DeMarco Murray Not Expected to Play Thursday vs Commanders

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
November 20th, 2012
Matt Loede
Posted in Injuries, News

It appears that once again the Cowboys will not have the services of running back DeMarco Murray Thursday when they line up on Thanksgiving against the rival Commanders.

Murry is still nursing a foot injury, and did not participate in Monday’s practice and are not expected to play in Thursday’s game.

Murray has missed the last five games and his backup, Felix Jones, was limited in the Monday workout because of a knee ailment.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dang. Injury a little worse than initially thought.

If they had known the time table was going to be this long, he would have been a perfect candidate for the IR exemption. Although he would definitely have to sit out for 1 more game (maybe 2, not sure), its possible that he sit out anyway.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I said it when we drafted him, This guy is made of glass. He was ALWAYS injured in college. That's why he slipped to the 3rd round. Not sure why JJ thought he would suddenly be an iron man in the NFL.

Illini88228

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4851507 said:
I said it when we drafted him, This guy is made of glass. He was ALWAYS injured in college. That's why he slipped to the 3rd round. Not sure why JJ thought he would suddenly be an iron man in the NFL.

It's called taking a chance on someone with talent. Every team does it. It's not that complicated.

DMAC

Reaction score
He's out for the year. No great loss anyway. Considering his performance so far this year, I would just a soon have Felix.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IAmLegend;4851507 said:
I think he missed like 6 games in college (I could be a bit off though), that isn't exactly made of glass. With his talent, he is definitely worth a 3rd rd gamble.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4851507 said:

Funny, he managed to break pretty much every offensive record at OU -- he must be REALLY good considering he was ALWAYS injured in college, huh?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
DMAC;4851516 said:
He's out for the year. No great loss anyway. Considering his performance so far this year, I would just a soon have Felix.

Remind me to never hire you as my GM, your talent evaluation leaves a lot to be desired.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4851507 said:

2007 - Suffered a dislocated knee cap in game No. 11 at Texas Tech, then missed the remainder of the season and the subsequent spring workouts

2008 - Played entire season, but, suffered hamstring injury on opening kickoff of Big 12 Championship and missed BCS Championship game

2009 - No injuries

2010 - No injuries

Did I miss something? How was he "ALWAYS" injured in college? He missed two regular season games in his first two seasons, getting hurt in only the last game or two each season.

I don't understand why people say "injury prone" either. How can anyone say that a certain player is prone to injury more than any other, it's about bad luck mostly. Unless a player is not conditioned to play, that is a different story, but from what I understand Murray is a work out warrior.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo;4851530 said:
2007 - Suffered a dislocated knee cap in game No. 11 at Texas Tech, then missed the remainder of the season and the subsequent spring workouts

2008 - Played entire season, but, suffered hamstring injury on opening kickoff of Big 12 Championship and missed BCS Championship game

2009 - No injuries

2010 - No injuries

Did I miss something? How was he "ALWAYS" injured in college? He missed two regular season games in his first two seasons, getting hurt in only the last game or two each season.

I don't understand why people say "injury prone" either. How can anyone say that a certain player is prone to injury more than any other, it's about bad luck mostly. Unless a player is not conditioned to play, that is a different story, but from what I understand Murray is a work out warrior.

Please stop with all the facts and logic.

lwehlers

Reaction score
another wasted draft pick by our front office. murray has so much talent but cannot stay healthy. his injury has held this team back this year so far. as bad as the oline is he still the best rb on this team in creating his own yards.

links18

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo;4851530 said:

Yeah, you are right. "Injury prone" is largely a myth. Its one of those "logical error" things. "So and so was injured before, so he must get injured again." The fact is that a previously injured player is no more likely to be injured than one who hasn't been injured before, unless the injury results from an incomplete recovery from the previous injury.

That said, Murray is made of glass. :lmao:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
IAmLegend;4851507 said:

Blabbity Blah. I said it during the draft...yadda yadda.....

Seriously, just stop. He was not always injured in college. Please take yourself to google and see how many games Murray missed in college.

BTW: Spoiler alert.... it was (5) in 4 years.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
links18;4851538 said:
Yeah, you are right. "Injury prone" is largely a myth. Its one of those "logical error" things. "So and so was injured before, so he must get injured again." The fact is that a previously injured player is no more likely to be injured than one who hasn't been injured before, unless the injury results from an incomplete recovery from the previous injury.

That said, Murray is made of glass. :lmao:

Largely a myth. Try "totally." If people stopped and realized how *****' stupid that sounds, they would slap themselves in the face in shame. Some people will just hear any media-generated crapola and buy it hook, line and sinker. SHEEP!!

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Dallas;4851546 said:
Blabbity Blah. I said it during the draft...yadda yadda.....

Seriously, just stop. He was not always injured in college. Please take yourself to google and see how many games Murray missed in college.

BTW: Spoiler alert.... it was (5) in 4 years.

See my post on page 1, I included only regular season games (2). He missed the 2007 Conference Championship game, and was injured on the opening play of 2008 Big 12 Champ Game. Plus he missed the BCS games in each season 2007 and 2008.

Total of 5 regular season and post season games. Is that right?

ALWAYS?...so overblown. He is an awesome running back, best since ES, if he had a descent line to run behind he would be unstoppable!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
GoCowboysGo;4851554 said:
ALWAYS?...so overblown. He is an awesome running back, best since ES, if he had a descent line to run behind he would be unstoppable!

Oh, he's got a "descent" line alright -- they're descending from mediocre all the way down to piss poor.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Maybe the team is saving him from coming back to soon?

IMO, perhaps the team is thinking that with some (hopefully) games coming up that the Cowboys SHOULD win, that if they do and can make it to the dance, that is where Demarco will be needed, big time.

Anyways, you could probably put Emmitt in his prime behind this oline and he would get as many yards as Felix does now!!

:mad: