Demarco was calling out our plays from the sideline

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For one we did lowball him. Second we told him to test free agency to see his worth as if we may match an offer but we didn't. Let's look at his contract 5 years 40 million 18 million guaranteed. In my book Murray is worth 15-20 million guarantee. Murray had offers from other teams willing to pay him more!!! But for some reason we went cheap and it back fired on us.

Not only did it backfired on us we failed to replace Murray and stuck with Randle as our lead back in the beginning of the year. The RBBC system proved to be ineffective until we started giving it to McFadden - who eventually came the workhorse and voila! we got our run game back in order.

The FO was a failure on how they dealt with Murray and the runningback situation. If they left everything alone and gave Murray a fair contract, I think our chances this year would have been better.

This is just another case of Dallas finding defeat in the mist of victory. Losing is habitual and I don't think they finally realized how to win.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Karma for what? The guy was a free agent, he's doesn't owe his life to the Dallas Cowboys because we drafted him.

Exactly...............Dallas went cheap and didn't want to sign him, that was their decision.............don't see what the big deal is.

I love it when fans get pissed about guys leaving for more money when 99% of us would change employers tomorrow if offered a huge raise from a competitor.

Like Joe Fan who makes $40,000 a year is going to turn down a job offer from a competitor down the street for $60,000.....................yet talks crap about pro athletes.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's always funny how this offense is called poorly defined despite it being one of the best offenses year after year since JG has been involved.

But newhen has Alexander let facts get in the way of a good rant eh?

The offense being good since JG has arrived has absolutely nothing to do with JG

Garrett's system + Romo = great offense

Garrett's system - Romo = cartoon coloring book

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Is this really calling out plays?

Situational football and the knowledge that a team doesn't stretch the field much could lead you to, "watch the hitch".

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
VIDEO: https://vine.co/v/elL1dMiPIUM/embed

The Eagles saved their season this past Sunday with a win over the Dallas Cowboys, and running back DeMarco Murray might have helped them in more ways than one.

While he finished with eight carries for 83 yards and a touchdown during the game, Murray also seemed to help out the defense.

As you can see in the video above, via NFL.com, Murray is calling out the Cowboys' plays on offense before they run them, tipping off Eagles cornerback Nolan Carroll what route the receiver is running.

More here:
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/11/watch_demarco_murray_was_calling_out_the_dallas_co.html

giphy.gif

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yeah they never had any intent on re-signing him IMO. From the minute they ran him to the ground and didn't give Dunbar and Randle many carries as if they wanted to save them for the next season.

Said at the time...and will say it until the cows come home. RB was the most mismanaged position on the team last year. If you got the others involved, Murray gets at most 1400 yards and you could have had him at the price you wanted. Not only did you allow him to become unaffordable, I also think Murray wore down the last 6 games of the season/playoffs. You also would have gotten a better "look" at Randle. Just amateurish how it was handled last year.

I also thin the front office and coaching staff was NOT on the same page when it came to Murray. I don't think Jason had much use for Randle....and Jerry was dead set on not paying Murray and forcing Garrett to hand Randle the job this offseason. Micheal Irvin told ANYONE who would listen this offseason....that letting Murray go was a mistake. We have overpaid for players who have NEVER busted a grape for us (Roy Williams, Brandon Carr etc....) we have overpaid players who we THINK are going to be good Tyrone Crawford.....but we just let the NFL rushing champ....who basically ran for 2000 yards....walk right out the door. with an offer for a 1300 yard back.....which again....he would have been...had he NOT been worked like a rented mule!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Here's the gameplan and I don't have to be a player for the Cowboys to tell you.

First Down Run.
2nd Down Run if short yardage situation, pass out of empty backfield if long situation.
3rd down run if less than 3 yards, 3rd down pass out of empty backfield if greater than 3 yards.
Punt.

There should be a depressed agreement button

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What's it say when you leave a team for its rival? He was given a fair offer and still went to the eagles. He chose the almighty dollar over everything. He had a better chance at a ring with the Cowboys because he fit the scheme better here. He didn't think about endorsements and everything else that comes with being a SB champ in Dallas. The only reason he was offered that amount is because chip wanted him away from Dallas. Loyalty. It's a powerful word that should mean more than it does. It would be different if Jerry lowballed him.

24 mil to 42 mil
12 mil guaranteed to 20 mil G
Big difference so jerry did low ball him, first offer was 4 mil a year and probably 8 G.
plus his college roomate was telling him to come to philly and get what he is worth.
Bradford is the one that made it all happen, he talked murray into it and chip.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It didn't exactly help. They still put up 27 points...I don't care enough to get mad about this. It's what former teammates are supposed to do. And if we grabbed somebody off the TB practice squad tomorrow, I'd expect him to give up ALL the goods about the Bucs game plan.

I agree with what your saying but shouldn't this team have some new wrinkles in place so it isn't so obvious?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It didn't exactly help. They still put up 27 points...I don't care enough to get mad about this. It's what former teammates are supposed to do. And if we grabbed somebody off the TB practice squad tomorrow, I'd expect him to give up ALL the goods about the Bucs game plan.

+1.

Everybody does this and that's what happens when you lose. It makes for a story of 'the opponent outwitted the team.' It's not like they stopped Dez or Beasley either and the Eagles are one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. I'm certain that he didn't get every route correct and that there were times that the corner probably couldn't hear him.

And yes, this is far different from the Patriot who took actual signals and appear to have messed with radio communications and essentially getting to know what the other team was doing before the play.

YR