Twitter: DeMarco Murray Conference Call with Dallas Media Tweetcap - 09/16/15

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 29m29 minutes ago Irving, TX
DeMarco is about to do his conference call with the Dallas media. If we don't get at least three definitely's, I'll be sorely disappointed
Not a single "definitely." Different world out here in 2015, y'all.

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray said he's approaching #Cowboys game like any other game. Says it's not easier said than done.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray: "I'm approaching it like any other game. I'm going through my normal routine. This is a normal game for me."
DeMarco Murray on how hard it was to leave the Cowboys: "I've moved on. I'm sure they moved on. It is what it is."

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 26m26 minutes ago
"I moved on and I'm sure they moved on," DeMarco Murray said about himself and his former teammates with the Cowboys.
About rivalries in the NFC East, DeMarco Murray said, "There is a lot of hatred going around." Murray's move to Philly helped fuel it.

Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 21m21 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray says on the conference call that Jason Witten could be a head coach right now the NFL with his amount of knowledge.
DeMarco Murray on #Romo, Witten, Dez, and Jason Garrett: "Those guys are friends of mine."
DeMarco Murray: "Our preparation speaks for itself. Our game plans and how we approach things speak for themselves."
DeMarco Murray on Sean Lee: "I'm happy he's back on the field playing well, and I wish him nothing but the best."

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 37m37 minutes ago
DeMarco treating the Cowboys like a nameless, faceless opponent. He learned from his daddy Jason Garrett .
John Clark CSN Verified account ‏@JClarkCSN
DeMarco Murray on Cowboys: "Im very emotionless. Especially when it comes to business side of things. This is where I want to be. #Eagles

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 29m29 minutes ago Irving, TX
DeMarco is about to do his conference call with the Dallas media. If we don't get at least three definitely's, I'll be sorely disappointed
Not a single "definitely." Different world out here in 2015, y'all.

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray said he's approaching #Cowboys game like any other game. Says it's not easier said than done.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray: "I'm approaching it like any other game. I'm going through my normal routine. This is a normal game for me."
DeMarco Murray on how hard it was to leave the Cowboys: "I've moved on. I'm sure they moved on. It is what it is."

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 26m26 minutes ago
"I moved on and I'm sure they moved on," DeMarco Murray said about himself and his former teammates with the Cowboys.
About rivalries in the NFC East, DeMarco Murray said, "There is a lot of hatred going around." Murray's move to Philly helped fuel it.

Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 21m21 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray says on the conference call that Jason Witten could be a head coach right now the NFL with his amount of knowledge.
DeMarco Murray on #Romo, Witten, Dez, and Jason Garrett: "Those guys are friends of mine."
DeMarco Murray: "Our preparation speaks for itself. Our game plans and how we approach things speak for themselves."
DeMarco Murray on Sean Lee: "I'm happy he's back on the field playing well, and I wish him nothing but the best."

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 37m37 minutes ago
DeMarco treating the Cowboys like a nameless, faceless opponent. He learned from his daddy Jason Garrett .
John Clark CSN Verified account ‏@JClarkCSN
DeMarco Murray on Cowboys: "Im very emotionless. Especially when it comes to business side of things. This is where I want to be. #Eagles

Demarco. Miss you dude. Respect. I hope we win this weekend but have nothing but respect for the real DMC.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

knightrider94

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 4m4 minutes ago
Mentor, workout partner, teammate, @JasonWitten told me his relationship w/ @DeMarcoMurray most personal he's had with player who left in FA
Tony Romo, Jason Witten didn't get an 11th-hour chance to convince DeMarco Murray to stay with #Cowboys. JW: "He went pretty dark on us.''
Text from @DeMarcoMurray on @JasonWitten influence: "True pro. I've learned everything from him from the first day I walked in there.''

That's very strange that a person would lock out his friends and mentors like that. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Although I didn't want Dallas to resign him, I honestly feel bad for him because no one, and I mean no one, just goes emotionless over people and an organization they were around and with for that many years. I hope that he has "success" in that place, just not against us.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Demarco. Miss you dude. Respect. I hope we win this weekend but have nothing but respect for the real DMC.

LOL! Darren McFadden is the real Run DMC. He had that back since his days at Arkansas. The pro career ain't been what everyone had hoped it would be, but we can't go taking the nicknames away!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This guy should still be a Cowboy and seeing him in Eagles' green makes me wanna puke. Hope he runs for -20 yards this week.

Agreed, looks really unnatural in that uniform.

But yeah, hoping we keep him ineffective in this game.

Staubacher

Reaction score
That's very strange that a person would lock out his friends and mentors like that. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Although I didn't want Dallas to resign him, I honestly feel bad for him because no one, and I mean no one, just goes emotionless over people and an organization they were around and with for that many years. I hope that he has "success" in that place, just not against us.

Don't over think an Ed Terder report. Murray had a personal business decision to make. He probably knew his buddies would confuse him emotionally.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I don't think it's strange. Think DeAndre Jordan.
Murray wanted his money and didn't want Romo or Witten to talk him out of it. He knew his emotions were with the Cowboys; but his wallet was with the best deal he could get.
This was his one shot to make big money. He likely won't be getting a bigger payday, considering the shelf-life of running backs.
So it was loyalty or loot.
He chose loot (more money) and didn't want Romo or Witten pulling on his heart strings convincing him to stay in Dallas.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Don't over think an Ed Terder report. Murray had a personal business decision to make. He probably knew his buddies would confuse him emotionally.

Bingo. Everything I've seen of him -- including that hilarious SNF clip posted above -- shows his heart hasn't left Dallas. The money took him elsewhere, and now he's trying to convince himself the new "we" is truly what he wanted.

tecolote

Reaction score
Just a class guy, it's a shame he went to that turd bowl of a team.