DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tank deserves the average of the top 5-7 pass rushers in the NFL. NOT the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

Dak deserves what other, RECENT, top 15 type QB's are getting paid. Probably a little more based on potential and success.

Pretty simple stuff.

THAT QB range is around 25-30k per year.

No it isn't.

Drew frickin' Brees isn't making over $25 million a year, Dak Prescott sure as hell shouldn't. When people talk about Dak, you lose your freakin' mind, like you're related or something. Your objectivity and any common sense goes bye bye. That's well documented.

They are all overpaid as far as I am concerned.

Surely you can see the importance of the QB over the DE as well. At least show an understanding of football in general.

Oh, I'm sorry, its not an "in general" thing, it's a player being worth it thing. One guy has proven among the best at his position - Lawrence - the other hasn't.

And the ASAP part is to save money. Now that angle is probably a little too complicated to a Dak hating troll. But Ill be more then happy to explain it to you if you want.

Don't bother, if you're dumb enough to label me a "Dak hating troll" because I'm not rolling over to overpay the guy, I don't really care to hear the rest of your fable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn’t he averaging .4 violations of the substance/PED violations per season? That stat matters a lot.

As in suspended once for taking something to recover from surgery?

Are you serious with this or is this a gag that didn't translate?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6_8228738.jpg
[/QUOTE]"National Lampoon's Hillbilly Vacation"

ESisback

Reaction score
IMO its like the second Dez contract, both sides are going to wait until the market is set and then match what is out there. DLaw's agent wants Dallas to set the market but that kind of thing is old Jerry, not new Stephen.

EVERY team is full of “disrespected” divas. Walmart’s hiring. Burger King, Dollar General...

ESisback

Reaction score
What I know for sure:

1. If he resigns, the forum will say we overpaid.
2. If he holds out, the forum will say why we are being cheap.
3. If he gets traded, the forum will say we got ripped off.
4. If he signs somewhere as a FA next year, the forum will say the third round comp pick is insufficient and we could have traded him for more.

Choose your own CZ adventure.

Exactly! The laughingstock of the NFL! We’re doomed! NO ONE has a dumber front office....

Question: What about 5 Lombardis, the best winning percentage over the past 50 years, the most valuable franchise, the all time leading rusher, the largest fan base, the biggest and best (fill in the blank)...

Answer: 23 years, you blind homer!

cern

Reaction score
every player who is not offered what he thinks he's worth feels disrespected. boo hoo hoo.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just my guess, he gladly played 2018 on the tag with an apparent promised from Stephen do xyz and we'll take care of you. This is why he issued the "your move" statement. We know his 2018 salary was $17M and 2019 will be $20M. We also know Stephen at one time said they weren't that far apart. My guess, Stephen is offering something in the range of $17-19M but DLaw is thinking $20-21M. But they could be close on yearly payout but struggling with guaranteed money or signing bonus.
Yeah if they are only a million or so apart then it shouldn’t be that hard to do this. Must be the guaranteed money. I am sure they want you a give him a sweet up front bonus.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
OK. I'm just trying to explain how the player and agent are seeing his side of negotiations. This is his one big shot and he's trying to make the most of it. If Dallas won't pay him, trade him immediately and get someone or someones that can replace him.

I don't know why I have this weird feeling DLaw is gonna be the next big name traded - especially if the 'Boys can fleece a team that a) has a SERIOUS need for an Edge Rusher and b) has some serious $$$$$ to spend. Would you trade him to the Colts for Pick 26 and maybe a 3rd?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If he played offense, he would have been paid. They had no issues in making Smith, TFred, Martin the highest paid at there positions when they came up for contracts.
if lawrence would take a deal structured the way they did then he would be signed.

Jipper

Reaction score
i dont care anymore about any of these overpaid players feeling "disrepspected"...boohoo, you only want to pay me 20 million for 1 year...wahhh..i dont care honestly. Its business....and if you don't like it, talk to your player rep and negotiate better during the next CBA....otherwise play within the parameters of the contstruct that you agreed to.

and....like it or not, the franchise tag is 100% legal and designed just for people like dlaw.....that have show very great potential but not enough to warrant the top tier long term contract....disrespected, pffff....what a joke.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
As in suspended once for taking something to recover from surgery?

Are you serious with this or is this a gag that didn't translate?

No, there was a fine also before the suspension related to another violation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why I have this weird feeling DLaw is gonna be the next big name traded - especially if the 'Boys can fleece a team that a) has a SERIOUS need for an Edge Rusher and b) has some serious $$$$$ to spend. Would you trade him to the Colts for Pick 26 and maybe a 3rd?

If I could sign a potential free agent replacement? In a heartbeat!
:thumbup:

But that's why I contend this would have to happen FAST!

Little Jr

Reaction score
The Miller contract and mack contract are some what far apart so which does he want?

With today's cap being 188m Miller's contract would look like, 6 yr, 138m and 84m guaranteed. Mack would look like, 6 yr, 150m and 96m guaranteed . That's 23m a year compared to 25m and 12m more in guaranteed money.

He's not on their level. When Von signed his contract in 5 years he had 60 sacks compared to Dlaw 34. He had 81 TFL compared to Dlaw 48. He had 267 tackles compared to Dlaw 200.

When Mack signed his and 1 less year than Dlaw he had 40.5 sacks compared to Dlaw 34. 68 TFL compared to Dlaw 48. 303 tackles compared to Dlaw 200. Again, with one less year.

I've said for a while now he deserves a Chandler Jones type contract that he compares favorably to. At the time Jones signed his contract he had 47 sacks to Dlaw 34. 53 TFL to Dlaw 48. 271 tackles to Dlaw 200. Still ahead of Dlaw but not at the rate Miller and Mack.

A contract like Jones would be, 5 yr, 93m, 57m guarantee. If he wants a 6 yr deal then, 6 yr, 111m, 68m guarantee. I could care less about the annual so if the want to give him 100m to make it 20m per year or 120m on a 6 yr deal to brag that he's getting 20m a year, no big deal. Even if they bumped the guarantee up to 60m on a 5 year deal or 70 on a 6 year deal just to sweeten the pot, fine . But that would have to be the absolute max. Bumping it up too 100m or 120 on a 6 yr deal would put him as the top paid 4-3 DE.

If he's asking for that much and I have no reason to think he isnt, then I can see why he thinks they low balled him no matter what they offered him. Until I know the number they offered I won't say they low balled him. Since I know his number now, he's over valuing himself.

RamziD

Reaction score
One part that is undeniable. The Cowboys failed miserably to anticipate the market for defensive linemen and get ahead of this thing.

They could have gotten a deal done based around the $17 million a year Olivier Vernon got with the Giants. But they waited, and the Mack and Donald deals reset the market.

That's on the Cowboys.

Now apply that same logic to Prescott

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now apply that same logic to Prescott

I'll apply the franchise tag to Dak Prescott, thanks. Especially if his asking price is as crazy ad the "$27-$30 million" being thrown around.