1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Demarcus Lawrence's rookie sack total

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, May 10, 2014.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,185 Messages
    102,646 Likes Received
    I'm taking the temperature of the board here. What do you think is a realistic expectation for Lawrence this season in terms of what he does best, sack the quarterback?

I don't think he's an immediate starter. But that matters little to me. This is an investment for the future.

Would a half dozen sacks playing heavily in a rotation be an encouraging rookie year? Is he capable? I have my opinion (yes), what's yours?

Fletch and Fredd like this.
  2. S4 DGMS

S4 DGMS Member

63 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Seven......

3. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,201 Messages
    14,680 Likes Received
    So we trade way up for a part time situational future player? I don't get it...

4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,096 Messages
    23,981 Likes Received
    Double digit sacks in his rookie year would sure set the bar high...let's go with it...I'm a risk taker...I say 10

5. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I'd set the O/U at 6.5

6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,185 Messages
    102,646 Likes Received
    A situational pass rusher in 2014. A starter in the future.

cheftjpeck, DFWJC and Nation like this.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

6,911 Messages
    5,009 Likes Received
    6 equal to the last Demarcus

8. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,201 Messages
    14,680 Likes Received
    That we traded way up for.. Players taken that early should be day one starters...

9. 85Cowboy85

85Cowboy85 Well-Known Member

1,519 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    A poll would be cool here. I'm gonna say 5.

CF74 likes this.
  10. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,552 Messages
    21,881 Likes Received
    as it stands now he is not boing to be able to contain the edge against the run. jason peters and trent williams would sustain their blocks and steer him where they will. as part of a rotation anything over 5 sacks i would consider a success.

CF74 likes this.
  11. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member

3,252 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    Or long term fixtures of the franchise. Dez didn't start right away either.

Proximo likes this.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

13,615 Messages
    8,633 Likes Received
    6.5-7 sacks as a rookie. And I am fine with that total.

13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

19,628 Messages
    34,540 Likes Received
    i watched some of the youtube videos. i'm a little more disappointed in the trade up after watching more tape. i agree with fuzzy. i worry what a big strong tackle like trent williams will do to him in the running game. i think he gets 4-5 in his first year.

CF74 likes this.
  14. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

4,790 Messages
    1,095 Likes Received
    That is one of my biggest questions... How fast can you put on quality weight? Seriously, does anyone know. I used to be a body builder (*a long time ago :D ) and no matter how hard I tried it was hard for me to gain weight and I'm not under anywhere near the restriction for intake these guys are. I ate 5-6 times a day, took supplements, and snacked on pure protein all day and worked out 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon and I was able to gain 20 lbs in about a year. Can they do it faster now?

OH... I hope for 7 this year.

CF74 likes this.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

25,524 Messages
    8,850 Likes Received
    Under 5. Look at a bunch of the mid to late first round DL taken last year that ended up in rotations, they are in like the 2.5 sack area.

Unlike a lot of people though, I am not, and will never, be concerned with a players size. Robert Mathis led the league in sacks last year, and he is Lawrence's size.

pancakeman and munkee like this.
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,552 Messages
    21,881 Likes Received
    what im banking on is him being only 21. i suspect his body will take to filling out naturally.

17. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    23... Kidding. Give me 8 and a lot of hurries. and I will be happy

18. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    775 Likes Received
    I think he will get 8 sacks... he's more talented then Selvie and look how many sacks he got last year. I also think that the dline in general will be better and will only help his case.

19. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

12,460 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I'll go with between 5 to 7 sacks as a rookie. But closer to 5 is probably more realistic his first year.

In his second year, I'd hope between 7 to 10 area.

I think we are going to have to keep drafting DL next year as well. Similarly like we have done for the OL the past few years.

birdwells1, CF74 and casmith07 like this.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

25,524 Messages
    8,850 Likes Received
    Exactly. A lot of people seem to have it in their head that all issues will be addressed in this one draft. It doesn't work that way.