Twitter: DeMarco Murray Conference Call with Dallas Media Tweetcap - 09/16/15

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I love DeMarco, I wish he would have went to another team outside the NFC East. Now I have to hate him.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I don't think it's strange. Think DeAndre Jordan.
Murray wanted his money and didn't want Romo or Witten to talk him out of it. He knew his emotions were with the Cowboys; but his wallet was with the best deal he could get.
This was his one shot to make big money. He likely won't be getting a bigger payday, considering the shelf-life of running backs.
So it was loyalty or loot.
He chose loot (more money) and didn't want Romo or Witten pulling on his heart strings convincing him to stay in Dallas.

This.

That said, he's a traitor. Of all teams

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Demarco: If I give the money back can I please come home. Jerry get me out of this hell hole!!! lol

djmajestik

Reaction score
I don't think it's strange. Think DeAndre Jordan.
Murray wanted his money and didn't want Romo or Witten to talk him out of it. He knew his emotions were with the Cowboys; but his wallet was with the best deal he could get.
This was his one shot to make big money. He likely won't be getting a bigger payday, considering the shelf-life of running backs.
So it was loyalty or loot.
He chose loot (more money) and didn't want Romo or Witten pulling on his heart strings convincing him to stay in Dallas.

But had he taken the home town discount I wonder how much more he would have made on endorsements after we win the SB this year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That's very strange that a person would lock out his friends and mentors like that. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Although I didn't want Dallas to resign him, I honestly feel bad for him because no one, and I mean no one, just goes emotionless over people and an organization they were around and with for that many years. I hope that he has "success" in that place, just not against us.
This is fan talk not real life talk IMO. He didn't go emotionless didn't he have em at his wedding? He just made sure like others said he didnt get talked into making what would have been a bad financial decision for himself. I can understand that more than some saying they wouldn't have taken the money. That's a I'll believe it when I see it for the majority of people sorry.

Last edited:

VACowboy

Reaction score
That's very strange that a person would lock out his friends and mentors like that. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Although I didn't want Dallas to resign him, I honestly feel bad for him because no one, and I mean no one, just goes emotionless over people and an organization they were around and with for that many years. I hope that he has "success" in that place, just not against us.

I never hope for injury, but he's playing for the fricking Philadelphia Eagles. I hope he has ZERO success, against anyone. In fact, I hope he and the Philly offense have a year so bad that they get laughed out of the league.

(I hope this for all non-Cowboys in the NFCE, BTW.)

knightrider94

Reaction score
I never hope for injury, but he's playing for the fricking Philadelphia Eagles. I hope he has ZERO success, against anyone. In fact, I hope he and the Philly offense have a year so bad that they get laughed out of the league.

(I hope this for all non-Cowboys in the NFCE, BTW.)

I hear you. Honestly, I don't think he will see the end of his contract.

superonyx

Reaction score
With the garbage the Eagles have on the OL I have a suspicion that the Eagles, Demarco and the Cowboys all wish things would have went down differently.

risco

Reaction score
David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 29m29 minutes ago Irving, TX
DeMarco is about to do his conference call with the Dallas media. If we don't get at least three definitely's, I'll be sorely disappointed
Not a single "definitely." Different world out here in 2015, y'all.

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray said he's approaching #Cowboys game like any other game. Says it's not easier said than done.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 28m28 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray: "I'm approaching it like any other game. I'm going through my normal routine. This is a normal game for me."
DeMarco Murray on how hard it was to leave the Cowboys: "I've moved on. I'm sure they moved on. It is what it is."

Rainer Sabin ‏@RainerSabinDMN 26m26 minutes ago
"I moved on and I'm sure they moved on," DeMarco Murray said about himself and his former teammates with the Cowboys.
About rivalries in the NFC East, DeMarco Murray said, "There is a lot of hatred going around." Murray's move to Philly helped fuel it.

Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 21m21 minutes ago
DeMarco Murray says on the conference call that Jason Witten could be a head coach right now the NFL with his amount of knowledge.
DeMarco Murray on #Romo, Witten, Dez, and Jason Garrett: "Those guys are friends of mine."
DeMarco Murray: "Our preparation speaks for itself. Our game plans and how we approach things speak for themselves."
DeMarco Murray on Sean Lee: "I'm happy he's back on the field playing well, and I wish him nothing but the best."

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 37m37 minutes ago
DeMarco treating the Cowboys like a nameless, faceless opponent. He learned from his daddy Jason Garrett .
John Clark CSN Verified account ‏@JClarkCSN
DeMarco Murray on Cowboys: "Im very emotionless. Especially when it comes to business side of things. This is where I want to be. #Eagles

He's lying on a few of those questions.

robjay04

Reaction score
It's more and more evident he left us for a woman and people seem to ignore that. Even when he was leaving Dallas for that infamous ride to Philly, he held his head in shame while his wife to be was smiling and waiving for the camera. The way he blocked out his friends and teammates makes it more evident.

I'm sure Murray misses us and he understands the nature of the business. No reason to hate him for a decision I feel wasn't left to him.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I wonder if Garrett will allow players to go over and say hi to him during pre-game warmups or if he'll make it as cold as possible.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I wonder if Garrett will allow players to go over and say hi to him during pre-game warmups or if he'll make it as cold as possible.
Oh please....this wussified NFL today would probably encourage them to do it. Not even old skool J-Geezy would make my fantasy a reality.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm moved past Murray. He's not here anymore. He's an Eagle, period. Just like DeMarcus Ware, life and Cowboys football will move on. The NFL is a business, and I really don't have any issues with anything he said.

I really appreciate what he did for the Cowboys; but then again, I appreciate what Marion Barber did, too. It's time for football; not reflection.