DeMarco Murray extension/Flashback interview

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
Ideally you hope that the Cowboys brain rust gets in someone much better than the scrub they drafted last off season and you let Murray go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"Replacing RBs like Murray is not hard to do" --Disagree completely. If that were the case we would have had solid RB play from everybody we drafted after Emmitt. Murray is the best RB we have had since him, which shows drafting a RB isn't a guaranteed thing. That's 10+ years without a suitable replacement

I'm not sure a suitable replacement is someone who has two seasons where he's played 10 or fewer games and has never completed a 16-game season healthy.

Backs are one of the easiest positions to find in the draft. Dallas had chances at drafting several who have gone on to better careers than Murray has had. The failure to do so is not reason to grasp at straws by paying a back who hasn't proven he can stay healthy at a position that has a short NFL life.

yentl911

Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir about Murray's all-around skill set, but if you are suggesting that he needs more touches in the pass game and not in the running game I disagree whole-heartedly!! The main duty in his job description is to tote the ball and last year he was damn good at it!

No I am saying he is good at all aspects of the game. He should not come off the field. He seems to get stronger as the game goes along and that is what makes a great back. He is tough, plays with an attitude/swagger and wants the ball. Pay that man his money!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I would hope we're not looking to extend Murray.

With the short shelf life of running backs and the way that position is being de-emphasized over recent years I don't see the logic of it.

While I don't disagree completely with your post, this is why it gets harder and harder to be a die hard fan of an NFL team. Having guys that spent the great majority if not their entire time with one team is how teams connect with the fanbase. The days of the disposable player kind of suck.

I still love the Cowboys, but not like I once did. And it's not just because of Jerry. More the way the game has evolved.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I don't disagree completely with your post, this is why it gets harder and harder to be a die hard fan of an NFL team. Having guys that spent the great majority if not their entire time with one team is how teams connect with the fanbase. The days of the disposable player kind of suck.

I still love the Cowboys, but not like I once did. And it's not just because of Jerry. More the way the game has evolved.

There's no doubt free agency and the salary cap has done that. It's also really effected the rivalries in the league. Players don't hate each other like they used to because they know they may be playing on the same team in the near future. It's a big fraternity now.

In the 70's the Cowboys hated the Commanders as much as their fans did. You could never make that statement about today's team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no doubt free agency and the salary cap has done that. It's also really effected the rivalries in the league. Players don't hate each other like they used to because they know they may be playing on the same team in the near future. It's a big fraternity now.

In the 70's the Cowboys hated the Commanders as much as their fans did. You could never make that statement about today's team.

I'll set the over/under on likes for that post at 10.

Hit me with them.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
We already have 3 RB's. Why do we need to draft another when the glaring need is on the other side of the ball?

We have a lot of picks. Do you want every one to be defense or bpa?

I also hope they pickup an OL and receiver.