DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
D7yClMQ.gif

I wonder if this works from Nassau. Doubt it.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Let me know when Miller's coach's antiquated schemes are telling the opponent exactly where he will be on every play. Maybe then you'll have a valid point?

Look, I actually want DLaw back. He's all they have. But, scheme be damned, you're gonna really sit up here and argue that DLaw with his 2 Pro Bowl appearances is in the same universe as 2 players that have both been named actual All Pro's and have both been the DPOY? Ok.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Either way he is not going to be hurting for money. Play under the tag this year and he will have made 42 million so far. They will sign him. If not then take your 20 million and get paid by another team. If it’s me and I want the contract then I tell them sign me now while you have the money. Otherwise I play this year under the tag and go to another team. If you don’t sign me now then I won’t sign later with this team no matter how much you offer me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, I actually want DLaw back. He's all they have. But, scheme be damned, you're gonna really sit up here and argue that DLaw with his 2 Pro Bowl appearances is in the same universe as 2 players that have both been named actual All Pro's and have both been the DPOY? Ok.

I gave you the truth. The facts. The numbers.

Over the past two seasons, Lawrence has more sacks than Von Miller and Khalil Mack. And he's a complete defensive end that is also our best defender against the run.

I'm sorry if that truth bothers you, but nevertheless, it is true.

I know you'd like to now minimize the guy, but facts are facts, even the inconvenient ones.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well then, tell us what the Cowboys offer was then?

You're obviously assuming that they were paying big money to excuse them of any part in this mess. But I guess it's OK to assume there, isn't it?
You don't know the offer, I don't know the offer. Your comparison however completely lacked merit l!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would be fielding offers for him right now
Key emphasis on the word now. Give a final offer. Don't let this play out in the media. Make a decision right now.

NOW. Not next week. Not two weeks from now. And certainly not on top of the July deadline.

Other teams want to get out of this week with their battle plans for the draft.

Lawrence's value will deteriorate with time, not increase.

stiletto

Reaction score
As someone who wants him back, it's all relative.

If he feels disrespected because they didn't give him the largest contract every to a 4-3 DE (or give him Mack money), then he's being unrealistic.

If the team gave him an offer that was a low ball offer thinking they would get a home town discount, then that's on them.

It's hard to really know what's going on here.

This is really it...is he asking to get paid more than Mack or did the Cowboys offer him 10 million a year? Is he disrespected because it isn't Mack money? I don't think he's worth that so if that is the case then yeah I agree. We should trade him, if not and the Cowboys are low-balling then they are probably just trying to get him as cheap as possible and will raise it. I would do the same, not sure what the problem is. LOL But if Tank is just wanting the world at a sacrifice to the entire team, I am not on page.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Key emphasis.

NOW. Not next week. Not two weeks from now. And certainly not on top of the July deadline.

Other teams want to get out of this week with their battle plans for the draft.

Lawrence's value will deteriorate with time, not increase.

Yes, exactly. Now. From the actual boat. While on vacation, you have to do some work. When the NFL calendar says so, not your own.

Because as you said, other teams are actually working right now. And if you actually want to hope to sign a potential replacement for this year? You might want to move on that too.

But I fully expect sitting on hands, rising this tag until the season has started, and then taking our chances on if and when he's having shoulder surgery.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The one guy that has earned his payday more than anyone and the team is unable to get a deal done:

Oh gee...…...another entitled athlete that feels disrespected because he isn't paid the bazillions that he thinks he should get. LOL

dwreck27

Reaction score
Any clue what he wants?? im guessing the standard response from his agent would be more than what Mack got last year from the Bears??

24mill cap hit???

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh gee...…...another entitled athlete that feels disrespected because he isn't paid the bazillions that he thinks he should get. LOL

"Yeah! Take whatever we give you and be grateful!"
:angry:

"Now let's overpay that quarterback ASAP!"