News: Demarcus Lawrence To Be Suspended For Failed Drug Test

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People still not understanding what RKG means...years into JG's tenure....meanwhile these same people have the nerve to call Lawrence and Gregory dumb.

Irony.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Clown fans like u who live in the land of oz have no clue ..you must be related to Mickey spags ..for a true fan like me who is tired of this. Nonsense can't accept losing for 20 years plus so maybe as much as u like losing maybe u should find another team cuz I am a boyz fan foe life ...who cares about winning

:laugh: Sure thang Bozo.

Stay miserable, "foe life".

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Think this was a direct result from playing thru his back injury from last yr. If thats the case then so be it. He did what he had to to to get thru the yr and play. Im sure he probably got addicted to it. Maybe the team shouldve just shut him down if it was indeed something to help him with his back issues. Its clear the team made bad decisions last yr because they were still in contention. Romo coming back too soon as well as Dez. This came out of nowhere. Would like to know the story behind this. Hopefully he can man up like Scandrick did after he was busted.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So he tested positive 4 times for amphetamines? It takes four times to get suspended.

That's even worse.

What happened to the days when a man grabbed a ball in one hand and a flaming 'schnopz' in the other...and merely survived?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Think this was a direct result from playing thru his back injury from last yr. If thats the case then so be it. He did what he had to to to get thru the yr and play. Im sure he probably got addicted to it. Maybe the team shouldve just shut him down if it was indeed something to help him with his back issues. Its clear the team made bad decisions last yr because they were still in contention. Romo coming back too soon as well as Dez. This came out of nowhere. Would like to know the story behind this. Hopefully he can man up like Scandrick did after he was busted.

That was actually my first thought too. I wondered if maybe there was some amphetamine, maybe codeine he got addicted to by playing through injury.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As my grandmother used to say, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. Ain't nobody forcing you to be here. Your negativity pales in comparison to the negativity at the Eagle fan sites. Not many jumping up and down, celebrating the move to #2 which you seem to endorse as a stroke of genius. Thornton can play both DT and DE from what the coaches say. QB is yet to be seen and there wasn't much, if any, to choose from in FA. Bosa probably won't be the next JJ Watt but he will be far from a bust. And Hardy likely isn't getting any offers so far, from anyone.

Wow, you checking fan cards for everybody not waving pom poms?

The guy was just giving his opinion and you tell him to leave?

And he is right about the QB situation. The fact that we went 1-11 without Romo and did nothing in free agency or to get one of the top QBs in the draft is down right incompetent

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i think it's time to just accept that this team will never field a good defense, let alone elite, for a long time.. if ever again

i'm all in on just going with what we got on D and supercharging the offense to the point of overkill almost. keep the defense off the field, and all that

"Give me Zeke, or Give me Death"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The team is cursing itself esp at DE.
Exactly my friend

When the team drafts players with drug problems and then said players get suspended, it's not a sign your team is cursed

It's a sign that maybe you need to stop drafting guys with drug problems. Why do you guys think Gregory was available in the bottom of the second round?

Teams passed on him for a reason and Laurance had flags coming out of Boise State as well. Noah Spence is "that guy" this year

My point is the team is not a victim here, they drafted these guys knowing they had red flags so this is not a curse, this is just bad drafting

superonyx

Reaction score
That was actually my first thought too. I wondered if maybe there was some amphetamine, maybe codeine he got addicted to by playing through injury.

I don't believe pain killers are amphetamines or have them in them. Pain killers are opiates in the same family as heroine. Amphetamines are stimulants like meth and Adderrall, Vyvanse ect. I read he went back to Boise St to finish his degree this offseason. Adderrall is a very popular and very available study drug used on college campuses these days to help students stay mentally sharp or focused.

My concern is that he tested positive 4 times. Once you hit that third strike and get fined 4 game checks and yet you continue to use a drug then it moves beyond just taking a study aid and into a real addiction.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I don't believe pain killers are amphetamines or have them in them. Pain killers are opiates in the same family as heroine. Amphetamines are stimulants like meth and Adderrall, Vyvanse ect. I read he went back to Boise St to finish his degree this offseason. Adderrall is a very popular and very available study drug used on college campuses these days to help students stay mentally sharp or focused.

My concern is that he tested positive 4 times. Once you hit that third strike and get fined 4 game checks and yet you continue to use a drug then it moves beyond just taking a study aid and into a real addiction.

You're right. Amphetamine is nothing close to opiates (painkillers). Lawrence tested positive for amphetamines (adderall).

It's everywhere on college campuses. Also extremely easy to get a prescription too if you actually feel you need it, which is the dumbest thing Lawrence did (not getting a scrip when you're a professional).

Amphetamines are also considered a PED. The league only needs 1 violation for a 4 game suspension, unlike marijuana which is 4 failed tests. Lawrence supposedly failed one before, I don't know, but in these instances you only need 1 failed test for suspension due to classification.

I'm not really worried about Demarcus. He's dumb, but it's not like has a problem like Gregory. The Dallas FO will point him toward a doctor/therapist he can talk to, and if they feel he needs it, can give him a legitimate prescription, much like Von Miller did after his suspension.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Exactly my friend

When the team drafts players with drug problems and then said players get suspended, it's not a sign your team is cursed

It's a sign that maybe you need to stop drafting guys with drug problems. Why do you guys think Gregory was available in the bottom of the second round?

Teams passed on him for a reason and Laurance had flags coming out of Boise State as well. Noah Spence is "that guy" this year

My point is the team is not a victim here, they drafted these guys knowing they had red flags so this is not a curse, this is just bad drafting

I don't mind them taking chances but at one position is asking for it.