremeskins "tracking" Daniel Snyder's private plane.

They have convinced themselves it is going to Detroit and believe they are going to pick up one of the high-profile Lion free agents.

:rolleyes:

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I told the paster of my church today after services that I thought that Snyder was a follower of satanic evils and has the power just like Hitler did to mesmer people into believing anything he want them to like a hypnotize.

Thats why all them at ExtremeSkins are so brainwashed. My paster said he'd pray for me.

I hope that Snyder gets cap busted out and bad!!

playit12

Reaction score
Walt Harris was certainly a starter. I have to agree with Rich there. They will also lose Ryan Clark and Matt Bowen, one of which is a starter. Cory Raymer is their Backup Center and previous starter before being replaced in 2005. Patrick was of course the backup QB. Now behind Brunell they won't have any QB's that have thrown a pass in the NFL. Thrash was the 3rd wideout at the beggining of the season, but became the starter when Patten started sucking it up. He was also their best Special Teams player.

They already were a bit lacking in depth. With these cuts that fact will be signficantly magnified.

31hammer

Reaction score
Did they have to drop the site to get under the cap?:lmao:
Or are they being censored?:lmao2:

fortdick

Reaction score
I was over there laughing my a** off about how they are expecting to have an agreement before 11:30, or a week long extension, or some other miracle, then the server crashed. Do you think someone shouold call the suicide hotline?

:lmao:

parchy

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Yeah, those homeristic Commanders fans are about to come down to Earth when we reclaim *Texas Stadium East.

Fixed. :cool:

felix360

Reaction score
fortdick said:
I was over there laughing my a** off about how they are expecting to have an agreement before 11:30, or a week long extension, or some other miracle, then the server crashed. Do you think someone shouold call the suicide hotline?

:lmao:

looks like they got their miracle, the deadline being extended to thursday and all

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
felix360 said:
looks like they got their miracle, the deadline being extended to thursday and all
Things worked out for the Commanders. I guess the media, the refs and the NFL aren't conspiring to help the Commanders lose afterall.

Alexander

Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
Things worked out for the Commanders. I guess the media, the refs and the NFL aren't conspiring to help the Commanders lose afterall.

I am starting to believe that. Not just the Commanders, but other franchises who did not have their cap in order.

You would have seen some big names hit the market that "shouldn't" have. This was just an excuse to keep that from occuring. Very disappointing and very very cheap.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I am starting to believe that. Not just the Commanders, but other franchises who did not have their cap in order.

You would have seen some big names hit the market that "shouldn't" have. This was just an excuse to keep that from occuring. Very disappointing and very very cheap.
Does Lavar Arrington count as a big name?:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm the least bit interested in the deadskins. I only care about our house.. ANd I swear, if we can have a great offseason, the deadskins or anyone else in the NFC east can't ef with us.

Alexander

Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
Does Lavar Arrington count as a big name?:D

He counts as one of the ones who was going to hit the market anyways in my book.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Alexander said:
He counts as one of the ones who was going to hit the market anyways in my book.
I am surprised how it went down though. A buy-out.

Alexander

Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
I am surprised how it went down though. A buy-out.

And it helped the team, I think.

Instead of playing it patient and making them eat it, he bought it out.

I didn't know that was possible, but apparently so.

Double

Reaction score
Lol..... the way other NFC East fans talk about the deadskins cap situation, one would be forced to mistake it as a new invention worthy of acclaim. CBA or no CBA, i do think they will be fine..... its just a process of changing numbers and from the look of things, there sure will be a new CBA and we all here will be feeling like fools for having spent all this time predicting gloom and doom.

The logical question is..... can the union hold on any longer for the owners??...... I say if they dont reach an agreement by Thursday.... dont postpone it anymore...... throw away the CBA and return the NFL to the glory days of Dallas.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
And it helped the team, I think.

Instead of playing it patient and making them eat it, he bought it out.

I didn't know that was possible, but apparently so.

Lavar really had no choice. His cap hit is $12 million. If he wasn't going to restructure/take a paycut, the Commanders would have waited to release him until right before July 1, when his roster bonus was due. This would have severely limited his options on the market.

Had we released Lavar on June 30, his cap hit for this year would be $5 million this year and $7 million in 2007. He's the one that would have ate it had he not struck this deal to be released now.

Lavar gets a chance on the free market, and the Commanders can deal with an $8.5 million cap hit, versus a $12.5 million hit this year, or $12.5 million over 2 years.

My heart hurts right now, I want him to stay and think he can be a great player if given the opportunity...but as far as long term cap management goes, this makes the most sense for the Commanders.