Twitter: DeMarcus Lawrence isn’t going anywhere

Carson

Reaction score
What a joke-
People need to read the room better with these players.

People complain and think they are going to rebuild this team. They won 12 games so Jerry is trying to retool and resell.

They were never going to lose Cooper, Schultz, Gregory, Lawrence, Williams and Kearse.

quickccc

Reaction score
I started a post weeks ago, about who would you keep if you had to decide: Cooper or DLaw? We both said DLaw if I remember.
This draft is shaping up as a offensive one to address OL, WR, TE.

yeh i get that.
i'll have the B-tier edge rusher over the B-tier WR, .. but this is not about personal choices .. it's about source of information - or the question thereof

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For sure.

I hope something can be worked out because if he leaves there will be a void and no, I don't think Chauncey Gholston can fill it, lol.

Dallas was 7-1 while he was out of the lineup, Cowboys are not that dependent on DLaw. I think it is a good player but Cowboys can overcome losing him

Cowboyny

Reaction score
yeh i get that.
i'll have the B-tier edge rusher over the B-tier WR, .. but this is not about personal choices .. it's about source of information - or the question thereof
Clearly Cooper is going to be off the roster as they are calling other teams about him and involved in trying to resign Gallup to a long-term contract. All we know is the ball is in the front office court regarding DLaw. He is still under contract and said no to a pay cut.

quickccc

Reaction score
Clearly Cooper is going to be off the roster as they are calling other teams about him and involved in trying to resign Gallup to a long-term contract. All we know is the ball is in the front office court regarding DLaw. He is still under contract and said no to a pay cut.

so i'm awaiting to see what officially happens,..
either Cowboys will let the DLaw contract alone and let him play at his current amount, ...or Dlaw agrees to reconstruct instead being cut .. or he does gets cut.

CWR

Reaction score
If they are keeping Dlaw I'd imagine it's because they can't come to terms with Gregory.

My guess is they were hoping to shed Dlaws contract and retain Gregory for a discount.

It's obvious they wanted to part with Dlaw. You don't ask a player to take a pay cut unless you are ready to move on.

Gregory must want a big pay day. He's as good as gone if Dlaw stays. Dlaw is still owed 19 million guaranteed. So they will probably push it one more year and then cut. Gregory is probably looking for a larger guarantee than we are comfortable with.

Proof

Reaction score
Good news. Is he overpaid? Probably, but only by about $3-4 million.

Not enough savings to upgrade or even stay steady at the position.

only if you’re talking AAV which is useless on a deal that escalates on the back end. @27 million this year he’s overpaid by 10 mil minimum

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
only if you’re talking AAV which is useless on a deal that escalates on the back end. @27 million this year he’s overpaid by 10 mil minimum

Yes, AAV is really the only way to compare. Dallas chose to take the smaller cap hit in '19 & '20 and spread the bonus out and restructure like they did-that is not on the player.

cowboyec

Reaction score
To say nothing of the fact that he declined a pay cut. So is the team capitulating with this guy yet again?
i said this in another thread.
he probably wins his bluff...for now.
after the draft....could be a different story.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wonder if this could indicate RG94 is asking for too much.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's in decline, three seasons is a trend what more do we need to see?

The guy is unproductive because he's never available, even when he plays he's usually hurt.

2019 5 sacks
2020 6 sacks
2021 3 sacks

CWR

Reaction score
so i'm awaiting to see what officially happens,..
either Cowboys will let the DLaw contract alone and let him play at his current amount, ...or Dlaw agrees to reconstruct instead being cut .. or he does gets cut.

I was trying to figure out his contract and it looks like a no brainer if we can simply add a couple of void years. It doesn't appear there is a ton of guaranteed money but maybe I'm mistaken. Hes owed 27 million this season but only has 19 million guaranteed. Then if we keep him this year and cut next off season we still owe 11 million guaranteed. It would seem we could shift that around, but I really don't know. I would think we'd take care of guaranteed money first.

phildadon86

Reaction score
NO! They flat out released Dez w/o asking for a pay-cut. In other words, Linehan and Stephen wanted him gone.......real bad
Linehan was fired the season after that. He hung his hat on being able to be good without him.