DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeah, how dare he get market value and then get traded and play for a team with no offensive identity. What a terrible person.

You guys take things too personally. I would have no problems with bringing him in if the price is right.
These people trip so hard man. This whole thread is petty. DeMarco was awesome while with us and, like you said, chose the wrong place to try and continue his career. I wish him the best.

I'd kick the tires. Him backing up Zeke is instant gravy.

Big_D

Reaction score
Money wise that would be the way to go. We need a back we can rely on. The reason I say that is because Goodell has it out for Dallas and already said one mistake by Zeke and he is banned for life. With all the W's Goodell has taken lately running back is a huge need.

OL, WR, LB, DL and safety are still more important but a back needs to be considered

Agreed.. there are plenty of needs in the draft, but I would like to see a change of pace RB brought in. Preferably someone who can be a threat in the passing game. Zeke, Smith and a draftee. Stay away from Demarco Murray and spend your resources elsewhere. I want to get younger, not older.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The real question here is: Where is Darius Jackson and when do we go get him?
LOL,,,our #6 would prolly just punk ol' former #29 down every chance he could anyway,,,but even #6 knows better than pulling that jive on DARIUS,,:starspin:

o_O

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be Murray, but I would really like us to get a serious RB to pair with Zeke, so that Zeke is our designated 3rd down back.

We shouldn't run Zeke into the ground, but we shouldn't take him off the field when a drive is on the line either.
I'm ok with drafting a guy, just feel like we need some other players. Running back is a need though

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Every other year Demarco!! Injuries 2013, great year 2014, injuries 2015, great year 2016, injuries 2017. 2018 should be an on year but injuries take their toll

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Demarco released. Cue all the I’ll bring him back to back up zeke.

Could see it.

Garrett really likes him and he didn't seem to be a problem player while here.

Morris will be gone so Dallas will be looking for another backup to Elliott (although Rod Smith might get the opportunity to be the primary backup).

Murray's numbers for last year mean that he'll likely get a deal similar to what Morris got from us. Dallas gave that to McFadden, then to Morris and now ...

I'm not saying I advocate bringing him back, but I think the team values having a proven backup.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Murray was great here, loved watching him play, one of the best...but he was just a little bit unlucky, I'm not sure he'd come back here though, he is a starter, maybe he'll go out to Oakland/Las Vegas and take a job there.

cern

Reaction score
Don't need him. Easy to get good rb's in mid rounds. Rod Smith can ball.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Went from being 1 of the best RBs in the league, to a traitor going to a division rival & they didn't know how to use him, to being bounced around & doing diddly squat. He made his bed & he can remain under it.

Traitor? For getting a bigger contract with another team? He's making a living like the rest of us, and people switch jobs to work for competitors of their previous employer all the time. The Cowboys had a choice - pay the big bucks to Murray or to Dez, and they chose Dez.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Murray was great here, loved watching him play, one of the best...but he was just a little bit unlucky, I'm not sure he'd come back here though, he is a starter, maybe he'll go out to Oakland/Las Vegas and take a job there.
#9 loved having him on the team,that's for sure.:starspin:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm ok with drafting a guy, just feel like we need some other players. Running back is a need though

Yeah, this seems like a good year to spend a mid round pick on a RB. Get an upgraded runner over Smith, and a guy who might develop into something.

We take another guy next year when Rod's contract is up. Maybe we hit on a guy and don't have to resign Zeke. If nothing else, we'll be playing to the strength of the team while only using mid round picks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, Demarco definitely stole from the Eagles and Titans, good for him..
Murray was 4th in rushing in 2016 with the titans, he stole? Chip kelley didn't use him correctly..simple.i wish Chip was still over there LOL

we ran the wheels off him, he was pretty good with the titans and a younger cheaper back is now taking his place..its the nfl
Doug martin is pretty damn good but like others have said draft a scat back type..this team needs speed at wr and RB to get get the offense going when it slows down and needs ply or two..

Rayman70

Reaction score
ON A 1 YEAR PROVE IT DEAL...SIGN HIM UP. He's no longer a starter in the league,thats clear. But he would be a BIG BIG upgrade BEHIND Zeke.His pass catching ability is key.