Demarco Murray is a difference maker

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CoCo;4888638 said:
He was C-L-U-T-C-H late in the game.

I still can't figure out how he converted that third down. Dude was falling down a good five or six yards short of converting. I realize it was only a third-down conversion, but it was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in some time.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Murray did have a tough game but when we needed plays to be made to get drives going or in the final drive to get critical first downs and run out the clock before the FG it was all Murray. That last drive was pretty much all about DM. We haven't had a bad that is that good in clutch situations since 22. We've had some good backs and some that did make big plays late in games. Specifically Marion Barber. But I don't think Barber was the home run threat DM can be.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4890250 said:
I feel like Murray can get short yardage when the opposition knows the run is coming and stacks the box (i.e. the first touchdown and the last first down). I like Felix, but I don’t trust his push is obvious short yardage situations.

We've actually been one of the best short-yardage rushing teams this season, no matter who has run it (other than Tanner). Murray has converted 7 of 8 on third-and-2 or less, Felix has converted 4 of 5 and Dunbar has converted his only attempt. Tanner did not convert his only attempt. As a team, we're 12 out of 15 and had another conversion wiped out by a holding penalty.

Only three teams have been better on third-and-short this season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gryphon;4888560 said:
DeMarco Murray rushed 21 times for 53 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 22 yards as the Cowboys came from behind to knock off the Bengals 20-19 in Week 14.Murray's yards-per-carry average for the game doesn't look overly impressive, but he accounted for one of Dallas' two touchdowns in the game and ripped up several big runs late in the hard-fought contest to set up Dan Bailey's winning field goal from 40 yards out. If Murray didn't look back to 100 percent in last week's win over Philadelphia, he got closer against the Bengals. Murray will be a back-end RB2 when the Cowboys host the Steelers in Week 15.

Dec 9 - 4:34 PM
its clear that garrett trusts Murray and doesn't trust Jones. 21 carries shows the willingness to run, which forces the defense to respect it and opens up the passing game.

Nexx

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4890363 said:
We've actually been one of the best short-yardage rushing teams this season, no matter who has run it (other than Tanner). Murray has converted 7 of 8 on third-and-2 or less, Felix has converted 4 of 5 and Dunbar has converted his only attempt. Tanner did not convert his only attempt. As a team, we're 12 out of 15 and had another conversion wiped out by a holding penalty.

Only three teams have been better on third-and-short this season.

this is why its been so maddening when they throw on third an 1.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Nexx;4890413 said:
this is why its been so maddening when they throw on third an 1.

Perhaps the threat of a pass on third-and-short helps the run in these situations.