Signed by Cowboys Demarcus Lawrence signed, 5 years $105 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
3rd highest paid pass-rusher in the league.
helluva bargin for the best DE on the planet.
:starspin:'MERICA'S TEAM:starspin:

With other pass rushers still not signed by their teams, he might not end up being the third-highest even before this offseason's over. If he does, he'll probably slip down the list next year and $21 million will start looking like a bargain.

bb721

Reaction score
Like that his big hit is year 1.

No, year one is his SMALLEST cap hit of his contract since the signing bonus is prorated over 5 years. So he get’s a ton of cash in year one, but that’s much different than when it hits the cap.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’ll count just over 11 million on the cap this year. Years 2 and 3 his cap hit will be 22 million.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
You can always roll money over to the next year. You can never get it back once you've paid it to a player.
I understand that part but if you are guaranteeing him so much why not not a big chunk off that in the first 2 years so after 2 years you can get out of the contract if needed?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sign Suh and Dallas could be in the small whisper......Say it with me. SB contenders pool..
If we are a contender with him then we are one without him. No team is a Suh away from contending and if you think you are your team has major problems.

Rayman70

Reaction score
5 minutes ago he was a piece of trash we needed to trade and now he’s back to being a true war daddy :rolleyes:
NO ONE thought that..it was the agent. That said, I said earlier today they need to sign this weekend and get the surgery next week. That's great....GLAD it got done NOW its on him to be a beast and a leader. Has to earn it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I understand that part but if you are guaranteeing him so much why not not a big chunk off that in the first 2 years so after 2 years you can get out of the contract if needed?

I'm guessing his guarantees will be paid by the end of year 3. Not sure how much the dead cap will be.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed with the Cowboys FO for agreeing to this deal. Tank will never live up to this agreement and he still hasn't agreed to get the surgery he needs on his shoulder in time to be ready when the season begins. Everyone assumes the surgery is coming soon but I'll believe it only once it happens. The last time I felt this disappointed with the FO was when they agreed to pay Dez his big deal... that didn't work out just like I knew it wouldn't. I'd be glad to see Tank prove me wrong but I won't hold my breath. I see a lot of Cowboys fans celebrating over this deal but I'm not one. The Cowboys money vault just got robbed.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
At the time we extended him, he had a couple of years left on the contract *if he wasn't on the Cowboys*. A weird contract that invited us to trade him.

Doesnt matter if he had a couple of years left.

What mattered was that we manouvered us in a position were we only had one choice: sing him.

He knew it, we knew it. He made the most of it. Did not care about the team. We had no choice. Who to blame ? He was an egomanic player. We were not able to get rid of an good but not franchise QB.

In the end.See the results. People blame Garrett to guide us thru 2-3 capping years to get rid of a bad contract.

Man how i hate this overachieving basketball loser.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
That's a lot of dough. Now we have to pay big money to Ezekiel, Prescott, and Cooper. Can we afford that or will 1 get cut loose?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That's a lot of dough. Now we have to pay big money to Ezekiel, Prescott, and Cooper. Can we afford that or will 1 get cut loose?

We only have to pay Copper.

Draft good. Stay put. Be great!!!

Dont accept mediocracy. Especially on the most important position!

Status
Not open for further replies.