Twitter: DeMarco Murray on Hudson Houck

Hoofbite

Reaction score
1800 was the number he used. And according to 95% of the posts here after DMC was signed, McFadden was worse than "everyone".

You didn't answer the question. Why did you compare Murray's total in one year to the team total the following year?

MCMetal69

Reaction score
You didn't answer the question. Why did you compare Murray's total in one year to the team total the following year?

In 2015 , McFadden gained 1,089 yards even though he started only 10 games that season..........................Had he been allowed to start all 16 games , he probably would have had 1,500 - 1,600 yards..................That's not too shabby , especially when you look at the QB situation that godawful year.......................

Kaiser

Reaction score

I did, read the thread. He LOL'ed at the idea Dallas could replace 1800 yards rushing and they did - for about one tenth of the cost. Dallas finished 9th in Rushing Yards that year despite playing horrible QBs. Regardless of whether you want to split hairs, every non-ax grinder agrees Dallas made the right move with DeMarco.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didn't say 2015 was better, but do you think the DeMarco would have made it 9 milion dollars better? With Brandon Weeden or Sam Cassell playing QB that year?

Would DeMarco have even stayed healthy? He sure didn't in Philly in 2015 because he only started 8 games.
Well we will never know how it would have turned out.
Each of us has our own speculation about that.

I think had they signed murray Romo would not have got hurt and he would have probably stayed healthy.
All events that happened would have been changed.
The thing is JG and coaches and Tony would have all wanted to run same offense again, and would have.

After dumping murray the coaches felt they had to alter the offense. and that when things came off the rails.
It would be worth paying murray 8 mil a year or 9 had they got to nfc champ game or SB in 2015.

And if not, if he got hurt or Romo went down in some other game that money spent on murray would not be the only
bad deal they ever made.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't subscribe to the whole "contract year" label for anyone. It makes no sense. Why would anyone think he'd be payed more after one good year than four good years?

That said, people need to stop talking like Murray was the GOAT.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?
I'd take the money. It lasts longer than a football career....in most cases unless your LT. :)

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'd take the money. It lasts longer than a football career....in most cases unless your LT.

Yeah, every fan of every team talks every year about a player signing at a discount because of the team location, family ties, coaches, etc. And 99.99 percent of the time the player signs the offer for the most money.