Demarcus Ware appreciation thread *Jerry Statement Post #28*

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Favorite Cowboys of all time. Hate to see you go, but I agree with the decision.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Ring of Honor and Hall of Fame inductee.

We're almost out of the Parcells era on this roster.

Thank you, DeMarcus. You'll be missed. (But hopefully you'll just re-sign for lesser and come back!)

burmafrd

Reaction score
Basically what Jerruh said was let us know the offer and we see if we can match it.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
It really is time for this team to move in a different direction. Not resigning Ware is definitely a step in the right direction. He was a great player but his best years are behind him now especially with all the injuries.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Very sad that Jerry never gave this guy and this team a real head coach since the one who drafted him left

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't think it would actually happen.

Seems necessary but I just can't help but be sad about this.

Best of luck Ware. Please go somewhere and get a ring. You deserve it.

gambit187

Reaction score
This Hurts...I'm Sad...I'm Hurt...Time To Rebuild and get young, mean and hungry...I'm a Cowboy For Life...no one man is THE STAR

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Good luck DWare (except if you play us). I hope that if we can't make it to the superbowl that you do. Please be smart and go to a legit contender (No one in the NFCE) :D

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Sad day for me. Hate to see players like this finish their career with another franchise. I hope he goes to a team that's close and gets a ring. He gave his body up for this franchise.

Thanks Dware and good luck

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Basically what Jerruh said was let us know the offer and we see if we can match it.

If this is the case, it seems Jerry is not making the correct business decision. His cap number now is at 9M. If he would have signed for max restructure, he would have lowered it to $6M this year. Now, if he is brought back, he costs $9M + whatever contract he takes. He's gone

Section446

Reaction score
One of the all time greatest Cowboys, but it's past time to move on. I wish him nothing but the best, this move was great for both parties.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Great player that did a lot of great things on this team. Was still time to move on though, IMO.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Thanks ware for all your effort. Just hope he goes to a contender. I dont see him making the hof without at least one ring.

VThokie7

Reaction score
With Ware refusing a pay cut they had no choice, but darn does it still burn. I think switching out of the 3-4 took away part of his effectiveness, so in the end it is likely better for him. And we have some cap flexibility to work on the line, but never want to see a first ballot guy go.

Side note, this is typically why I wait to purchase signed memorabilia until a player is retired. But I have a feeling i'll always have room for my full size Ware signed helmet.

brucekr

Reaction score
Sad day for me. He has been a model player on and off the field. Best wishes to you D'Ware

Zordon

Reaction score
It seems clear he was meant to be the OLB on a 3-4 rather than a DE in the 4-3. I am thinking that might have had as much impact as his cap number to the coaches and Jerruh.

Never once believed he would be better suited for the 4-3. Especially at his age, it was just stupid. This franchise is ran by a family of village idiots.