News: DeMarcus Lawrence Appeal

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think it will be huge.

I think we are in for 3 shootouts in a row in the first 3 weeks.

the sooner he is back the better.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please be true! This could be the difference between a win/loss in a game.

brymatt94

Reaction score
I really think Lawrence has matured, this wasn't him being irresponsible.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why would it only be reduced to 2 games. If he is guilty it's 4 games, if he is not it's 0 games. What am I missing??

The league will do anything to save face, during his appeal process they'll likely offer him a reduced suspension if he drops the appeal.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would it only be reduced to 2 games. If he is guilty it's 4 games, if he is not it's 0 games. What am I missing??

I guess maybe they could argue that yes, you made a mistake and had a prescription but nevertheless it was on the banned list and you did not seek out confirmation from your union or the league office?

Just spit balling here............

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The league will do anything to save face, during his appeal process they'll likely offer him a reduced suspension if he drops the appeal.

gotcha. I used Duane brown as an example yesterday. his went from 10 games to 0. If DLaw has a prescription that was approved by a team doc, then it should be 0. I guess we will see. Two games would be good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hey, and when the Cowboys play New England, he can snicker when Brady comes onto the field...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I thought OScandrick had his suspension changed from PED to a substance abuse violation and that carried no suspension. He missed two games while the rules were being changed but he and Welker were fully re-instated.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I thought OScandrick had his suspension changed from PED to a substance abuse violation and that carried no suspension. He missed two games while the rules were being changed but he and Welker were fully re-instated.

It will be interesting. Duane Brown went from 10 to 0, because he was able to show receipts of all the red meat he ate in Mexico.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It will be interesting. Duane Brown went from 10 to 0, because he was able to show receipts of all the red meat he ate in Mexico.

It's all about the timing....if players take amphetamines or Ritalin during the season it is considered a PED violation.....if they take it during the off-season without a prescription it will be a substance abuse violation.....if DLawrence didn't have any other substance abuse violations he would get 0 games for a 1st time offense...

LittleD

Reaction score

Scandrick was guilty and had his 4 game suspension reduced to 2 games. Lawrence is likely to get the same treatment.

jrumann59

Reaction score
not knowing the full details. But I will say this when people expect the NFL or any other sports league to police their own you would expect each case to be taken on a case by case basis. If he had a prescription and it was legit then really the NFL should say well it looks good but you will be on probation for a year with random testing if you are clean at that point then this never happened. The NFL policies while they look good on the surface are basically sledgehammers and not scalpels.

jnday

Reaction score
If the meds were for his back injury., him being suspended is wrong. Posters seems happy to see it reduced to two games , but two genes is still not right. Goodell is so arrogant with his power , that he would never consider that he could be wrong. Just out of curiosity , dies anybody know of any cases that he admitted to being wrong and cleared the suspensions? From the cases I have seen, if charges are brought against a player , he is guilty in Goodell's eyes. It is pretty much a done deal after he assumes that a player is guilty. He is not fair with his decisions at all .