DeMarco Murray Not Expected to Play Thursday vs Commanders

links18

Reaction score
5Stars;4851564 said:
Maybe the team is saving him from coming back to soon?

IMO, perhaps the team is thinking that with some (hopefully) games coming up that the Cowboys SHOULD win, that if they do and can make it to the dance, that is where Demarco will be needed, big time.

Anyways, you could probably put Emmitt in his prime behind this oline and he would get as many yards as Felix does now!!

:mad:

This team is not in position to save people in games we "should win." If it is medically possible for him to play this week, and he gives us the best shot of winning, he needs to be out there Thursday.

links18

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4851552 said:
Largely a myth. Try "totally." If people stopped and realized how *****' stupid that sounds, they would slap themselves in the face in shame. Some people will just hear any media-generated crapola and buy it hook, line and sinker. SHEEP!!

Well, before you know it, some medical professional (there is one who posts on here) well tell you that some people are more prone to injury because they have "weak connective tissue" or something like that--so in order to avoid their wrath, I used "largely."

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
OK lets pretend Murray is not injury prone even though he has missed a 1/4 of the season in his first two years. Felix's contract is up, who objects to spending 3 or 4 on a running back next year?

DMAC

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4851525 said:
Remind me to never hire you as my GM, your talent evaluation leaves a lot to be desired.

He's been dreadful this year, even when healthy. You can't even dispute that. I wish he would be healthy and be a force, but I don't ever see it happening.

Boys122

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the reaction from some when Murray comes back from injury and goes on a rampage.

Just imagine how good Murray would be with a good OL.

Boys122

Reaction score
Let's see, Felix Jones in 5 years has 544 atts for 2,647 yards and 11 tds

Murray in 2 years has 239 atts for 1,227 yards and 3 tds.

My money is on Murray. He's more of a complete back with better vision.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4851524 said:
Funny, he managed to break pretty much every offensive record at OU -- he must be REALLY good considering he was ALWAYS injured in college, huh?

:laugh2:

TTexasTT

Reaction score
DMAC;4851609 said:
He's been dreadful this year, even when healthy. You can't even dispute that. I wish he would be healthy and be a force, but I don't ever see it happening.
I dispute that.

I really want to think that you are joking.
How anyone would choose to stick with Felix Jones is beyond me. Murray is clearly the better back. Hes injured, as time goes by and you watch the NFL it becomes clear that these things happen. Unfortunate, but players get hurt.

Gaede

Reaction score
Players get injured...When Murray comes back, we'll all remember why he's our starter. We do need to draft a) next year though as backup@

DavidAK

Reaction score
IAmLegend;4851507 said:
I said it when we drafted him, This guy is made of glass. He was ALWAYS injured in college. That's why he slipped to the 3rd round. Not sure why JJ thought he would suddenly be an iron man in the NFL.
Wasn't Adrian Peterson coming off a big injury when the Vikings drafted him?

It was a solid draft pick in my opinion. I would rather have an injury prone Murray v.s an injury prone Felix + anyone else.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BAZ;4851604 said:
OK lets pretend Murray is not injury prone even though he has missed a 1/4 of the season in his first two years. Felix's contract is up, who objects to spending 3 or 4 on a running back next year?

Not me.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i want to see more dunbar.

he's on the verge of breaking one.

also, has anyone noticed how that little guy can move a pile?

TTexasTT

Reaction score
lane;4851695 said:
i want to see more dunbar.

he's on the verge of breaking one.

also, has anyone noticed how that little guy can move a pile?

I wouldnt mind giving him a few carries but I havent seen anything great about him in his limited time.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
BAZ;4851604 said:

Rather use it on DL since most likely our 1 & 2 will be used on OL.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
TTexasTT;4851657 said:
I dispute that.

I really want to think that you are joking.
How anyone would choose to stick with Felix Jones is beyond me. Murray is clearly the better back. Hes injured, as time goes by and you watch the NFL it becomes clear that these things happen. Unfortunate, but players get hurt.

Remember he said I don't ever see. Obviously true for his senses on reality.

links18

Reaction score
What the heck happened to Tanner? he hasn't seen the field much at all the last two games.

juck

Reaction score
Time to get another RB this guy cant be depended on. Always hurt. He has been out what 5? games for a foot?