DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disrespected at $17m last season is tough to swallow and this years # is I believe $20m? Believe me I understand fully, but if this guy has been 1/2 smart he will never have to work another day in his life after this upcoming season. He is the 1% that so many people beech about unnecessarily.

And assuming any and all risks due to injury. While other defensive linemen are getting $85 - $90 million guaranteed, he's getting $20 million. I can see why he might be upset.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys set this up last year by tagging him and not getting a deal done. Pay the man or move on from him.

hqg-2426.gif

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Exactly.

Follow up one dumb move with another.

But the Jones boys can't lose, can they? Even if it all goes to hell, they're still drinking Johnny Walker Blue all day on a $250 million boat!

And laughin' all the while!
:laugh:
the only saving grace for me is that Jerry will die never winning a SB all by himself. Most folks give Jimmy the credit for the 3 and we know that chaps ole' Jerry's backside.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think they doing anything with him at the moment.

Yep.

Now, a forward thinking organization would probably already be talking trade scenarios and mapping out how to attack free agency to compensate for the loss of Lawrence if they moved him.

Instead, Stephen and Jerry are wondering if the Jones yacht takes diesel or unleaded.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And assuming any and all risks due to injury. While other defensive linemen are getting $85 - $90 million guaranteed, he's getting $20 million. I can see why he might be upset.
I would really like to know what our offer was to him. With the FO knowing what the market is I wonder if it was a insultingly low offer. We know the market says 17-20 but we will give you 12. Lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What I know for sure:

1. If he resigns, the forum will say we overpaid.
2. If he holds out, the forum will say why we are being cheap.
3. If he gets traded, the forum will say we got ripped off.
4. If he signs somewhere as a FA next year, the forum will say the third round comp pick is insufficient and we could have traded him for more.

Choose your own CZ adventure.
Yep.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As is the case with Earl Thomas, Jane Slater has reported again today that negotiations for Demarcus Lawrence are being put on hold for the Dallas FO to get a handle on what he and his agent will likely want as the talks continue. At this point in time, they're feeling what both of them are asking would be a threat to exclude the signing of the other players that they need to be retained as well. She also noted that other teams will be making offers for ET and they're hoping his asking price will be adjusted to something more affordable once those offers are stated.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
They could have gotten a deal done based around the $17 million a year Olivier Vernon got with the Giants. But they waited, and the Mack and Donald deals reset the market.

Vernon had one season over 8 sacks and the Giants gave him an 85 Million dollar deal, that was a ridiculous overpayment.

DLaw had a great season in 2017 but before that he was only healthy one season out of three, it made sense to do the Franchise Tag as an interim step before committing huge dollars to a guy with real question marks.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Exactly.

Follow up one dumb move with another.

But the Jones boys can't lose, can they? Even if it all goes to hell, they're still drinking Johnny Walker Blue all day on a $250 million boat!

And laughin' all the while!
:laugh:

Good work if you can get it

AzorAhai

Reaction score
But yet theyre ready to jump the gun on giving Dak a new contract a year early.
Not only jump the gun, but go above and beyond what his salary should be. They can have control over him for the next 3 seasons for under 60 million. They could tag him 3 times and it still wouldn’t come out to 28 million per year when you factor in the 2.4 he’s going to make this year. They have a ton of leverage because of that tiny salary this year and the fact that he had some mighty struggles very recently. Instead they are practically telling the world we’re going to pay him like he’s Arod.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would really like to know what our offer was to him. With the FO knowing what the market is I wonder if it was a insultingly low offer. We know the market says 17-20 but we will give you 12. Lol

It's only rumor, but that's what I've heard reported. That they truly started at rock bottom in negotiations, essentially knowing that they're end up tagging him.

I'd say, get ready for "Talkin' Taco", the new show where Cowboys shills try to talk up their bust first round draft pick after their only good pass rusher leaves town.

It will be on seven days a week, twice on weekends, and 24/7 here at CowboysZone!

Don't miss it!
:popcorn:

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get skewered here, but would you rather spend $22-$25M on DLaw OR $15M on ET and like $9-12M on a proven (if healthy) NFL DE like Robert Quinn (2 years older w/35 MORE career sacks)? Fire away....................