Demarco Murray is a difference maker

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
DeMarco Murray rushed 21 times for 53 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 22 yards as the Cowboys came from behind to knock off the Bengals 20-19 in Week 14.Murray's yards-per-carry average for the game doesn't look overly impressive, but he accounted for one of Dallas' two touchdowns in the game and ripped up several big runs late in the hard-fought contest to set up Dan Bailey's winning field goal from 40 yards out. If Murray didn't look back to 100 percent in last week's win over Philadelphia, he got closer against the Bengals. Murray will be a back-end RB2 when the Cowboys host the Steelers in Week 15.

Dec 9 - 4:34 PM

FiveRings

Reaction score
I wanted to post something like this, Demarco is much more of a creative runner than Felix and makes him so much more of big play threat. He's providing a much needed spark to this offense and it's showing it's potential finally

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
FiveRings;4888570 said:
I wanted to post something like this, Demarco is much more of a creative runner than Felix and makes him so much more of big play threat. He's providing a much needed spark to this offense and it's showing it's potential finally

Losing him last year was detrimental to the team. Hopefully, having him back this year will help.

ghst187

Reaction score
outside romo, murray is the most important player on our team.
I feel pretty confident that had he been active against Wash, we win that game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He makes a huge difference in the offense.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gryphon;4888560 said:
DeMarco Murray rushed 21 times for 53 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 22 yards as the Cowboys came from behind to knock off the Bengals 20-19 in Week 14.Murray's yards-per-carry average for the game doesn't look overly impressive, but he accounted for one of Dallas' two touchdowns in the game and ripped up several big runs late in the hard-fought contest to set up Dan Bailey's winning field goal from 40 yards out. If Murray didn't look back to 100 percent in last week's win over Philadelphia, he got closer against the Bengals. Murray will be a back-end RB2 when the Cowboys host the Steelers in Week 15.

Dec 9 - 4:34 PM

What is the Cowboys record with Murray starting for Dallas? This year?

I agree with you. He is a difference maker for the offense, definitely.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
TTexasTT;4888606 said:
The difference he makes is amazing.

:laugh2:

Sorry, but some of you are a riot. If Felix put up the stat line that Murray did today, you'd all be calling for his head again and pointing out how "worthless" he is.

Funny stuff..

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4889104 said:
:laugh2:

Sorry, but some of you are a riot. If Felix put up the stat line that Murray did today, you'd all be calling for his head again and pointing out how "worthless" he is.

Funny stuff..

But that's the thing, it's not about the stat line, the determination Murray takes every rush with is like no one else. And do you think Felix makes that second effort play to get the first?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4889130 said:
But that's the thing, it's not about the stat line, the determination Murray takes every rush with is like no one else. And do you think Felix makes that second effort play to get the first?

Actually, it is about production. If Murray rushes "harder" (in your subjective opinion) and gains 2 ypc, and Felix crawls for 4 ypc.. guess who was the more effective player? Production is the end all, be all.

..and yes, i think Felix runs just as hard as anyone in the league. No question he's had a down year, but who wouldn't behind this line? I appriciate that he was out there playing and fighting through injuries all year for us.

Also, before i hear it.. this isn't a knock on Murray. I love the kid and think he'll be a very good back for us if he can stay healthy. But some of the fan reactions are just silly sometimes.

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4889135 said:
Actually, it is about production. If Murray rushes "harder" (in your subjective opinion) and gains 2 ypc, and Felix crawls for 4 ypc.. guess who was the more effective player? Production is the end all, be all.

..and yes, i think Felix runs just as hard as anyone in the league. No question he's had a down year, but who wouldn't behind this line? I appriciate that he was out there playing and fighting through injuries all year for us.

Also, before i hear it.. this isn't a knock on Murray. I love the kid and think he'll be a very good back for us if he can stay healthy. But some of the fan reactions are just silly sometimes.
I like both guys but the point I'm trying to get across is that Demarco bings about a certain set of intangibles that light a fire under this offense.

And if you want to look at solely production, Murray scored our first TD today.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4889144 said:
I like both guys but the point I'm trying to get across is that Demarco bings about a certain set of intangibles that light a fire under this offense.

And if you want to look at solely production, Murray scored our first TD today.

That's good.. Felix has 5 of them this season so far. Where's his praise? All i heard when Murray was out was that Felix and his 3 or 4 ypc weren't good enough, he wasn't scoring enough, he was a glass man (even though HE was the one playing through injuries while Murray was out half the year with a sprained foot, lol), etc, etc..

Its a double standard, is all im saying.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
that last drive he was two ankle tackles from housing it on both plays.

that being said... the effort he showed reaching the ball out to get the first down was beautiful.

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4889161 said:
That's good.. Felix has 5 of them this season so far. Where's his praise? All i heard when Murray was out was that Felix and his 3 or 4 ypc weren't good enough, he wasn't scoring enough, he was a glass man (even though HE was the one playing through injuries while Murray was out half the year with a sprained foot, lol), etc, etc..

Its a double standard, is all im saying.

I see where you're coming from but and for what it's worth I'm pretty sure Rat is now glassman. Anyway I too think they're two solid backs but like I said before where Demarco takes the edge is his ability to keep a play alive, find different holes and bump runs outside.

Things like that can get your offense on a roll, but to mock Murray's production/toughness is unfair because it 's pretty evident watching him run that he's about 50%

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4889186 said:
I see where you're coming from but and for what it's worth I'm pretty sure Rat is now glassman. Anyway I too think they're two solid backs but like I said before where Demarco takes the edge is his ability to keep a play alive, find different holes and bump runs outside.

Things like that can get your offense on a roll, but to mock Murray's production/toughness is unfair because it 's pretty evident watching him run that he's about 50%

Where was i mocking Murray's production or toughness?

FiveRings

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4889195 said:
Where was i mocking Murray's production or toughness?

Not mocking but putting Felix's efforts over his, I read that Murray thought his season was going to end due to the foot injury.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
FiveRings;4889209 said:
Not mocking but putting Felix's efforts over his, I read that Murray thought his season was going to end due to the foot injury.

Wasn't my intent.. i won't claim to know how tough any Cowboys player is one way or the other. The only point was to say Felix has been playing through injuries the past two years while Murray has missed considerable time this year. I don't think either should be referred to as "glassmen" though.. and i agree both are good backs. Murray has the potential to be very good if he can stay on the field.