Signed by Cowboys Demarcus Lawrence signed, 5 years $105 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
More than a lot of people would have wanted to pay but it would have been very difficult to replace him. Pass rushers are hard to find and without a pass rush there's a limit to how good the defense is going to be.

I just hope his body holds up long enough that we don't end up eating most of that contact.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
One of my favorite talent evaluators Louis Riddick tweeted this...

For the few fans here saying Lawrence is a mediocre DE, why did every single media outlet list Tank as the #1 free agent available this entire offseason?

It's one thing to think Cowboy fans overrate a player, but why would every football talking head claim he's the top possible free agent if he was "mediocre"?

Personally, I'm glad that he is 1)no longer playing under the tag and 2) playing this year at a smaller cap number. With Quinn, when is the last time we had two bookend DE's this good?

aria

Reaction score
NO ONE thought that..it was the agent. That said, I said earlier today they need to sign this weekend and get the surgery next week. That's great....GLAD it got done NOW its on him to be a beast and a leader. Has to earn it.
That’s ridiculous, that’s like blaming JG and ignoring who’s really paying him to be there. The agent is the broker but he’s not holding out without Tanks approval. Tank could have easily said “I’ll settle for 20 per year” but he didn’t.

And yes, you know as well as I do several people said something to that effect about Tank AND his agent.

“No one said that”....Bwahahaha

birdwells1

Reaction score
Who ever said 140 mil? Most people were complaining about him wanting more than 20 and how he wasn’t worth it. Also bashed his character for not being a team player (like any of them really are).
Hell, the team ain't a team player.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess we will find out if he was worth it or if we wasted 65+ million. More worried about him being healthy a full season not just playing through injuries but actually being healthy and productive 16+ games into the playoffs.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I really hope we can get a solid 1 tech or 3T in FA, and the latter in the draft. Along with a safety of course. That would finish the offseason Nicely.

Imagine if we somehow pick up Gerald McCoy via a trade or if Tampa Bay cuts him?

The draft would be pure gravy. I'd imagine we'd be a very fashionable Super Bowl pick at that point.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
One of my favorite talent evaluators Louis Riddick tweeted this...

For the few fans here saying Lawrence is a mediocre DE, why did every single media outlet list Tank as the #1 free agent available this entire offseason?

It's one thing to think Cowboy fans overrate a player, but why would every football talking head claim he's the top possible free agent if he was "mediocre"?

Personally, I'm glad that he is 1)no longer playing under the tag and 2) playing this year at a smaller cap number. With Quinn, when is the last time we had two bookend DE's this good?

He’s not mediocre, they didn’t like the pick, they don’t like him personally, or his attitude, so nothing will ever change their minds. I mean they’d give him up for a 5th round pick if they could, and hope that he’d be a big failure to whatever team he was trade to just so they can say I knew it!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Imagine if we somehow pick up Gerald McCoy via a trade or if Tampa Bay cuts him?

The draft would be pure gravy. I'd imagine we'd be a very fashionable Super Bowl pick at that point.

Oh, that would make this the best Cowboys off-season I've ever seen. I'd be super stoked for the season. We could be Super Bowl favourites. Garrett would have a Super Bowl roster. The FO has done their job. Now, do your job, Jason Garrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.