DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

Rayman70

Reaction score
We only have 1 back that can catch...that's Zeke. Makes tons of sense to get Murray on a 1 year deal IF THE PRICE IS FAIR. Adds another instant thing for defenses to have to defend.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Money wise that would be the way to go. We need a back we can rely on. The reason I say that is because Goodell has it out for Dallas and already said one mistake by Zeke and he is banned for life. With all the W's Goodell has taken lately running back is a huge need.

OL, WR, LB, DL and safety are still more important but a back needs to be considered
:eek::rolleyes::eek:

Damn! ,,,,I keep forgetting about the dark casing-liner cloud ever present in its hovering mode, placed by the inner decreed hand of evil:confused:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Don’t care he will be a FA, we got 10 picks, use one on a RB.

links18

Reaction score
Bring him back in the twilight of his career like they did with Hershel and Campo. Jerry is all sentimental like that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a good point but Scandrick is already the backup
No, he started the games he was healthy. They did take him off the field in Nickel but that was injury related.

Scandrick said after the season he was not going to accept being a backup. He acknowledged the young players were good and didn't seem to hold a grudge if they cut him, but he said directly that being a backup here is not an option he would consider. He probably thinks he'll get paid more than the 3M he is scheduled to make and he lives in CA in the offseason and probably wants to play out there.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No, he started the games he was healthy. They did take him off the field in Nickel but that was injury related.

Scandrick said after the season he was not going to accept being a backup. He acknowledged the young players were good and didn't seem to hold a grudge if they cut him, but he said directly that being a backup here is not an option he would consider. He probably thinks he'll get paid more than the 3M he is scheduled to make and he lives in CA in the offseason and probably wants to play out there.
Either way it's time to move on from Scandrick. Let these young corners develop even more. Rumors were Dallas wanted Trumaine Johnson so maybe they are looking for a vet. Not sure. Just hope they make some good moves

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either way it's time to move on from Scandrick. Let these young corners develop even more. Rumors were Dallas wanted Trumaine Johnson so maybe they are looking for a vet. Not sure. Just hope they make some good moves
Agents often start false rumors and linking free agents to the Cowboys is a common tactic.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Agreed.. there are plenty of needs in the draft, but I would like to see a change of pace RB brought in. Preferably someone who can be a threat in the passing game. Zeke, Smith and a draftee. Stay away from Demarco Murray and spend your resources elsewhere. I want to get younger, not older.

I don’t think our coaching staff knows what to do with a change of pace RB.. jet sweeps and bubble screens are the most imaginative things we do.. can’t even excecute a screen

jujoboys

Reaction score
Much rather the team kept Rod Smith and a possible RB in the draft.
Rod Smith is Troy Hambrick part 2. There is nothing special about the guy. When Zeke was suspended the only back that showed anything was Morris. I don't understand the hype on Smith.