Twitter: DeMarco Murray on Hudson Houck

dckid

Reaction score
Apples to Oranges, lol. I was in no way comparing him to Smith. Good lord. Just putting Murray's accolades out there for those who hate him.
I hear ya, but Murray always left us fans wanting more. There was a reason even JG and Jerry let him walk.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Agreed

I know you and I are on the opposite end of pretty much everything but we agree here.

He bolted to a hated rival for not that much more than he was offered to stay here, and for less than what he was offered elsewhere (Oakland, I believe)

Loved him in Dallas and I know it's a business but he burned a lot of bridges on the way out the door.

You guys are ridiculous sometimes.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
These 2 possessions sort of highlight how snake bitten the team really is...our last of the first half and opening of the 2nd half..

Last possession of 1st half -- beautiful, time consuming drive and then Witten ends up 1 yard short. The refs give a favorable sport right in front of Garrett who rushes to call timeout instead of trying to get the offense rushing to the line to take advantage of the 1st down OR make the officials stop the clock for a replay. During the timeout the first down gets reversed because it was nowhere close to be a 1st down, which Garrett should have known. Romo then fumbles the snap on 3rd down and just heaves the ball out of bounds. Bailey misses the kick but a penalty on Dallas gives him another try and then the ball is kicked too low so it is blocked. Rodgers is able to complete a deep pass along the sidelines and GB gets their own FG.

1st possession of 2nd half - Murray fumbles

That's the Cowboys for you.

I remember having a very foreboding feeling about the way the first half ended. Like we had missed a golden opportunity to totally seize control of that game.
that was a big momentum swing.

And then Murray's fumble when it looked like the perfect play call at the perfect time against their defense...

I just remember thinking exactly what you said. Snakebit. That's a pretty good description.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Respectfully. I was at the game. I know that holds no merit here, but from my point of view there were at least 3 defensive players in the range of stopping Murray within the 40-50 yard line. Not including the safety 20 yards away.

It's also worth noting that the picture you provided is after he fumbled the ball. He's looking at the ball. Prior to that, the defense was closing in. When I get a chance I'll dig up a different picture just for perspective. Now that all being said, Murray never had the top end on long runs to maintain break away speed for 60 yards. Or, as you said if he made it to the 10 - 50 yards.

that's fair. Yes the picture was taken just post fumble but not long after.

I agree with you that Murray wasn't going to run away from everyone and that Dix had an angle on him.
You are I are on the same page with regards to DM's top line speed.

Same time, if it's DM and a safety in the open field one on one, there's a part of me that thinks DM runs him over and leaves a cleat print right in the middle of his chest on the way to the end zone also. The man wasn't the fastest guy ever but he was one of the best at finishing runs in recent years.

CB61

Reaction score
Well whether we like it or not he's back let's hope he can put some fire back in this line and get them playing right but there's the same that goes but didn't get broke overnight it may not get it fixed overnight I will take slightly better over the way they've been playing at this point. I still say though until Jerry Jones evaluates the head coach and decisions and seriously considers the detriment to this team that he has caused along with the OC and gets a real head coach in here we're not going far! Of course I don't know what coach would want to work for Jerry Jones and his meddling

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
that's fair. Yes the picture was taken just post fumble but not long after.

I agree with you that Murray wasn't going to run away from everyone and that Dix had an angle on him.
You are I are on the same page with regards to DM's top line speed.

Same time, if it's DM and a safety in the open field one on one, there's a part of me that thinks DM runs him over and leaves a cleat print right in the middle of his chest on the way to the end zone also. The man wasn't the fastest guy ever but he was one of the best at finishing runs in recent years.
Here's what I sort of saw my friend:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Agreed

I know you and I are on the opposite end of pretty much everything but we agree here.

He bolted to a hated rival for not that much more than he was offered to stay here, and for less than what he was offered elsewhere (Oakland, I believe)

Loved him in Dallas and I know it's a business but he burned a lot of bridges on the way out the door.

what we were offering? loserdom? what do offer players when they can walk and earn rings?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Here's what I sort of saw my friend:

Can't play the video on my phone for some reason

And were you on the sidelines or something?
not asking that sarcastically you just seem to be hinting that you might have been at field level

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Philly guaranteed him 21 Milliion and Dallas offered 12 Million guaranteed. This is a lot more, especially for a 2nd contract RB that already had missed considerable time to injury and who had been run into the ground the previous season.

DeMarco wanted to return and signaled it many times, but Dallas wasn't willing to go above their number - and clearly Dallas was right.

We dump players for business reasons. Players move on for business reasons.

I'm happy that DeMarco took a lot of Eagle money for no production.

And generally, I'm happy when our guys get big contracts elsewhere. That only makes the Cowboys a more attractive place to other players. Jerry should put a statue of Laurent Robinson outside the office where he negotiates contracts.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He had 1 good season with us after us drafting him in the 3rd round and being injured every year until his contract year. Like I said **** demarco murray
Man,I had forgotten all about the Facts with that x#29 , thank you for that memory refresh, cuz' once he'd rolled to Philly?,,, he was as long gone & dead to me as that thanksgiving day turkey my Mother cooked up back in 1971,,, Demarco actually only did put out his footballish capabilities in his contract year of '14' Ha! I recall being less than impressed & kinda pissed off about midway thru that season now,come to think about it,,,man,I guess ( subconsciously) it's why I'd kinda' grinded sparks off the #90 last season for his elevated footballing display He was putting outo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

waving monkey

Reaction score
....lol.. what did DM do to you guys? He played well for Dallas. He's chiming in his 2 cents. I'd rather him say that, then Houck a fleabag, downtrodden, piece of baby-wipe.
baseless hate is what drove me into the brotherhood of homerism.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Let's just keep rolling out relics from the 90s until something sticks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

not asking that sarcastically you just seem to be hinting that you might have been at field level
Did the message about the video being blocked come up? If that's what happened, just click where it reads, "watch it on YouTube".

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Murray is the definition of contract year player.
Murray was significantly under-utilized for the majority of his time here in Dallas as the Cowboys would abandon the run game and become pass happy. He had some injuries that slowed him, but even when healthy, the team didn't rely on him as much as they should have. It took a serious injury to our QB before the team changed their pass happy ways and we actually started winning. Romo even admitted during a broadcast last year he would pass out of the running look near the goal line to pad his TD stats and would play dumb when Murray would come over and tell him it should have been a run play. Murray was only a contract year player because that's the only year they used him properly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Yeah man, I was there. Just got lucky to be honest. Typically the view isn't that fantastic.
But like you and others have said, it was one play. Hardly anything to point blame. But, it is a different perspective. Most fans just hate on Murray like he could have Conner McGregor'd into the end zone.
Funny note, I was the only one in my group who didn't go to piss.

Field level, but up a bit.