Twitter: Demarco Murray media rounds - DP Show and The Fan - 01/29/15

Gameover

Reaction score
I see no reason why Murray cant buck the trend. People want to say he fell off towards the end of the year, but he had a plate and screws in his hand and still broke 100 against packers and Commanders at 5 yards a pop. My belief in him being able to buck the trend of rbs falling off after a high volume year combined with that fact that Murray says its not all about the money leads me to believe that this sign or no sign is a done deal. Sign him.

That being said the Cowboys better be prepared. I am not sure about Randle he could have Hambrick syndrome and I have no faith in Dunbar or the teams ability to effectively use Dunbar. Don't get me started on Ryan Williams. So if all this means we sign Murray and Draft a RB in what seems to be a draft suffused with rb talent, I say draft one.

Bottom line is, whoever is running the ball cant just be serviceable, the must be dominant.

The offenssive line fell off towards the end. Got their butts kicked by Philly and Indy.

I gave you this:http://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-lee-is-out-for-the-season.290861/#post-5562044

I'm going to give you this:Cowboys want win more than 9 games with out Demarco Murray. And if they sign AP, I will root against them!

This OL has become more overrated than Dez Bryant. Darn near impossible but it has.

Got its butt beat buy Det, Indy, Philly twice.. Anybody can run behind these guys!! Please.. Maybe against a stiff

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Lynch isn't going anywhere. He will either be a Seahawk or retire.

There has been tension between Lynch and Carroll since training camp and his hold out. I think his act might be wearing thin in Seattle. Who knows, but I bet they wouldn't mind replacing him with an equally productive back who is a + in the lockerroom.

Gameover

Reaction score
Got their butts kicked by the cardinals as well.

Buffalo's gonna kick their butt next season.

Very good offensive line, but don't let the all pros fool ya. They still lose their share of battles. And not just Leary or Free.

The Ravens line gave up only 19 sacks and turned a journeyman into a near 1300 yard rusher, they're the team that deserved 3(or more) all pro offensive linemen.

Miami too

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Agreed

History argues against resigning him and I really believe that AP is all but in the bag but I really like DMs attitude and work ethic

Though every time I hear someone say "it's not about the money " I know they're not being truthful

Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan?
Lol

I know what you mean--especially for RBs, and especially ones getting ready to land maybe their only really large contract.

But I do think that Murray would take slightly less to play here than, say, Jacksonville.

visionary

Reaction score
Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan?
Lol

I know what you mean--especially for RBs, and especially ones getting ready to land maybe their only really large contract.

But I do think that Murray would take slightly less to play here than, say, Jacksonville.

4 mill/yr x 4-5 years for DM
or
4 mill/yr x 2-3 years for AP

I like DM but will take AP who is lower risk and higher reward

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Man, it's weird for me on DM. There's probably not an attitude I like better on the team. *Maybe* Witten or Romo. The guy just wants to work, and he wants to win. And yet, I don't want to resign him because I think the odds say he's going to diminish and diminish quickly. Even at the $4-4.5M/year level, I'm lukewarm. At the same time, I really really like everything I ever hear out of the guy's mouth. And he walks the walk, too. Throw in the MMA stuff, and you know he's a bonafide badass. I feel guilting hoping the guy moves on.

He's a very articulate guy, so hearing this means a lot to me, as it isn't some flippant response to a question he will get until he finalizes a deal.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I see them as a player as well, but they also have to get a long term deal done with Luck and Hilton. Lot of cap money eaten up between those two.

If there is another team, it would probably be the Colts. Out of NFC, on a playoff tested team, rising QB , and fits in with his comment of wanting to win a SB....

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Everybody keeps talking about the mileage, the mileage, the mileage, based on one season with a high workload. Before this season, the talk was all about him being injury-prone. Well guess what? The one season that the team leans on him as a workhorse back, he makes it thru the whole season and leads the NFL in yards by almost 500 yds. He doesn't take unnecessary hits, although he does deliver them. By all accounts, he is the quintessential teammate and "RKG". He sets the tone for the team. He needs to be brought back, period. Not at ALL costs, but the mindset needs to be what can the FO do to bring him back at a reasonable number. The question becomes what's reasonable. Something in the range of 5-6m per for 3-4 years seems to be the magic number and fair.

Anybody thinking that the combination and level of production, leadership, and pass protection he brings can be replaced simply by penciling any old FA or highly touted draft pick in is fooling themselves. I say sign D-Mo and ride him til the wheels look like they may be falling off. Right now the arrow is pointing up.

Amen to the pass protection. Murray can be filled in for by Randle/Williams/Dunbar... not at same level of productivity... but one thing for certain Tony Romo can't as we have seen this last year...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
4 mill/yr x 4-5 years for DM
or
4 mill/yr x 2-3 years for AP

I like DM but will take AP who is lower risk and higher reward

Where did you hear those numbers for AP? Why would he leave the paycheck he's getting now for that deal?
If he did that just shows how dumb the guy really is.

erod

Reaction score
Love how Murray runs inside and how he protects Romo.

But I hate the way he carries the ball and fumbles at the most inopportune times, over and over.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
If the Vikings release him and he is willing to come to Dallas, I'm sure he's gonna be a Cowboy. No one calls Jerry and tells him straight out that he wants to play for the Cowboys and it doesn't happen. I think Jerry will make it work and we can enjoy a one two combination of Murray and AP touting the ball. That will make the entire NFL shiver in fear.

Shades of Walker/Dorsett....

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Our window of contention is until Romo hangs it up. And then the hunt begins. That's reality.

Also you don't really go bankrupt at the rb position. The league is literally filled with guys who could run effectively behind our line. But if there is an area you go bankrupt at it's rb.

We released Warr because we didn't think he could stay healthy and produce at his cap number.

It's the same reason we won't cut Witten. Because he produces at his cap number. Age is one factor there. Not the only factor.

You know like how prone to injury and how effective a player you are. Anyone using history as a guide post would state Murray is more of a risk in either of these areas that AD.

Knows the system and the line? That's what you're going with?

I guess Forsett sucked this year because he didn't know his lineman. Oh wait...

This ain't Madden, buddy. Your opinions on this are not rooted in reality or logic, sorry.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dez is the Irvin of this team when it comes to cheering people on the sidelines. No doubt about that.

When Irvin signed his contract he didn't ask for big money. He just wanted a Superbowl and the money part was of secondary priority. Now Murray seems like that money irrelevant and he just wants that superbowl title just like Irvin. Thus I'm putting Murray in the category with Irvin in where their heart is at.

On the otherhand, Dez wants big money. He wants Calvin Johnson money and he even told the top brass in Dallas "don't test my loyalty." If it came down to money or superbowl for Bryant, it would seem he wants his money more than earning that ring. I love Bryant to death. But when was the last time he mentioned he wanted a superbowl ring?

Murray has the right attitude for this team. We need more of him to show that money is everything. Having that superbowl ring is much important. That type of attitude is contagious and can go a long ways in the locker room. Same with what Irvin did. He put his money where his mouth is.

What the **** did I just read?