DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
What I know for sure:

1. If he resigns, the forum will say we overpaid.
2. If he holds out, the forum will say why we are being cheap.
3. If he gets traded, the forum will say we got ripped off.
4. If he signs somewhere as a FA next year, the forum will say the third round comp pick is insufficient and we could have traded him for more.

Choose your own CZ adventure.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
"Disrespected" would be not even tagging him and letting him walk. They're willing to pay him $20 million this season, if nothing else. There's also time to work out a longer contract.

Where do I sign up for that sort of disrespect?
You think differently than these players.

They feel like this is happening.

shvMaV7.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Disrespected" would be not even tagging him and letting him walk. They're willing to pay him $20 million this season, if nothing else. There's also time to work out a longer contract.

Where do I sign up for that sort of disrespect?

The line starts behind Crawford, Hurns, Lee, and Witten.
:thumbup:

erod

Reaction score
If a team is queasy about giving you $80 million guaranteed, that isn't disrespect. It's understandable reluctance.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
One part that is undeniable. The Cowboys failed miserably to anticipate the market for defensive linemen and get ahead of this thing.

They could have gotten a deal done based around the $17 million a year Olivier Vernon got with the Giants. But they waited, and the Mack and Donald deals reset the market.

That's on the Cowboys.

But yet theyre ready to jump the gun on giving Dak a new contract a year early.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? He's a player. He's starting to get into that unreasonable realm of just how important he really is.

If I'm the Cowboys I end negotiations right now. If a trade offer comes in I like I trade him. If not then he plays on the tag or holds out. His choice. The clock is ticking on his career. The Cowboys will be around long after he's gone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If a team is queasy about giving you $80 million guaranteed, that isn't disrespect. It's understandable reluctance.
The fact that he has been suspended once and injured a few times makes them think twice about paying him a lot of money. He is wanting top grade contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares? He's a player. He's starting to get into that unreasonable realm of just how important he really is.

If I'm the Cowboys I end negotiations right now. If a trade offer comes in I like I trade him. If not then he plays on the tag or holds out. His choice. The clock is ticking on his career. The Cowboys will be around long after he's gone.

I'd go that same route, but I sure hope I can get that trade offer. And fast! Because I have to get myself another pass rusher now if I can.

Having that last first round defensive end being a bust and the other pass rusher "busted" really puts them in a bind.

rags747

Reaction score
The one guy that has earned his payday more than anyone and the team is unable to get a deal done:

Disrespected at $17m last season is tough to swallow and this years # is I believe $20m? Believe me I understand fully, but if this guy has been 1/2 smart he will never have to work another day in his life after this upcoming season. He is the 1% that so many people beech about unnecessarily.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Either negotiate or cut it off and start pimping him.

I don't think they doing anything with him at the moment.