News: DeMarcus Lawrence Appeal

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here. People were jumping the gun and calling him a junkie and now it seems like he's more responsible than we thought. But if he's suspended for 4 games then isn't this his 4th failed test? And I don't remember hearing anything about the first 3 times.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Scandrick was guilty and had his 4 game suspension reduced to 2 games. Lawrence is likely to get the same treatment.

OScandrick had his suspension overturned to 0 games but had already missed 2 games before they changed the rule.

His violation was changed from a PED violation to a substance abuse failure. Since it was his first offense it carried no suspension.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm a little confused here. People were jumping the gun and calling him a junkie and now it seems like he's more responsible than we thought. But if he's suspended for 4 games then isn't this his 4th failed test? And I don't remember hearing anything about the first 3 times.
No because it was classified as a PED suspension which is automatically four games on the first incident. Substance abuse is the classification you are thinking about.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mates! What is wrong with this picture?
Rejoicing that one of our meatheads MIGHT have a suspension reduced. I don't buy most stories of OTC medications inadvertently injested. Is this the new model for pro sports? Immature athletes getting 2nd and third chances and the fans and NFL looking the other way as if nothing is amiss?
Rhetorical questions, yes, but something to think about. I say play the players who are careful with their ahem, recreational lives, and stay on the straight and narrow and wish the idiots a good rest if suspended -- but without the adulation.
Tough love for the twentysomethings who missed out on being raised correctly as children.
And don't egg the house; I have security cameras and the Bobbies in Farmers Branch have been bribed to give my neighborhood extra patrols.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If the meds were for his back injury., him being suspended is wrong. Posters seems happy to see it reduced to two games , but two genes is still not right. Goodell is so arrogant with his power , that he would never consider that he could be wrong. Just out of curiosity , dies anybody know of any cases that he admitted to being wrong and cleared the suspensions? From the cases I have seen, if charges are brought against a player , he is guilty in Goodell's eyes. It is pretty much a done deal after he assumes that a player is guilty. He is not fair with his decisions at all .

If they were meds for his back injury, then suspend the NFL trainers who should have known better, not the athletes who, at best, are at a 7th-grade reading and comprehension level.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If he was supposedly given an amphetamine for back rehab, that's inappropriate use of that medication.
Adderall and related drugs have no role in musculoskeletal injury or rehab.

Yes, doc, Ibuprophen all the way!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If he was supposedly given an amphetamine for back rehab, that's inappropriate use of that medication.

and if it is in-season amphetamines are still considered PEDs just like Ritalin or Adderall

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I believe it's for two separate issues. amphetamine for ADD and another banned substance for back issue.

Eddie

Reaction score
Too many clenbuterol laced burgers when he visited Cancun.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess maybe they could argue that yes, you made a mistake and had a prescription but nevertheless it was on the banned list and you did not seek out confirmation from your union or the league office?

Just spit balling here............

Spit it at Goodell please....:laugh:

Pretty much what I was thinking too.

dstew60105

Reaction score
If the meds were for his back injury., him being suspended is wrong. Posters seems happy to see it reduced to two games , but two genes is still not right. Goodell is so arrogant with his power , that he would never consider that he could be wrong. Just out of curiosity , dies anybody know of any cases that he admitted to being wrong and cleared the suspensions? From the cases I have seen, if charges are brought against a player , he is guilty in Goodell's eyes. It is pretty much a done deal after he assumes that a player is guilty. He is not fair with his decisions at all .

Totally agree. Why suspend him if he was properly prescribed the medications. Shouldn't his health take priority over the NFL and it's out-dated policy.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Which by itself still doesn't answer a whole lot of questions. If appropriately prescribed, nothing is actually "banned". Hell, they give players narcotics during games if they sustain an injury.

There is the possibility that he does take an ADHD medication but never disclosed it or went through the waiver process. Why he wouldn't have done so would be a mystery, but it would explain the reduction in suspension when he should probably have no suspension at all if the medications were prescribed appropriately.

If he can provide documentation that he has been using this medication under the supervision of a legitimate provider for a long time, I can see why they'd shoot for 2 games. If he can't, I'm not sure what argument he can make to earn a reduction.

erod

Reaction score
This would be good news, although it seems it should be either 4 games or 0. Either he did something wrong, or he didn't.

Gregory is irrelevant. Does anyone doubt he toking as we speak? I feel a Josh Gordon future for that clown.