Signed by Cowboys Demarcus Lawrence signed, 5 years $105 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think the whole right side vs left side thing is way overblown. Von Miller rushes off the right. Khalil Mack rushes off the right. JJ Watt rushes off the right. Pressure is pressure, and DCs aren't particular about where it comes from.

The best-player-at-LT thing comes as much from strong side and weak side as it does from QB vision. Your RT would often have a blocker in line on his shoulder to help him, whereas your LT would be out there by himself with a 1 on 1 for most of the game. But with shotgun spread passing becoming so prevalent, there's really not a need for that any more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You know and understand football. Many on here don’t seem to.

What Lawrence adds to this defense is way, way more than the number of sacks he gets. The guy is a very good DE in all aspects of the position. He’s young, plays with the right demeanor, and is the leader of what is one of the best defenses in the league.

There’s no way the team could let him get away. He just means too much to the defense. Plus, as you mentioned, with Quinn opposite him, the pass rush is going to be much better than Dallas has had in I don’t know how long.

I’m very excited to watch the defense this year.
The only reservation I have is that we may have paid Prime for USDA.

Now that it is done, I look forward to seeing how we work the rotation, hopefully with a young edge to help.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We are all aware of that backside pressure. The QB can't see the blindside rusher coming off the edge and then, boom, big hit, sack, maybe a fumble. The thing about Tank is he is right in the QB's view side. YOU SEE HIM COMING. Quinn and hopefully Gregory are going to clean up this year. If we can add a true interior pressure player and a safety who can cover ground, we are going to be a problem for offenses. Maybe Maliek Collins in his contract year, a rejuvenated Tyrone Crawford, the moving-Kerry Hyder- to-DT project, or the 58th pick will be that interior pass rusher.
Yep, it is going to cause a lot of problems for offenses.

Teams scheme to try to slow Lawrence down and with a better pass rush from the weak side, that is going to be more difficult to do.

And you’re right, if they could just get a pressure player on the interior of the DL, it would be a nightmare to play against.

There’s no way it’d happen but man would I love to add Ed Oliver in this draft.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You know and understand football. Many on here don’t seem to.

What Lawrence adds to this defense is way, way more than the number of sacks he gets. The guy is a very good DE in all aspects of the position. He’s young, plays with the right demeanor, and is the leader of what is one of the best defenses in the league.

There’s no way the team could let him get away. He just means too much to the defense. Plus, as you mentioned, with Quinn opposite him, the pass rush is going to be much better than Dallas has had in I don’t know how long.

I’m very excited to watch the defense this year.
He takes on double teams on pass rushes and doesn't get enough credit for his play against the run.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The only reservation I have is that we may have paid Prime for USDA.

Now that it is done, I look forward to seeing how we work the rotation, hopefully with a young edge to help.
Well, there just wasn’t much else the team could do honestly.

And really, as a DE, Lawrence pretty much is prime... if you look at his sack totals only, I could see calling that USDA. His total game is among the very best, IMO.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Very true.

I would hope we hear about him going under the knife within a week.

I’m not an athlete and was diagnosed with 2,torn labrum after a workout injury! I was given rehab issues because repairs are not a solution and fighting the arm

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See this kind of negative post is contagious. There are many other weak minded posters who read this and post something even more negative.
See this kind of negative post is contagious. There are many other weak minded posters who read this and post something even more negative.
Put me back on ignore and move along. My posts are only meant for strong minded individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.