DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

reddyuta

Reaction score
just draft a guy who is similar to Zeke,he will be considerably cheaper..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I expect we'll find out what we think about Rod Smith as this unfolds. Had Smith not flashed a bit last year, I think we'd be all over Murray as a backup. But he's not here if it is as a #3

jujoboys

Reaction score
Right now we have Zeke and Rod Smith on the roster. If Demarco comes cheap and is willing to be a backup then I would take him. I'm not sold on Rod Smith. Smith just seems to be a straight line runner that tries to pound it but gets weak when he tries to pound it. I know Smith had a 4.2 average last year but he had one run for 45 yards which skewed the results drastically. 55 carries for 232 yards minus 1 carry for 45 yards equals 54 carries for 187 yards or 3.4 yards per carry.
I expect we'll find out what we think about Rod Smith as this unfolds. Had Smith not flashed a bit last year, I think we'd be all over Murray as a backup. But he's not here if it is as a #3
Actually, I was not impressed at all with Rod Smith. He appears to be a straight line runner that is hesitant to stick his head in the pile and finish. I saw several times where he ran the ball on short yardage plays where he spun at the point of attack and went back first instead of plowing forward. He has a great story but I think we need an upgrade behind Zeke.

Big_D

Reaction score
Much rather the team kept Rod Smith and a possible RB in the draft.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Much rather the team kept Rod Smith and a possible RB in the draft.
Money wise that would be the way to go. We need a back we can rely on. The reason I say that is because Goodell has it out for Dallas and already said one mistake by Zeke and he is banned for life. With all the W's Goodell has taken lately running back is a huge need.

OL, WR, LB, DL and safety are still more important but a back needs to be considered

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would bring in Murray and pair him with Zeke we could run, run, run

It doesn't have to be Murray, but I would really like us to get a serious RB to pair with Zeke, so that Zeke is our designated 3rd down back.

We shouldn't run Zeke into the ground, but we shouldn't take him off the field when a drive is on the line either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be Murray, but I would really like us to get a serious RB to pair with Zeke, so that Zeke is our designated 3rd down back.

We shouldn't run Zeke into the ground, but we shouldn't take him off the field when a drive is on the line either.
I don't think you can avoid running a running back into the ground. I think its going go happen regardless. And this team is at its best when the ball is in Zeke's hands. He needs as many touches as he can handle.